Scuff marks removed!! Truly a magic eraser!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Today I almost fell over when I noticed some white scuff marks at the bottom of my Damier ebene neverfull-- I was so shocked and sad I could barely stand to look at it. Just awful.

Well some quick googling lead me to a video where a guy uses a magic eraser to remove marks from his mono bag. Since I figured I had nothing to lose I gave it a try--- and like MAGIC they are now gone!!!

I was really gentle and did little areas at a time. Kind if scary--- but the white marks are completely gone now!

So happy and grateful. I only wish now I had thought to take before pictures, bc seriously the bag is perfect now!

Thought I would share here in case anyone else is going through the same drama :smile:

Totally relived!

2. OMG! Thank you so much for posting this, mmchav!! I had white scuff marks on the front of my Odeon PM, and thought it was permanently blemished. I just tried this cleaning method, and it worked!! Took about a minute to wipe the scuff mark off. Hooray!!
    Before
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397711365.153650.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397711430.357802.jpg
    After
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397711481.324563.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397711513.007418.jpg

3. Wow, that really works. I have some scuff marks on my DE Speedy B, will have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

4. Rub gently as that magic eraser is surprisingly abrasive and contains bleach! There have been a few posts where people have used it in the canvas and ruined it

5. Yes, I saw a thread in which the pattern of the bag was also rubbed off. It was a bag in the DA print. I am glad it worked, OP.

6. You don't need specifically need a Magic Eraser for such marks. I've removed (probably) hundreds of them over the years from monogram and damier ebene just using a soft, slightly damp cloth.

7. This is what I've used as well for fear of ruining canvas. Just a good rub down does it sometimes.

8. I agree. I actually just did it yesterday....my DE cosmetic pouch had a few white marks. The damp cloth worked great.

9. I know! Surprising such a simple method works. :smile:

10. Glad it worked for you! The magic eraser does however scrub the coating off the canvas, so be super careful!

11. +1 to everyone who said to be super careful! It was seriously a last resort for me- the scratches were so large!

I only had a magic eraser bc it came with my lmb kit... So I suppose they have used them on the bags with some success as well.

:smile:

12. Yay! I am so glad my experience helped you and you were able to document the magic!! :smile:

13. I do want to add that I used Target's version of Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. I'm happy with the result. :smile:

14. Thanks for the tip! I had no idea I could just wipe it off with a damp cloth. Going forward, I'll do this, and use ME as a last resort.

15. I've always used baby wipes on the vachetta and canvas. Even worked on color transfer on my mono Metis. I wore dark blue jeans and I could see it on the back of the bag. All of it came right off! I think the wipes are gentler. I am too afraid to use Magic Eraser.