Scribble, transfer/zipper

donnalynn-if you look closely you can see where the leather has "yellowed" a bit under the trim..a little splotchy. I can't see it happening on the hobos, since the leather trim is rolled and finished underneath and doesn't have the unfinished "hem" as on the totes.

Thanks! Wow, unless its really more obvious in person, you'd need a magnifying glass to see that (or else I'm just old and losing my eyesight, which is true too)

Havent tried anything. Only really noticed today as I havent used the bag yet. I was just bored and was taking picture of my bags and that is when I noticed it.

Thanks! Wow, unless its really more obvious in person, you'd need a magnifying glass to see that (or else I'm just old and losing my eyesight, which is true too)

HOpe this helps

04022008008sm7.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04022008008sm7.jpg

I have a tote, not sure if it's the same size as yours, but I have not used it yet. It does not have any transfer yet. Is yours a factory rerelease (bought this year) or retail from last year?? I'm just wondering about the quality of the rereleases vs the original retail bags.

It would be retail as I bought it off ebay in Nov.

You know what Fetish? I'm wondering if it actually transferred from another bag laying against it. I had that happen with some older Kate Spade Bermuda bags with varnished wooden handles. I had them stored together and the varnish from one bag's handles rubbed off on the body of another bag...my bad of course, but it happens.

You know what Fetish? I'm wondering if it actually transferred from another bag laying against it. I had that happen with some older Kate Spade Bermuda bags with varnished wooden handles. I had them stored together and the varnish from one bag's handles rubbed off on the body of another bag...my bad of course, but it happens.

I'm in agreement with Citcat here, especially if stored in a humid environment....since the seller probably had it for a while before selling it.

BagFetish - didn't you wash your bag shortly after you got it? Could the leather have bled a little at that time? Have you tried using a Tide pen on it? I just looked at my Scribble tote I purchased May 07 and it isn't bleeding at all (yet).

NO It was there before that, I just looked at the first pic's of the bag.

Fetish-yes, I was thinking it happened before you got the bag..like during shipping from warehouse to store or in the store, or by the seller storing it with other bags with leather.

It's sure worth a try to ask them since it didn't come from you wearing the bag. They may have had other problems with the same style bags from other stores if it happened during shipping, or from SA's laying the bags against each other on tables or something like that.

They might tell you to try a Dove solution, or their fabric cleaner. I just cleaned a spot off my patchwork wallet from last year (since I'm giving it to my niece), and I used the Oxy Spray Away stuff. I used to use the Tide pen on things, but it spotted a few of my things permanently. I like the Oxy better, and it does remove some very tough stains. It's the best thing I have ever tried TBH, and I always carry the little spray bottle with me (since I frequently seem to wear my food instead of eating it). If it's dye on your bag, then it's going to be harder to remove, and simple soap sure won't work. With the Oxy, it might take several attempts to take it out (if it works). It left my patchwork nice and bright afterward, and I haven't seen it lift dyes in colored clothing...but be careful just in case.