Scouting expedition

gatorgirl07

Dec 2, 2012
Ladies I went to my local Belk and found two of the new retro satchels

image-2686638059.jpg

The red satchel. Feels really good in your arms

image-3292000050.jpg

The pink (not hot pink) is gorgeous IRL! I love pink!!

Thanks for the great pictures, gg07!

I went to my Macy's hoping to see something in this leather but no luck. What do you think of the leather? I read somewhere that someone thought the leather felt like it was coated with plastic. I would love to have this bag in desert or pink or.....fill in any color.

Sue

Thanks for the great pictures, gg07!

I went to my Macy's hoping to see something in this leather but no luck. What do you think of the leather? I read somewhere that someone thought the leather felt like it was coated with plastic. I would love to have this bag in desert or pink or.....fill in any color.

Sue

Sue,

Did you see the exclusive totes that Macy's had, around Dec? The ones in solid colors with tan trim? They also had some crossbody letter carriers, card cases and wallets. Well, last week when I was at the store, they had one of those totes left and it was next to one of these emobossed ones and the leather is the same leather, they just embosed the leather. you can see it when you look at the luggage tag on the embossed russel, since the luggage tag is not embossed. I could touch the leather on the luggage tag since it's not linned and it feels soft. I guess it doesn't feel as soft on the bags because of the extra structure you get because of the linning. I guess it just feels a little different than other leathers, but for sure it doesn't feel as the Davis tote, which feels plastic coated.

Sue,

Did you see the exclusive totes that Macy's had, around Dec? The ones in solid colors with tan trim? They also had some crossbody letter carriers, card cases and wallets. Well, last week when I was at the store, they had one of those totes left and it was next to one of these emobossed ones and the leather is the same leather, they just embosed the leather. you can see it when you look at the luggage tag on the embossed russel, since the luggage tag is not embossed. I could touch the leather on the luggage tag since it's not linned and it feels soft. I guess it doesn't feel as soft on the bags because of the extra structure you get because of the linning. I guess it just feels a little different than other leathers, but for sure it doesn't feel as the Davis tote, which feels plastic coated.

Thanks, GF!

I was just looking at the bone tote in this leather today. I have the wallet from this line in bone and red! Both are very nice wallets. I have used the red one several times including today with my red nylon Satchel (for Macy's red sale). I guess I'll like the Retro line then.....that's great news for everything but my checking account! :lol:

Sue

Hey GG!

Thanks for the pics! I've been looking at this bag on Dooney.com. I want to see it IRL to get an idea of the size. It is about the size of the Dillen II pocket satchel? The measurements are similar, but in your pics it looks larger.

Hey GG!

Thanks for the pics! I've been looking at this bag on Dooney.com. I want to see it IRL to get an idea of the size. It is about the size of the Dillen II pocket satchel? The measurements are similar, but in your pics it looks larger.

It does appear to be taller than the regular satchel from the pics. Which reminds me...isn't the February TSV a little taller than the regular satchel?