Scotch Guard??

marroncream

May 1, 2007
Has anyone ever scotch guard your gucci canvas purse? Is it safe?
I wanted to spray it to prevent stains and debris from everyday use. I was wondering if it changes colors or makes the fabric feel stiff or different.
Thanks!

nova_girl

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
Northern Virginia
I've been using a Rain and Stain protectant on my canvas tote and I haven't had any problems so far. The fabric gets darker when it's wet after application but when it dries the color goes back to normal.

SassySarah

CL & LV obsessed!
O.G.
Oct 4, 2008
in the middle of a corn field
I used Scotch Guard at the advise of an SA and I thought I had thoroughly covered the leather corners, however I now have white stains or white dots on the leather and nothing will fix it. So be careful!

Northergirl

Jun 6, 2009
Canada
My SA told me to scotch guard the bottom of my bag only. I do recall reading and I don't remember if it was on the card that came with it that said not to spray the bag.
I never did do it.

marroncream

May 1, 2007
thanks for the response guys, I just sprayed it at first and is now letting it dry. I didn't oversaturate just a few layers of light spray. It looks like it will turn out fine.

michynyc

bag & shoe addict!
O.G.
Feb 22, 2010
NYC
marroncream, how did it go now that it's been a few days? my SA told me to spray it too but i've been nervous about doing it!

carolc82

Aug 1, 2009
what do you gals do, for (dark) denim color transfers to the fabric of your gucci bags??
i just got a new bag and noticed a blue tinge on the pleats!!!!!!!

please help. do you think those 'cheers color guard' pocket wipes will take it off?

:faint::faint:

flipchickmc

Never Gucci-fied!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Seattle, WA
what do you gals do, for (dark) denim color transfers to the fabric of your gucci bags??
i just got a new bag and noticed a blue tinge on the pleats!!!!!!!

please help. do you think those 'cheers color guard' pocket wipes will take it off?

:faint::faint:
Try baby wipes first and see if that will help.

nova_girl

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
Northern Virginia
As I posted earlier, I did use the protectant on my bag but I have noticed some denim color transfer on the bottom/side of my bag. I will try the baby wipes, hopefully that will help.

carolc82

Aug 1, 2009
ladies! i actually didnt get around to trying the babywipes... but SHOUT brand wipe towelette packets seem like it did the job~ i just blotted the (dis)colored area. then i used a dab of water and soaked up the excess wetness from the fabric with a clean dry towel. its nice bc the SHOUT wipes do not have a fragrance that lingers.

Expy00

Jun 6, 2007
ladies! i actually didnt get around to trying the babywipes... but SHOUT brand wipe towelette packets seem like it did the job~ i just blotted the (dis)colored area. then i used a dab of water and soaked up the excess wetness from the fabric with a clean dry towel. its nice bc the SHOUT wipes do not have a fragrance that lingers.

This is great news indeed! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to remove the denim transfer from your bag, thank goodness. This is why I only wear light denim when carrying my nicer hand bags. Even then, I only wear light jeans that I've run through the wash cycle at least +10 times, just to be on the safe side.