Scratch on glass face of Rolex!!

Kathd

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
I’m sooooo sad!! I recently bought a Rolex datejust and today I noticed I have a scratch on the glass face of my watch!!!! :cry:

I just got of the phone with my AD and apparently it would cost me 400 to 500 EUR to have it replaced and I would have to miss it for 8 weeks!!!

Probably I’ve hit the face with my engagement ring, which I wear on my other hand, cause diamonds are about the only things that are able to scratch the sapphire.

I’m so mad at myself! :crybaby:

Oh dear, how bad is the scratch? Is it noticable or you need to scrutinise it to see the scratch. If you intend to change it, I would rather wear it out with more scratches then change it.

You really need broad daylight and a close look in order to see it, so I don't think I'm willing to pay so much money to replace it, only two months after I got it...
It's the size of a hair and about 1 cm long. It's on top of the number XI and the Rolex crown.

I really thought the glass face would remain scratch free! DH had his for a couple of years now and he has no scratches at all... :shucks:

You really need broad daylight and a close look in order to see it, so I don't think I'm willing to pay so much money to replace it, only two months after I got it...
It's the size of a hair and about 1 cm long. It's on top of the number XI and the Rolex crown.

I really thought the glass face would remain scratch free! DH had his for a couple of years now and he has no scratches at all... :shucks:

It seems like a very fine scratch...just don't worry too much about it and enjoy the watch. It's beautiful! :love:

So sorry op to hear that... I too have scratches on my rolex & J12, from my diamond ring. I've decided to live with it, as am not sure it won't happen again as I wear my watch & ring together all the time.

Hubby says I should wear my e-ring on my right hand from now on (same side as my watch cause I'm a lefty) in order to avoid scratches... Feels weird though

It's just normal wear and tear. I've had my Rolex for several years and it has many tiny nicks and faint scratches on the crystal. There really is no way to avoid it. I expect a certain amount of wear, so I don't fret over the small stuff.

It's just normal wear and tear. I've had my Rolex for several years and it has many tiny nicks and faint scratches on the crystal. There really is no way to avoid it. I expect a certain amount of wear, so I don't fret over the small stuff.

Thanks, I feel better now. My AD, which I called earlier today, was like: "Oh my God, what did you do to it?? I've had mine for 10 years and it still looks brand new. Seriously, what did you do?? It's almost not possible to scratch the crystal sapphire!" So I felt really bad because it was "so unusual" to have a scratch!

I also had a huge scratch on my rolex daytona after a few wears only but I waited until it was about a year or so old and decided to change it, but I really think it was much cheaper to replace than that....I am also a lefty so I think it must have been my engagement ring too :sad:
On the plus side I have another 2 watches that I wear all the time not and not a scratch on them! Just one of those things I think.