Searching for the right wallet

Pias

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
It's been over a year now and I still couldn't find or make a decision which wallet I should pursuit. In past years, I've been using a compact wallet because I prefer carrying a small purse. I'm currently using compact Prada Saffiano wallet but I'm thinking of changing to a long bright colored wallet which I can put my iphone inside and carrying the wallet like a clutch and not carrying any purse at all when running errands.

I was told that the iphone can't be put in the bi-fold Bearn wallet (inside the gusset slot). But can you sandwich iphone in Bearn wallet? Is the strap long and secure enough to do so?

How about Dogon combined wallet? Can you put iphone inside? Does it look to bulky?

What about the leather? I love Chevre mysore but this leather looks wrinkled fast within a couple years, doesn't it? Also with bright or light colors, it can look soiled fast too, right? The epsom leather holds shape well but the leather doesn't impress me. I don't know much about swift..

Hermes wallets are pricey and I just don't want to make a mistake. Can you all give me some advices based on your experience? Thank you so so much!!:smile:

I have the dogon wallet & I don't think the iphone would work because for me
at least I would find it too bulky..

But if you are near a Hermes store, you can go in & see if it works for you..

I find the dogon wallet very functional for me... I can keep my checkbook
init & also like the fact it conceals my cc & money..

I have a regular phone which I carry in a Hermes cell case which
works for me.

Others may chime in with their thoughts...

I have the dogon wallet & I don't think the iphone would work because for me
at least I would find it too bulky..

But if you are near a Hermes store, you can go in & see if it works for you..

I find the dogon wallet very functional for me... I can keep my checkbook
init & also like the fact it conceals my cc & money..

I have a regular phone which I carry in a Hermes cell case which
works for me.

Others may chime in with their thoughts...
Thank you for your input, HotShot! That was what I thought so too that Dogon might have been too bulky with iPhone inside. Yes, the H stores are not too far from where I live. But there have been no wallets..for a couple times I have visited.. So, I'm thinking of H resellers instead now.
Can bearn's, azap's owners chime in too? Thanks!

I have a silk in epsom long wallet. I like this wallet because the space is evenly divided for coins (with zipper), for notes and many cards compartment which i needed most. I carry about 20 cards( CC, donut card, gym card, supermarket cards etc etc) which i gotta to use it almost on a daily basis and getting cards (plastics and papercards) from leather could be quite difficult. But silk in wallet has the silk interior that makes it easier for me. Then this wallet is zipped up type and because of the length and depth, I realised I could put my passport inside this wallet (zipped up condition) whichmade me feel so hassle-free and not worrying about losing it whilst travelling. The last pro for me if this wallet is the least expensive. However, you must take note because of the depth..sometimes its difficult to search for the right coins quickly. HTH!

I have an Azap and a medium dogon. Both a great, but for different purposes. The Azap is a perfect wallet, lots of space for organizing, but it can get heavy since I tend to carry more in it. The medium dogon keeps me edited. I would not fit my iPhone in either since I use a battery pack.

I think the Kelly wallet can double as a clutch and can fit the iPhone.

If you must stick your iPhone inside the wallet, then your choices are significantly narrowed down. As a wallet, the Bearn has been excellent for me. I've used it ever since I got into H.

Which iPhone and case do you have? My iPhone 5 with slim case fits in my Bearn quite comfortably and my iPhone 4 fits too without a case.

Mine is also iPhone 5 with super slim case. Wow! That is good to know that I can put mine in the Bearn! Is your Bearn bi fold with gusset? What is the leather type? Can you give me some insight based on your experience? Do you have to baby your wallet? Thank you in advance!:biggrin:

Pias said:
It's been over a year now and I still couldn't find or make a decision which wallet I should pursuit. In past years, I've been using a compact wallet because I prefer carrying a small purse. I'm currently using compact Prada Saffiano wallet but I'm thinking of changing to a long bright colored wallet which I can put my iphone inside and carrying the wallet like a clutch and not carrying any purse at all when running errands.

I was told that the iphone can't be put in the bi-fold Bearn wallet (inside the gusset slot). But can you sandwich iphone in Bearn wallet? Is the strap long and secure enough to do so?

How about Dogon combined wallet? Can you put iphone inside? Does it look to bulky?

What about the leather? I love Chevre mysore but this leather looks wrinkled fast within a couple years, doesn't it? Also with bright or light colors, it can look soiled fast too, right? The epsom leather holds shape well but the leather doesn't impress me. I don't know much about swift..

Hermes wallets are pricey and I just don't want to make a mistake. Can you all give me some advices based on your experience? Thank you so so much!!:smile:

My iPhone 4 fits in my bi fold bearn. I do not carry coins in my bearn. However. Mine is chèvre and is a few years old (pre/loved ) and it looks great in violet and doesn't look soiled. But I have no idea how much the previous owner used it. Before I purchased it I did a lot of research on chèvre and it appears to be a great leather for wallets. So, I guess I will know from my own personal experience.

I can say that I really like the bearn. It is slim and elegant looking, even if azap owners say they like the azap better.

Good luck in your decision! :smile:

Mine is also iPhone 5 with super slim case. Wow! That is good to know that I can put mine in the Bearn! Is your Bearn bi fold with gusset? What is the leather type? Can you give me some insight based on your experience? Do you have to baby your wallet? Thank you in advance!:biggrin:

Yup I have a bifold with gusset in chèvre :smile:
I like that it's really soft and has a slight sheen to it. I really don't baby my things but I also haven't taken this one into any compromising situations haha. My SA did say that scratches probably wouldn't really show on this type of leather.

Oh if you do put the phone in the gusset you might not be able to carry too many bills with you (it will be pretty plump at that point). Since I never seem to have cash or coins on me that isn't a big problem with me. Hope this helps!

Edit: Here are two comparison pics with and without the iPhone:
2zpnrix.jpg

10ohcic.jpg

You can kind of see the bottom is bulkier on the left?

Last edited:
I have an Azap and a medium dogon. Both a great, but for different purposes. The Azap is a perfect wallet, lots of space for organizing, but it can get heavy since I tend to carry more in it. The medium dogon keeps me edited. I would not fit my iPhone in either since I use a battery pack.

I think the Kelly wallet can double as a clutch and can fit the iPhone.

Thank you, Doloresmia and Crazyforhermess, for your insight on Azap! I do have Kelly long wallet but it looks too dressy to run some errands like shopping at supermarkets for me.
I am now coming down to Azap and Bearn bi fold with gusset, probably in Chevre Mysore if I can find the color I love. Wish me luck!:smile:

My iPhone 4 fits in my bi fold bearn. I do not carry coins in my bearn. However. Mine is chèvre and is a few years old (pre/loved ) and it looks great in violet and doesn't look soiled. But I have no idea how much the previous owner used it. Before I purchased it I did a lot of research on chèvre and it appears to be a great leather for wallets. So, I guess I will know from my own personal experience.

I can say that I really like the bearn. It is slim and elegant looking, even if azap owners say they like the azap better.

Good luck in your decision! :smile:

Thank you, Dagnypup, for detailed info on Bearn! I would never know this fact otherwise. Yes, I love Chevre but I was afraid to buy it if the leather is too delicate for everyday use. I guess Chevre Mysore is my selected leather so far! Thank you!:smile:

Yup I have a bifold with gusset in chèvre :smile:
I like that it's really soft and has a slight sheen to it. I really don't baby my things but I also haven't taken this one into any compromising situations haha. My SA did say that scratches probably wouldn't really show on this type of leather.

Oh if you do put the phone in the gusset you might not be able to carry too many bills with you (it will be pretty plump at that point). Since I never seem to have cash or coins on me that isn't a big problem with me. Hope this helps!

Edit: Here are two comparison pics with and without the iPhone:
2zpnrix.jpg

10ohcic.jpg

You can kind of see the bottom is bulkier on the left?

Thank you Mochacino for your input and pictures! I think I can deal with the Bearn since I don't really carry a lot of cash or cards! Btw, your bearn is really pretty with sheen...:cool:

The h wallets are really not great for holding a phone. If you want to hold a wallet as a purse I find the Kelly or the Constance pretty for that purpose. The phone would stretch out the wallet. At 4k a wallet, why stress it? chanel makes a great travel wallet that I use as a clutch and its half the price. I know, it's not h.