Scratch/stain on my 'brand new' MJ Single...return, or partial refund?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #16 Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    Just an update on this situation...

I was indeed going to send it back for a return, and am absolutely livid that the seller refuses to refund my original shipping, as well as the cost of return shipping. I would have to send the bag back via a trackable shipping method, and this is very expensive in Canada and will probably run me back about $20.

I would understand if shipping was non-refundable given that I purchased the bag and had buyer's remorse and then decided to return it, but considering that I purchased the bag thinking it was brand new/flawless and the actual item was not (and that I wouldn't give purchased it in the first place had I known this)...not only should the seller reimburse me BOTH the actual and return shipping, but she also wasted my time - and should compensate me for that as well.

All I asked for was a full refund (as in cost of bag, original shipping, and return shipping), but she only agreed to a refund of the cost of the bag even though this was HER mistake.

I know this seller has a good rep on Ebay, and I'm sure most transactions do not end up the same way as mine...but buyer, beware :sad:

2. ^^I think that is indeed quite unfair! But at least you will get a full refund on the bag!!

3. Yeah return that for a full refund!

Edit - saw your update. Sorry she is giving you a hard time with the shipping and stuff. Did you file a SNAD claim or anything?

4. That's one of the "hidden" cost of buying (cheaper stuff) on eBay--the buyer pays for return shipping. Those are the rules. However...as far as I know, eBay sometimes provides shipping labels when the buyer wins a SNAD. Not sure how this works...

5. If you open a dispute on paypal and win paypal will refund you the entire amount you paid for the purse that includes shipping. I would neg her for not paying for return postage. I sell on ebay sometimes and will definitely cover return postage for a buyer if the mistake is made by me. I have done that a few times. Good luck with your return.