Scrapbooking!

m1nime

My beautiful babies!
Nov 12, 2006
Hey,

I have noticed this is a hobby of alot of women, particularly from the USA. It is not a common thing here in Australia.

So I was just wondering what sort of things you put in your scrapbook, and how? And do any of you have photos of your pages that you care to share?

Its sounds like fun and I like being creative - so how and where should I start?!! :P

(sorry if there is a thread - search still down)

I just got into this after christmas, my mil bought me a book and i've since started making one for my son and one for my daughter. For mother's day she gave me another book, that has before and after pic's of the renovations we are doing in our house. Its rather cute.

WEll i kinda scrapbook its more altered art i dont use pic of myself or family just pic of a theme i guess like this
1_37.jpg
you take everyday objects and you make it New with pics and small ojects its really Fun - i made a jounral i had some Stationery paper and made a journal i made everything binding it was fun too i made my own cover and made a fairy garden theme you can do anything - like am going away this weekend to a colonial town so i plan on getting maps tickets and stuff and making my own Memory Book you can do so much - and if you lots of pics of your family then you can start there as well
its a lot of fun if you have any (?) let me know

ksammon - thanks for the pic, that is awesome!

So Bag FEtish - the ones you make for your son & daughter - are they photographs and stuff?

Hey,

I have noticed this is a hobby of alot of women, particularly from the USA. It is not a common thing here in Australia.

So I was just wondering what sort of things you put in your scrapbook, and how? And do any of you have photos of your pages that you care to share?

Its sounds like fun and I like being creative - so how and where should I start?!! :P

(sorry if there is a thread - search still down)

I love scrapbooking!

I start with a theme: senior year of high school, wedding, a trip...whatever.
Next I collect everything I have that goes with the theme: Pictures are the most important!, but I also collect ticket stubs (from plays, movies, concerts, trains, museums), invitations (to parties, events), bags or wrappings (from stores where I purchased souvenirs, local candies, etc).
Anyway, you get the idea, just be a pack rat if there's something you're going to want to scrapbook.

Then when I go to put it all together, I pick out a book from a craft store and get a lot of scrapbook paper in different patterns and colors. I plan out a way to organize it first (usu. chronologically, or by class in the case of high school) then I take it one page at a time!

There are lots of great idea books and websites out there, have fun!

I've been scrapbooking for about 4-5 years and I love it! I usually decide on a theme (right now I'm finishing one of my dogs and I'm starting one for my bf for 2008). I have a Cricut and a Cuttlebug so I use those alot. I also make cards with them. It's time consuming, but alot of fun!

I've been scrapbooking for about 4-5 years and I love it! I usually decide on a theme (right now I'm finishing one of my dogs and I'm starting one for my bf for 2008). I have a Cricut and a Cuttlebug so I use those alot. I also make cards with them. It's time consuming, but alot of fun!

i was looking in2 getting a cricut what do you think of it ? .. the price $$ kinda turned me away and i heard when you buy it there alot more things you need and you need 2 replace the sticky mat often