Searching for a good Workhorse bag...

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
I returned my Hayden Harnett Maldives which was going too be my school/ laptop bag... I had too pay bills lol... this economy sucks!

I'm trying too find a tote that will work as a good Workhorse bag. For laptop, papers, books, and other work/school essentials. It HAS too be leather, I want it too be low key so as too not be flashy... and I don't want to pay more than $60ish including shipping...

I have found a few good Carryalls from the early 2000's that I LOVE... does anyone have those, the big leather ones? The ones I am interestedin are like 18" x 10" so they'll fit my 17" laptop, it will be a tight fit... but oh well....

I guess ever since I was at Macys last week and one of the SA's had her workhorse Carryall stuffed with the "Coach look book" and other papers and books and such, I've wanted one... it looked so cute kind of beat up and stuffed with papers!

Ok... I'm done rambling! So tell me about the classic carryalls!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Hey LL. I'd go and put this thru the "authenticate this" thread, I didn't yet!!

It's all leather, looks like decent condition with a little elbow grease. It's the size you want and VERY CLOSE to the price you want!!!

Fbay item# 290340653571 $65.00 BIN $5.50 s/h

***Sorry I don't have any personal suggestions! The only things that come to mind are the BIG HS totes and the older large signature stripe totes, came in black & brown only, but I know you want leather.
The item # above is exactly what you want in size, it's black leather and looks like with a good cleaning/conditioning it could BE your workhorse!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I would look at the drafting totes and transatlantic totes. Either fabric or leather (I prefer leather) but they are alot more than you plan on spending. They are workhorses and should last you years and years.

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
You can also look at the multi-function totes and diaper bags. If you are buying used, make sure you see the photos of the corners of the bags. The older ones do wear around the piping.

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
Thank lovecoachmore... but I need something more structured... I'm afraid my laptop would just flop over in that! ...would be a good projhect too work on though!

CZ... I looooove that messenger... but I definitely want a tote.... (you shouldn't have shown me that I might have to buy it!)

That is what I'm leaning towards... it has the exact color combo as the wristlet SF gave me... and I just think it'd be the perfect classic workhorse tote!

Does anyone have this one?!

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
On the tote above, you want the exact measurements to make sure your laptop will fit. It is not a very heavy, sturdy bag and I would think it ould flop over after time. I believe the base is 16" but you ant to ask. That style came in 2 sizes.