Scratches on Periwinkle Audrey

Oh no, after reading this thread I checked my new plum Audrey and she, too, has a few tiny white spots on the shoulder strap, on the part that's at the bottom when the strap is tucked under but would be at the top of the shoulder if carried using the long strap. I wouldn't have noticed them unless I specifically scouted them out, but now I'm wondering if it's worth taking a chance on this pretty bag. I bought her at Macy's on 30% clearance plus 15% daypass. I could just carry her and take my chances with the warranty if it ever came to that, but that sounds like more hassle to me.

I also checked my cranberry Sabrina and although she came with a small scratch on the front, the scratch doesn't reveal white parts underneath the color. I think it will be less obvious after Appling. There is an extremely small part, again on the shoulder strap, where the color appears to be lighter than elsewhere but it's not an all-out white spot. I'm wondering if the dye "took" differently on the Sabrina? I haven't carried either of these bags yet. I'm keeping the Sabrina, no doubt about that. But the Audrey color issues concern me. :sad: I don't mind a few scuffs as I'd expect this type of leather to scuff a bit (especially the super-soft leather on the Sabrina), but having the color scratch all the way off in spots? :s

Last edited:
That is SO odd. I was just coming on here to ask the SAME thing! I have the black leather Audrey. Ive had it for 3 weeks. I just had a baby, so I havent left the house much. All of the sudden I notice these little scuffs or scratches all along the raised area by the handles. I was so heartbroken. All my friends and family made me feel crazy because they said they were "micro marks" and to just enjoy my bag. Under the marks I can see a white/gray leather.

I love this bag!!! Im so sad over it!!!!

does anyone know when this new dyeing strategy started? my madison wallet in pink (bouight on vday!) seems different then my sabrina in blakc bought in 2008. im worried my wallet will change colour now too. the couple little marks ive gotten on it have been black which surprised me.

Wow this is bigger than I first thought....When I looked my ex-Audrey :cry: it really looked like the dye was not very deep as where the leather had rubbed on the shoulder strap and handles the leather was white..it almost looked like the dye had been painted on. I had the hard choice of either keeping Ms Periwinkle (and boy did I love her) and getting a 40% coupon or swaping her out. As I paid full price her her and had not carried her very much I felt that she was only going to get worse so I handed her over and I am waiting on a Kristin Satchel in turquoise hope she will be as beautiful as Periwinkle. I really do hope that Coach look into the dyeing processes and this is just a one off with this line.