Searching for Buffalo

BlueParrot

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
I love Buffle Gala and BuffaloSkipper and Rodeo but have not seen any handbags in these leathers. Does anyone know whether handbags are available in any of these leathers or whether H would take an order for a handbag in one of these leathers? The Reference section suggests they come in small accessories mostly.

Birkel, my buffalo skipper birkin has an Hermes stamp. Which bags do you mean?

OP, My buffalo skipper birkin is older, my SA said they do not make them anymore, although I'm not sure why. It's a fabulous hardy leather. Practically waterproof and wears like iron. Fjord might be a close comparison even though it's not buffalo. Buffalo takes the color an unusual way, even my solid has a two tone effect similar to the dalmation colorways.

Rodeo is beautiful but I've only seen it on SLG's as Lulilu said.

I have a buffalo birkin (not sure of the proper name for the exact buffalo skin), and as dharma says, it is a really hardy leather that I would also say is a close comparison to Fjord as far as durability. It has a very sweet aroma to the leather. It also has an Hermes stamp.

Attachments

• rougehbirkin2s.jpg
    rougehbirkin2s.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 255
Ranag, we are twins! I almost never see this bag in real life or in pictures. I think only once before. It is my favorite although very heavy. It's nice to know there is a twin in your vast collection :smile:

Attachments

• buffalo.jpg
    buffalo.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 224
Ranag, we are twins! I almost never see this bag in real life or in pictures. I think only once before. It is my favorite although very heavy. It's nice to know there is a twin in your vast collection :smile:

Excellent! I have never seen another one like it until now :smile: I am glad to be your twin with this bag :hugs:

I forgot how heavy it is.

Sydspy and I both have the same Victoria 42 in rouge H buffalo and crinoline combo. There are pictures in the reference thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-leathers/buffalo-rodeo-buffle-variations-pics-only-412142.html

I have also recently came across a Plume in Dalmatian colorway (which I assume is also based on buffalo leather) at a reseller. So in conclusion, quite a lot of bags come in buffalo. It is still listed as an available leather for PO/SO. However, as with all things H, FSH will have the final say whether they will accept your order.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,303
BP, it varies from region to region around the world, and honestly, at the end of the day, it depends on whether you are invited by your store to participate in PO. SOs are traditionally offered to VIP clients.

I think there is a separate thread on the whole issue of PO and SO in the world of Hermes. Unfortunately, I am incredibly inept at doing searches on TPF! Perhaps you can do keyword search on those two terms and see what you come up with!

Happy hunting! :biggrin: