Scratches on my LV Pochette Metis Lock!

I wish I could see other ones to know how baldly knocked p they potentially could get. The last thing I want to do it wait all that time to get it and then it's scratched up easily. Might have to makes some kind of protector for the clasp

As long as the scratches are mine they're fine!!
IMG_1371.jpg

That being said, if my brand new one came with that amount of scratching I would probably do the exchange. Especially since there's a lot of scratching on the top of the lock. There's no way they can order it and let you use yours while you wait for the new one? It's not like they can resell it.

As far as magnets are concerned I had the Hoxton which I absolutely adored and miss, but the magnet placements were problematic and caused cracks on the stress points of the flap. I miss it so much though. :huh:

Good Morning,
One of the reasons that I did not want to use my LV Pochette Metis often was worries about scratches on the face of the lock caused by the small metal/plastic point on the closure of the lock.
I read a few comments that the lock tip was plastic and so would not scratch the face plate of the lock.
Not so. I have many, many small scratches on the face plate of the lock, some almost down to the trademark and Louis Vuitton Paris lettering.
I am upset, not thinking that the plastic tip would scratch, but it does.
I love my LV Pochette Metis and it is one of favorite purses. I find myself using it more and more.
Anyone else notice this problem with the lock?
Warm regards,
California53
Hello, I have been using the bag for 2 months for less than 10 times and face the same problem with you. So disappointed :sad: is it possible to get it repaired ?

This is how it looks like now. Very very sad:sad: I have been using it with much care. I did not expect this to happen:sad:
I understand it would be sad to see scratches on the hardware but unless you hit the clasp perfectly every single time and never move it around to close, the scratches are inevitable. I don't know how LV would prevent scratching on that kind of clasp unless it was just magnetic. I just ordered a bag with a similar clasp and will just have to deal with it I guess. :heart:

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue
I understand it would be sad to see scratches on the hardware but unless you hit the clasp perfectly every single time and never move it around to close, the scratches are inevitable. I don't know how LV would prevent scratching on that kind of clasp unless it was just magnetic. I just ordered a bag with a similar clasp and will just have to deal with it I guess. :heart:
Yeah it's hard to hit the clasp perfectly especially when you try to close it while walking.
It's one of my first LV bag in years so it's just pretty sad to see. I wish I can take it well like you

Yeah it's hard to hit the clasp perfectly especially when you try to close it while walking.
It's one of my first LV bag in years so it's just pretty sad to see. I wish I can take it well like you
haha I may be traumatized when it happens to my bag ;) I'm sure it's one of those "easier said than done" kind of things. :heart:

This is how it looks like now. Very very sad:sad: I have been using it with much care. I did not expect this to happen:sad:
Noooo thats bad.. sheesh I am worried for my bag now. no wonder my SA asked me to retain the plastic cover for as long as i can . So sorry abt tht. Guess all we can do it try n clasp it without moving it around much . Pause and walk mantra :smile: