Scotchgard to protect tokidoki bag?

Maybe I'll use the kiwi stuff next time. I noticed today that the scothcgurad left the black on my bag looking a little ddull. SO if anyone uses scotchguard dont over do it on the adios star.

i know... i'm gonna wait to see what everyone else says... you can't use scotch guard on leather so i'm guessing the kiwi protect all that can be used on leather is better...? but i want to hear what everyone who's sprayed their bags have to say!

and yay!! the bf just came home with a tide pen!!
:yahoo:

Maya - Congrats on the tide pen!! I too picked one up today along w/ a can of scotchguard at Target. I didn't spray my purse yet b/c i have the task of cleaning my adios star purse first...I'm so :confused1: ...I don't know what to do.

The back of the purse where it rubs on your body seems to get filthy and I really don't even know what I own that would be rubbing off on it but it's like a dingy black color in one spot. My pirata is like this too but it doesn't show up as much b/c of the colors on the pirata.

Lattegrl, do you think I shouldn't spray the scotchguard? I just told my bf about it making the bag dull and he said, "Yeah, I wouldn't spray that on there!!!!" :confused1: P.s. He bought the scotchguard for me. What should I do??
I also have the canguro & stellina adios star that aren't used ... do I spray or not spray??? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

Maya - Congrats on the tide pen!! I too picked one up today along w/ a can of scotchguard at Target. I didn't spray my purse yet b/c i have the task of cleaning my adios star purse first...I'm so :confused1: ...I don't know what to do.

The back of the purse where it rubs on your body seems to get filthy and I really don't even know what I own that would be rubbing off on it but it's like a dingy black color in one spot. My pirata is like this too but it doesn't show up as much b/c of the colors on the pirata.

Lattegrl, do you think I shouldn't spray the scotchguard? I just told my bf about it making the bag dull and he said, "Yeah, I wouldn't spray that on there!!!!" :confused1: P.s. He bought the scotchguard for me. What should I do??
I also have the canguro & stellina adios star that aren't used ... do I spray or not spray??? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
The directions said that two lighter coats is better than one heavy coat so I did 2 lighter coats but who knows if they were really light coats. I also sprayed my ciao ciao foresta and its fine so I just think that the adios star is a little more difficult. If you overspray it then you dull out the black so just do one coat and keep a paper towel handy so that if it starts to drip down you can dab the extra scotchguard off. Have you tried your tide pen? The only thing it wouldnt get off was when my dark jeans rubbed off on my paradiso bambione. I think dye and ink are permanent :sad:

The directions said that two lighter coats is better than one heavy coat so I did 2 lighter coats but who knows if they were really light coats. I also sprayed my ciao ciao foresta and its fine so I just think that the adios star is a little more difficult. If you overspray it then you dull out the black so just do one coat and keep a paper towel handy so that if it starts to drip down you can dab the extra scotchguard off. Have you tried your tide pen? The only thing it wouldnt get off was when my dark jeans rubbed off on my paradiso bambione. I think dye and ink are permanent :sad:

the tide pen won't work with ink, blood, or grease. i read the package.

I have a question about the tide pen. Does it contain any bleach in it? That is the only thing that worries me.

i'm not sure. it doesn't say it DOES contain bleach... it says it doesn't contain phosphates. i'm not a chemisty major, but does anyone know if maybe bleach is a phosphate? also, it says, "safe on most colorfast, machine washable and dry cleanable fabrics. some fabrics may be susceptible to color change. test on a hidden area prior to use."

I think my bags have some kind of black dye on them from one of my shirts or jeans...I can't tell which so I'm sure it's staying on my bags. I was thinking that this hadn't happened to any of my other bags but then none of my other bags are as long as the zucca....the gioco and the bella bella pretty much hang on your upper body. Oh well, I'm so confused about what to do w/this scotchguard stuff. I'm worried that this chemical is gonna rub on my skin and I'm sure it's not good for you...:s I don't dig any kind of chemicals. I am :nuts: !!

For the price of these bags, you would think that LeSportsac would have already provided "treated" fabric!!! I just sprayed my new wallet too. I just got it today, and of course, this morning there was a PERFECT PLACMENT wallet on ebay in the same print!!!! It may ended up costing $20 more but I would have rather had that one!!!!! I I wasn't thrilled with what was picked out for me.