SCOs?

missnicoleeee

Oct 14, 2011
hi! so i was watching this bag on ebay and at the last minute, I bid on it. I then got oubid so I bid again and I got outbid again and lost the auction. The seller just contacted me saying that the winner of the auction I had bid on backed out and was wondering if I was still interested in the bag (of course I am!!). So my question is, when she offers me the second chance offer, am I going to be paying the $$ amount of my very first bid since the winner had backed out, or am I going to be paying the amount from the second bid I placed?

I think it's understood that you will pay the higher amount you bid.
But here's the thing, I also think you can maybe try for a lower price. Message them to see if they will take a lower offer. If they accept, ask them to send you an invoice so you're protected.
Good luck!

Unfortunately, with SCO's it is really hard to know what to do. With the anonymous bidders, shilling is a real possibility. I hate to think like that, because I am sure there are legit sellers using them too, but....

Unfortunately, with SCO's it is really hard to know what to do. With the anonymous bidders, shilling is a real possibility. I hate to think like that, because I am sure there are legit sellers using them too, but....

I would worry that you were shilled.

yeah I was thinking that too.. this is the other persons bidding history... does it seem fishy to you all?

Bidder: p***p( 92)
Item description: BALENCIAGA 2010 WORK RH HANDBAG IN THE RARE COLOR OUTREMER ~ STUNNING~
Bids on this item: 2

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 6
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 33%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

I think it's understood that you will pay the higher amount you bid.
But here's the thing, I also think you can maybe try for a lower price. Message them to see if they will take a lower offer. If they accept, ask them to send you an invoice so you're protected.
Good luck!

good idea! i'll def ask them if i can just pay the first bid I had bid since the seller had backed out.. :smile:

The bidding history does not look fishy to me. NPBs are pretty common ebay so it could be a legitimate SCO. I do think it is worth negotiating it back to your original bid. The seller may or may be willing to knock it down a bit. Good luck.

So the seller emailed me back and said that we could do the opening bid plus the shipping($25) but through PayPal invoice.... I've never encountered this type of offer before... Is it safe to do? If not, then how should I tell her to go through eBay?

She is proceeding this way perhaps because she doesn't want to pay the final fees..

I am not sure that this would work for me.. she is asking you to complete the

transaction off ebay...if you do decide to do this as it is very tempting

and you want the bag would certainly pay with a credit card if you can..

I've never done it but I've read many people do. And you should be covered by PayPal buyer protection.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?.../UserAgreement_full#13. Protection for Buyers.

Before proceeding the transaction, I would make sure the item's condition and authenticity to reduce a chance of SNAD.
Also the invoice has to be marked as goods (not service) and include clear description of item such as the name of the bag, color etc.

And yes, always pay with credit card as hotshot said.

does paypal cover SNADs? I had the bag authenticated in the bal forum... i believe it was redskater that gave the OK for it. should i also have it authenticated elsewhere just to be safe?

also, i don't have a credit card. i use my debit card or cash for purchases because none of my usual purchases are high valued items like this...