Scotchgard to protect tokidoki bag?

LOL!! Can you come over here and spray all my stuff? :graucho:
If you go do all tokiliciousjen's stuff you have to do mine too. Otherwise I'll be :crybaby:
So I don't know why I couldn't find Scotchguard anywhere (I've sort of started to doubt that it actually exists) but I finally found the kiwi protect all stuff in the shoe department at Target. If it doesn't work than you have to come down here and Scotchguard me frogbubbles!:yahoo:

The tide pen works so good at getting spots of your bag and it will conveniently fit in your bag. I went to starbucks today and when I pulled out my adios star wallet it had a huge stain on it and I freaked out but my nifty tide pen got it clean and white again. I love that pen and I think any tokidoki owner should seriously have one.

The tide pen works so good at getting spots of your bag and it will conveniently fit in your bag. I went to starbucks today and when I pulled out my adios star wallet it had a huge stain on it and I freaked out but my nifty tide pen got it clean and white again. I love that pen and I think any tokidoki owner should seriously have one.

Oooh, great idea!! Especially since I haven't been able to find Scotch Guard!!

Ok, so I just "kiwi protectalled" my adios ciao. I took off all the hardware I could and used blue painters tape on the rest. It took me awhile to cover all the harware, the ciao has alot of things to cover with the rings and stuff that are on it.:sweatdrop: Hopefully it will stay clean.

I'm getting one next time I go to Target. I think I actually have a peppermint mocha stain on my pirata bag!! :graucho: Thanks for the info!

Robotkitten _ I can just see you taping up your bag like a pro-painter and spraying away...:graucho: Let me know how it works, I've yet to get my hands on the scotchguard. :hysteric:

Ok, so I just "kiwi protectalled" my adios ciao. I took off all the hardware I could and used blue painters tape on the rest. It took me awhile to cover all the harware, the ciao has alot of things to cover with the rings and stuff that are on it.:sweatdrop: Hopefully it will stay clean.
Wow, you're so much more perfectionist than me. I just sprayed and said "eh, I don't think I really hit the leather, I'm sure it's fine".

Too bad there's nothing that will protect EVERYTHING. Now that would be fab.

so i went to my parents house today and they had scotch guard so i borrowed it... along with two cartons of tropicana grovestand. *lol* (side story: tropicana grovestand is like $6-9 off base, depending on if it's on sale. on the military bases, it's $2-3, depending on the orange situation out on the con u.s. so my parents always have cartons of oj ready for me on the weekend to pick up. hehehe. my bf calls it "the land of refills.")

aaaaanyway, i went to wal-mart but they were out of the tide pen so i'll have to go when i'm in georgia maybe. one thing i'm scared of with the scotch guard is the long-term effect on the bag...? i remember scotch guarding my backpacks when i was younger, but backpacks get banged up anyway. i wonder if using scotch guard over and over every three (or whatever directed) months will leave a residue or... something? to any of the ones who scotch guarded their bags, how long ago did you do it? anyone know of the long-term effect on their bag?

Robotkitten _ I can just see you taping up your bag like a pro-painter and spraying away...:graucho: Let me know how it works, I've yet to get my hands on the scotchguard. :hysteric:
It was pretty funny. I wish I would have taken pictures for you guys. My poor little Ciao looked like it was going in for major surgery!
I'm sort of worried that long term it might discolor or something but I would rather have an adios star bag that slightly less than white all over than one with a big yucky stain on it. I'll let you know if I notice any change but right now it looks good. :smile: The spray is kind of strong smelling I did it outside and then brought it back in but I still noticed the smell in the house. The smell seems to have pretty much gone away though :shrugs:

Wow, you're so much more perfectionist than me. I just sprayed and said "eh, I don't think I really hit the leather, I'm sure it's fine".

Too bad there's nothing that will protect EVERYTHING. Now that would be fab.

Well, that's why the KIWI stuff is called "protect all". It is designed to use on leather, suede and fabrics. I didn't cover my leather or rings. I sprayed the whole thing. Didn't do a thing to it. I have a paradiso so there is a lot of white and light blue on this bag too.

Well, that's why the KIWI stuff is called "protect all". It is designed to use on leather, suede and fabrics. I didn't cover my leather or rings. I sprayed the whole thing. Didn't do a thing to it. I have a paradiso so there is a lot of white and light blue on this bag too.
Um... yeah now I do feel kind of stupid for covering the leather. I even read it and it said for leather but for some reason I still decided to cover it. :shrugs:
I probably would would have covered the metal rings and zippers anyway but I guess if I do it again I'll just do the leather too :shame:

Annie, Does the kiwi make the bag stink at all? I'm assuming it doesn't but I just want to make sure. I know I have a paradiso. I got it dirty because it brushed up against my dirty salty car. Luckily it cleaned off easily, like new.

I will have to keep that brand in mind for my leather bags.

Be forewarned....it will stink for a day or so! So, I wouldn't put anything in it until most of the stink is gone! But girls, I swear...I've used this stuff and stuck my whole suede shoe in a water puddle and the water rolled right off and the shoe didn't even look wet!

Robotkitten...Just don't go to all that trouble with the rest of your collection! You don't need to! It wouldn't hurt to wipe the metal rings off after you sprayed but I don't think you'll need to tape anything off again.

The can does say to do a couple of applications. I haven't done my second one yet....its a nice day today maybe I'll go do that now!

Oh, really? Ooops. I should have looked for that stuff instead then. Oh well!