Sea Collection

missyb

O.G.
May 29, 2007
Am thinking of get one of these to bags. Does anyone have one of these bags or any from the collection. I'm wondering how they hold up and if anyone has seen them IRL. Thanks

image-323241708.jpg

image-1020153643.jpg

I have one and love it! I have the large tote in the taupe color. I think that the bag is extremely unique and I love the fact that I can fill it with goodies- I am a big bag person. The material is delicate- I think iridescent calfskin? Chanel describes it as velvet leather. I have not had color transfer issues yet but suspect that transfer could be an issue. I also live in NYC and am fine with just sending my bag to Chanel for a spruce up if transfer occurs. I got the bag in April and don't use it everyday so it is holding up extremely well.

Nope, I never learned how to post pictures (and I am generally bad about it anyway). I purchased mine from Jeffrey in NYC. I wouldn't worry about the cleaning issue. I have a beige GST and had SERIOUS color transfer. Chanel cleaned the bag beautifully. I love this bag. Unique and functional. I own two flaps which I never use because I need big bags. Are you purchasing from the store in Short Hills?

kam565 said:
Nope, I never learned how to post pictures (and I am generally bad about it anyway). I purchased mine from Jeffrey in NYC. I wouldn't worry about the cleaning issue. I have a beige GST and had SERIOUS color transfer. Chanel cleaned the bag beautifully. I love this bag. Unique and functional. I own two flaps which I never use because I need big bags. Are you purchasing from the store in Short Hills?

I actually just bought a beige GST and am thinking of returning it for a grey large sea tote because of dirty issue. Which do u get more use out of?

I ordered the bag in the blush coral color, for 3200 it is NOT worth it at all. The quality is def not there.
I am super picky in my Chanels now. The same bag would of been 2100 2 years ago.

I have owned the GST for five years and just bought the sea hit. I weat the sea hit more now because it is larger but GST is a great bag. Also your bag can always be cleaned so I wouldn't return a bag that you love just because of fears about dirt. Chanel cleaning is sort of expensive so I highly recommend Leather Spa in the city.

I actually just bought a beige GST and am thinking of returning it for a grey large sea tote because of dirty issue. Which do u get more use out of?

Do you mind giving me their number? I'm in the city all the time. Short Hills doesn't have the bag I was going to get it at Saks in the city. Thanks for your help!

The number for Leather Spa? 212-262-4823. Interesting, I thought I saw that bag at Short Hills. Hopefully you have a nice SA at the Saks in NYC- I have had bad experiences there.

I have a small sea hit in black. The leather feels soft almost velvety fabric. It is a nice bag but I am concerned about it keeping its shape in the future. The handles are attached at a small area so I am afraid to put to many heavy things in it. It's a cute bag though! Each Chanel regions- USA, Europe and Asia have a slight variation in colors and dimension. I got mine in USA but will not be able to get this size in Thailand, while there's a beige one in Thailand which is a bigger size!!!