Scratched Patent Shoes - How Can I Fix Them?

nooch

Judge Roughneck
Apr 25, 2008
Hello, shoe forum! Not sure if this is the best place for this but since it does involve shoes I figured I'd put it here.

I have a pair of pink patent Doc Marten boots that I love dearly, and last time I put them on I noticed there is a 2 inch long scratch on the toe of the right boot. It's a big scratch, and fairly deep. I cannot begin to imagine how I scratched the boot, but I did. It doesn't look awful to the point of making the boots unwearable but it definitely doesn't look good either and I am really upset that I could be so stupidly careless as to scratch the toe and not even realize it.

Anyway, is it fixable? Should I take it to a leather person? Should I try to somehow fix it myself? Should I admit defeat and buy a new pair of boots? (I really, really don't want to do that as these boots are only a year old.)

Thanks!

nooch

Judge Roughneck
Apr 25, 2008
I just re-inspected the scratch and it's not as bad as I thought - about an inch, but with a few smaller scuffs to the left of the major scratch that I didn't notice initially. So I figured it's already screwed up, maybe a bit of Apple will help. The scuffs Apple'd out almost entirely - I can barely see any white. The scratch is slightly less terrible.

Sorry about this frantic middle of the night post, lols. I just really love my pink patent Docs :biggrin: The good news is that I don't think they're unsalvageable. I guess if it's not possible to get the scratch out entirely, they're Docs. They get beat up, they just got beat up sooner than I would have wanted.