Scotch Guard??

marroncream

May 1, 2007
Has anyone ever scotch guard your gucci canvas purse? Is it safe?
I wanted to spray it to prevent stains and debris from everyday use. I was wondering if it changes colors or makes the fabric feel stiff or different.
Thanks!

I've been using a Rain and Stain protectant on my canvas tote and I haven't had any problems so far. The fabric gets darker when it's wet after application but when it dries the color goes back to normal.

I used Scotch Guard at the advise of an SA and I thought I had thoroughly covered the leather corners, however I now have white stains or white dots on the leather and nothing will fix it. So be careful!

My SA told me to scotch guard the bottom of my bag only. I do recall reading and I don't remember if it was on the card that came with it that said not to spray the bag.
I never did do it.

what do you gals do, for (dark) denim color transfers to the fabric of your gucci bags??
i just got a new bag and noticed a blue tinge on the pleats!!!!!!!

please help. do you think those 'cheers color guard' pocket wipes will take it off?

:faint::faint:

As I posted earlier, I did use the protectant on my bag but I have noticed some denim color transfer on the bottom/side of my bag. I will try the baby wipes, hopefully that will help.

ladies! i actually didnt get around to trying the babywipes... but SHOUT brand wipe towelette packets seem like it did the job~ i just blotted the (dis)colored area. then i used a dab of water and soaked up the excess wetness from the fabric with a clean dry towel. its nice bc the SHOUT wipes do not have a fragrance that lingers.

ladies! i actually didnt get around to trying the babywipes... but SHOUT brand wipe towelette packets seem like it did the job~ i just blotted the (dis)colored area. then i used a dab of water and soaked up the excess wetness from the fabric with a clean dry towel. its nice bc the SHOUT wipes do not have a fragrance that lingers.

This is great news indeed! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to remove the denim transfer from your bag, thank goodness. This is why I only wear light denim when carrying my nicer hand bags. Even then, I only wear light jeans that I've run through the wash cycle at least +10 times, just to be on the safe side.