scratch on leather

Lin709

Apr 7, 2010
I just bought my FIRST b-bag from Barneys (they shipped it to me). When I opened up the box, there was a scratch on the top left corner of the leather... do you think I should send it back/exchange it? Or keep it? I'm attaching a pic.... it's a 2010 F/W City in Anthracite... I've been waiting for this color to come back, and I'm not sure if they will have more of them...

Attachments

• photo1a.jpg
    photo1a.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 171
Hi, congrats on your first Bal! Anthra is gorgeous and the City style is a classic! :tup: I think a little moisturizer can help minimize the appearance of that scratch, but if it really bothers you, I'd send it back. Bbag leather is pretty sensitive though so it's bound to get scratched sooner or later. The Care & Maintenance section has more info :smile:

Beautiful bag. There's no guarantee that you would get another without a scratch, so, unless it really bothers you, you should keep it. It will look better with some moisturizer and time and wear. Bals are supposed to look distressed, and once you wear it for a while, I doubt you will even notice it that much.

I really like the color and texture of your bag. I think you should try some conditioner on that scratch. If it doesn't help, you can still send it back, but unless you can pick out a bag in person, I wouldn't. In three weeks you won't notice that mark, but if you get a bag with less color or character, you'll be missing this one. JMHO. :idea:

Edit:
Ooops...we were typing at the same time.. What cbarrus said! ^^