Food Scotch?

i'm not really a scotch drinker, but when i do, johnny walker black is my favorite. mid priced, but still has good character. single malts are a bit much for me, but most people who are scotch drinkers enjoy the nuances of those.

maybe a book so he can learn for himself? Amazon.com: The Instant Expert's Guide to Single Malt Scotch: Books: Kevin Erskine
or asmall airplane bottles of a few brands so he can taste the differences? a blend, a double malt, a single malt. the person at the liquor store or a bartender friend will be able to help you best.

I went to a johnny walker tasting thing and I did like the black, but not more than the green..yum. I think gliffinditch (sp?) arberlour (sp?) and glenlivet (oh wow I am not sure how to spell any of these names) are single malts I've tried and liked. Yummy aftertaste...I don't drink scotch though, just when offered.

Macallan Single Malt Scotch is the best!! I have an 18 year old bottle (distilled in 1977) and it is great. I hate to admit that I am a scotch drinker but i just love it.