Scratches on CC logo silver hardware

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello!

I bought this card holder pre loved, it's only 2 months old and the previous owner made quite a significant amount on scratches on the hardware. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to smooth it out or possibly make them less noticeable? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460773899.959038.jpg

2. This happened to me on a new bag - I was wondering if you ever did anything about it or had any luck buffing it out?

3. Hey, this happens to me too and i bought the wallet only 2 months ago.. is this got to do with the quality?

4. #4 May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Very light use of a cape code cloth would lightly buff the scratches off. I would only cut a very tiny piece of the cloth. Like a quarter inch piece or smaller and be extremely careful not to get any of the liquid on the leather of your card holder. Maybe squeeze the piece of cape cod cloth between two paper towels, prior to using, to get out some of the liquid so it's not too wet. I just worry that if you get any of the liquid on the leather, you might damage it, but if your extremely careful, you could get those scratches buffed out of the metal. View attachment 4067377

5. Thanks for the Cape Code tip! Does it matter that the cc metal is not real silver?