Scratches on Periwinkle Audrey

joandlily

Apr 2, 2008
Hi there
I did do a search for threads on this before I posted but couldn't find one.
I just noticed that the shoulder strap on my audrey has scractch in about 3 spots and the color has come off leaving white marks. I don't have any Apple on me right now so I just tried wiping them with a damp cloth to see if they would come off but they are still there. Has anyone else had this problem ??? Thanks in advance :smile:

my audrey has a white spot too, it's on the top under the handle. this was a gift and the tag is still on it so I think that the person that bought it didn't notice it when they purchased it. I don't know where they bought it, it has a yellow sticker on it but it doesn't say on the tag what store it's from. I wonder if I could return it for store credit if I found out where it came from.

my audrey has a white spot too, it's on the top under the handle. this was a gift and the tag is still on it so I think that the person that bought it didn't notice it when they purchased it. I don't know where they bought it, it has a yellow sticker on it but it doesn't say on the tag what store it's from. I wonder if I could return it for store credit if I found out where it came from.

I this that Dillards uses the yellow stickers. I am wondering if I should take mine in for them to look at. I brought mine FP a few days before they showed up at the outlets

My Brooke was taupe, brown, and the color that showed under was off white, tan. It was very noticable, next to the zipper, by the handles, on the places where it would start wearing off from wear. Since brooke makes a great everyday bag, the leather was so soft, and bag was a perfect size, I was very sad to take it back, and miss it greatly, BUT I was afraid it would look old and worm, beat up in a very short time....

It seems like instead of dying they just color the surface of the leather. I think that is why almost every bag can't be cleaned with their products. I have carlies, bleekers, leagacy, ergo, cambridge, zoes and none of them show any wear like that. Yes, occasional little scratch happens, but it doesn't show white under it... I think the thread was called " coach quality issues", if you saw it. I didn't want to post there not to be told " If you don't like it don't buy it", so I will say it here- They don't make the bags now like they used to just few years ago...

I also have a small white spot on my periwinkle Audrey. I actually bought it that way though as a final sale for an extra 10% off. The spot is very small and in an inconspicuous place, so I figured it didn't bother me and saved me an extra $28. I usually don't go for the final sales just in case I ever change my mind and want to return, but I knew this bag was a keeper (LOVE the color) and it was the only one left at my outlet. That's a bummer that it's a problem with these because I just thought it was a one time thing and wouldn't happen anymore anywhere else on the bag. Now after hearing this, I'm sure it'll happen in more places on mine and then I'm screwed and have to keep it anyway cuz it was final sale. :sad: Oh well, learned my lesson I guess.............

I also have a small white spot on my periwinkle Audrey. I actually bought it that way though as a final sale for an extra 10% off. The spot is very small and in an inconspicuous place, so I figured it didn't bother me and saved me an extra $28. I usually don't go for the final sales just in case I ever change my mind and want to return, but I knew this bag was a keeper (LOVE the color) and it was the only one left at my outlet. That's a bummer that it's a problem with these because I just thought it was a one time thing and wouldn't happen anymore anywhere else on the bag. Now after hearing this, I'm sure it'll happen in more places on mine and then I'm screwed and have to keep it anyway cuz it was final sale. :sad: Oh well, learned my lesson I guess.............

Mine was also wearing on the handles also :sad: I brought mine at full price about a week before they went to the outlets. I love mine but not for full price and I hadn't worn it very much. I stopped by my FP store this afternoon to show them and they said they had not seen it on the Audrey before. They said I could either keep it and get 40% or swap it out . I got them to order me the Kristin Satchel in turquoise...its not the same but I am hoping it will be as nice as the Audrey.

I just found out my audrey is from dillards and I don't have any near me. I wonder if I could take it into the fp coach store and show the spot to them and see if they would let me exchange it for something else? I might call them and ask.

I just found out my audrey is from dillards and I don't have any near me. I wonder if I could take it into the fp coach store and show the spot to them and see if they would let me exchange it for something else? I might call them and ask.

I would it wont hurt to ask them...it is a coach bag after all....good luck and let me know how you get on.

well, all I can say is coach stands behind their products. I called coach and told them about my audrey having a white spot on it that looked like the color had rubbed off and I told her where it was purchased and that I still had the tags on it and the sa said to bring it in and they would see what they could do. I took it in a few hours ago and was told that I could exchange it for something else. the audrey had been on sale so I knew I would have to pay the difference and I was okay with that. I picked out a walnut large Maggie (had to be ordered) and I was able to use my pce toward the difference. I ended up paying $21 and change difference. I love the maggie bag and I'm a happy customer. I'm glad I called and would not hesitate to buy coach again.

well, all I can say is coach stands behind their products. I called coach and told them about my audrey having a white spot on it that looked like the color had rubbed off and I told her where it was purchased and that I still had the tags on it and the sa said to bring it in and they would see what they could do. I took it in a few hours ago and was told that I could exchange it for something else. the audrey had been on sale so I knew I would have to pay the difference and I was okay with that. I picked out a walnut large Maggie (had to be ordered) and I was able to use my pce toward the difference. I ended up paying $21 and change difference. I love the maggie bag and I'm a happy customer. I'm glad I called and would not hesitate to buy coach again.

Thats great news...my SA's were just lovely with me I am wait for my Turquoise Kristin Satchal as they had to order it also and I also got the last keyfob with the sunnies, shoes and purse on it. I am hoping the satchel will be what I want as I had to order it sight unseen.