Searching for my 1st Birkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskiamoet

O.G.
Mar 20, 2010
Hello
So I may be close to getting my first and only Birkin. I was showing my husband and telling him how impossible this bag is to get. Then we do a bit of online searching, as well as here. Suddenly I'm seeing several reputable sellers (that I read on here) with tons of Birkins. I went on createursdeluxe.com and they have a ton of Birkins. So, my husband says if these bags are so hard to come by, how are these people getting so many of them? Also, the ladies on here are constantly revealing new Birkins. So then he continues to tell me that there HAVE to be a lot of very good fakes in order for so many people to be selling them online. He means even the so called reputable dealers online. And now he's got me convinced. I was thinking of not waiting and buying it online, but he is completely against it, since he's convinced most are amazing fakes.
Do any of you ladies ever wonder the same? It makes sense to me.

You just have to be careful but the reputable resellers that are recommended in this Forum are trustworthy. Birkins are hard to come by as brand new from the H boutique especially in the colors that you want. They just don't make enough to distribute but many owners consign for different reasons. Even if you go directly to an H store, there may not be a birkin available. Many members here have established relationships with the sales associates and can place an order for a new bag.

saskiamoet, why don't you try your luck and go to the local H boutique, there maybe one of your HG waiting for you, or may be your SA will offer you to put your name down on the waiting list.
We have many ladies and gents that have H luck and found their HG when they go to try and ask for a Birkin :biggrin:

Contrary to popular belief and what's reported almost everywhere, it is not that difficult to get a Birkin. Hermes is just excellent at their marketing.

Trust me, most of the Birkins revealed here are not fakes - there are plenty of people on this forum who can sniff out a fake from a mile away :P

Look through the Newbie Reading Room thread - you might end up getting your first Birkin earlier than you expect! :smile:

Hello
So I may be close to getting my first and only Birkin. I was showing my husband and telling him how impossible this bag is to get. Then we do a bit of online searching, as well as here. Suddenly I'm seeing several reputable sellers (that I read on here) with tons of Birkins. I went on createursdeluxe.com and they have a ton of Birkins. So, my husband says if these bags are so hard to come by, how are these people getting so many of them? Also, the ladies on here are constantly revealing new Birkins. So then he continues to tell me that there HAVE to be a lot of very good fakes in order for so many people to be selling them online. He means even the so called reputable dealers online. And now he's got me convinced. I was thinking of not waiting and buying it online, but he is completely against it, since he's convinced most are amazing fakes.
Do any of you ladies ever wonder the same? It makes sense to me.

She's a reputable reseller. As with many resellers, she has direct access to Birkins and she also has customers who sell her their Birkins for resale.

Many of the ladies here are regular customers of Hermes, so their stores reward them with Birkins. In some countries/stores, Birkins can be on the shelf for takers. Friends of mine have been on their vacations and they scored Birkins as walk-ins. It depends on your luck.

In some countries/states like Tokyo in Japan, Hawaii and the Gold Coast, Birkins are easier to come by. In others, if you're not a regular customer, a Birkin will never be offered.

If you wish to buy online, please visit the reference section for the list of reputable resellers. And if you wish to have a better peace of mind, post the link of the bag that you wish to purchase in the Authenticate thread.

Hope to see your reveal soon!

To Ellayplam

I love the colour of ur BIRKIN on the pic!! what color is it called? and does it come with size 35?:nuts: I am looking for my first Birkin too but there is no H store close by.....sad....

Thanks ladies!
Yes, I will definitely be stalking my nearest Hermes Boutique in the next few months. I guess I'm going to have to start harassing the nice SA's. lol Because even though I have looked at countless photos on here in the last few weeks, I swear to you I still CANNOT tell the difference with some of the fakes and the real deal. My cousin's ex boyfriend gave her what she thought was a real Birkin and it turned out to be fake. But I tell you neither one of us could tell the difference. Even some of her girlfriends that had Birkins didn't know. Needless to say, she's not carrying it anymore.....Anyway,
I want the perfect Birkin that I can use and abuse!! I can't wait!! When I do find the perfect one, I will most definitely do a reveal on here.

Many Thanks!!

To Ellayplam

I love the colour of ur BIRKIN on the pic!! what color is it called? and does it come with size 35?:nuts: I am looking for my first Birkin too but there is no H store close by.....sad....

My bag is size 30 and the color is Ciel, it comes in 35 as well, but this color is from last year :biggrin:
Keep it up for your search, even though there is no H store close by, can try some reputable sellers recommended by our experts ;)

Hi, its not that difficult in europe. I went to a store in germany and pester them everyday for a month... It was only before I came back that they whipped out a bougainvillea B35 birkin and chocolate 28 kelly at the same time! I bought 4 twilly at the same time too. I heard in europe, you just purchase other items for approx usd1000 and they will get u a birkin. In singapore where I am based, its not that easy. We have to establish relationship with a SA and buy colthes, shoes, etc periodically to get a birkin. So far I only got a shoulder birkin and kelly after many years! And price is much more ex than hong kong!
In japan, they will sell you a birkin readily with no extra purcahse but their price is the highest compared to other hermes store. 30 percent diff. Waiting list is non existent. Thus, u see a lot of birkins around. Also, there are a lot of upgrades... So ppl r selling their basic leather.

hi saskiamoet. I'm sure there are reputable sellers out there, but buying on line can't beat the experience of buying from an H boutique: the hunt, having a reason to visit H many times, the anticipation, etc... and the final moment of a reveal. You wait at the back of the store and the SA opens the orange box and takes the birkin out of it's dust bag. Smell that leather. OMG, your heart is racing, you're giddy with excitement, a perfect moment, a high point, unreal, an "am I dreaming?" moment, and the realization that it's finally here... come to Mama. From experience it's the same feeling with the second birkin too, but really, be patient and you will be rewarded. Don't miss out (and there'll never be any suspicion or doubt about authenticity). Good luck!

thank you ladies for the advice, I'm in a similar position to saskiamoet, I don't know where to start with my quest for my first Birkin
I visited my local boutique but the manager is rather cold so my journey to my first HG may be bit thorny :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.