Scuff marks on miu miu bow that was listed as new. What to do?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi.

I bought this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320479165373&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT) miu miu bow on ebay a week ago, which was listed as new with tags.
    However, when I received it today I noticed that there are some small scuff marks at the bottom of the bag and I don't know if that is something that I should expect and that is unavoidable or if I should contact the seller about it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are your opinions?

Answers are very much appreciated! :smile:

2. Some people may not take issue with the marks because it's true that they are quite small, but in my personal opinion a bag listed as new should arrive in new condition with no flaws. You spent a lot of money on a bag that you expected would be new, and it's understandable that you would be disappointed if the quality differs from the seller's description.

Personally, I don't think these marks were unavoidable, and I would contact the seller about your concerns. A partial refund might be fair, but since these agreements rarely work out, you may have to just make a claim through eBay.

3. I think it's up to you, if you feel the seller did not describe the bag correctly you can contact them and see how they respond. Do you want to return the bag or keep it? If you can't live with the marks you can try a dispute through Ebay/Payal for 'snad' which means significantly not as described. Chances are they will have you return the bag for a full refund including original shipping, though you will be out return shipping. Try contacting the seller first though and then take it from there. Unfortunately it's all too often on Ebay where sellers describe a bag as new when it shows signs of wear, some consider it 'new' because they've worn it 'only a few times'.

On a side note, I love the Miu Miu Bow! Such a beautiful bag and it looks as if you've got a lovely color. :smile:

Linda

4. If there were no pics of the scuff marks in the listing, then I would ask for a partial. The bag may still be new, but have shopwear on it.

5. Agree with BOM & others... and if you cannot reach a resolution w/ the seller and decide to file a dispute w/ Ebay or PP, the process for EBAY UK is explained here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/item-not-received.html

6. To me, the term New With Tags has nothing to do with condition. The seller said absolutely nothing regarding condition but you bid anyway? Maybe the bag was a display that has been sitting on a shelf and handled by customers? I don't know. Did you ask any questions as to it's condition prior to bidding on it?

If you are unhappy with the bag, you should contact the seller and see what she says. She really should have described the condition of the bag and photographed the marks that you have shown us here and since she didn't, you should have asked more questions. See what she says. Good luck!

7. According to Ebay an item in 'new' condition means -

What "new" means

An item is considered "New" when it meets the following guidelines:
    • It's in the original condition from the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer.
      It has not been refurbished or used for any purpose.
    • It has no known defects or damages.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/providing_item_condition.html

The seller should have disclosed the defects/damages.

Linda

8. #8 Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    Yeah. That's what I said. Thanks.

9. Thanks for your replies, girls. I'll contact the seller then and see what she says.

10. Keep us posted. I love a good drama :lol::lol:

11. You're welcome! I hope it works out well for you. I have this bag in black and l love it!!

12. Just pointing out that new does also refer to condition. :graucho:

To the op - you're welcome! :smile:

Linda