Scratch!!

provocateur123

HoustonGal
Oct 1, 2006
I just wore my new box kelly..When i got back in the car i noticed a HUGE scratch on the back!!!!:cry:
I am heartbroken! Since it is a brand new bag..does anyone have any fixes other than Spa...i know it will have a patina eventually but how can i disguise or fix this now? Anyone have any solutions ....?:crybaby:

Also there are patches of scratches that when I look at them from far away they appear to be white patches!!! And some of the scratches are dark.:confused1:
I was so careful! It's making me want to cancel getting another box kelly!

One of my box bags was badly scratched up. And the scratches were like fine white hairs. I tried using Meltonian cream to polish my bag but I was unsuccessful. Sent it in to my craftsman, and he fixed it for me.

Looked brand new when it came back. :tup:

Last edited:
"The first scratch is the deepest" literally.

My mom screamed when she found out that her box birkin had a scratch, the size of 8cm....me and my bros were all laughing about it till today! It just cracked us up everytime we see her carrying the box Birkin, and one of us would go singing " The first scratch is the deepest...baby i know...."

I know the feeling, when I got my Birkin 30 gold and took her out and got a tiny mark on it the very first day, I was so upset I chose denial and didn't look at it for days.

Oh I feel your pain! I got a scratch on the bottom of my Chevre Kelly and I haven't brought her in yet. Craftsman on summer hols. I don't see it but knowing it's there is a bummer.

I definitely feel your pain, I have a huge rub/scratch on my birkin and haven't taken it in since the craftsmen have been on holidays. It drives me crazy when I think about it, but as the SA told me after he saw it (and he had no malice in his tone) "now that you have a scratch, you'll naturally be more aware of dangerous situations more" He was right!
Luckily, you have a leather that can be polished back to like new by a craftsman. :yes:

Knowing it's there does drive me crazy! Even though it doesn't show (in the back) everytime I look at it I feel like crying..I know this sounds stupid but it's like a huge weight on my shoulders! I'll have to try the Meltonian ...

Oh I totally hear you! My first Kelly is an orange box and trust me, I babied her even more so than my own ds!!! So for the longest time I didnt have fun using her at all! Until one day, I decided to stop being so crazy LOL. (and trust me I was crazy about it too). I think box is such a lovely leather, the fact that is easier to scratch than your Togo and Clemence just made it even more precious. I honestly can say I appreciate box more so than any other leather! Especially after spa she will come back spanking new and knowing that gives me a peace of mind when I use her. ;)

Enjoy and have fun with her! Don't worry about the rest. She will look perfect again if you want her to! But scratches help add character to your bag as well. :tup:

I use a bit of the meltonian neutral. I have used Saphir Renovateur neutral and I love it, (Fr. product) but since I found out the craftspeople in the US use meltonian I stick to the product they use. I would not use anything with a color in it.

Maybe since the scratch is already there (meaning you will eventually send her to spa) you could just totally have fun with her for now, and after a month or two you could send it :rolleyes: