scored MJ Mix Quilted Tote in Bloomingdales presale!

cosmopolitan, your bags are gorgeous! i really love the mix quilted line. i haven't been this crazy about a mj collection since the striping line of last fall. the mix quilted tote is the best purchase i've made this year and it sounds like you're loving it just as much. the teal mayfair is beautiful too. most stock photos of the teal did not do the color any justice. it looks perfect. congrats!

Wow! Congratulations Cosmo! So funny...I have been going through the same thing you have with MJ. It has been a while since I have purchased a MJ. I really love the ones I have and I am kind of tired of paying ridiculous prices for the other designer bags I have been purchasing lately. The Marc Jacobs bags seem sooo reasonable. I have been considering a black Alyona , but after seeing the pictures of your mixed quilted bag I think have changed my mind! Thanks for all the pics. I agree, your new bag looks more classic than the Alyona. Love your new teal bag too. Imagine that, another beautiful green bag for Cosmopolitan :graucho:

I just purchased the ivory patchwork Carolyn, a sand Hobo, and a black patchwork Venetia. I am definitely ready to add a quilted bag and I absolutely love your new mixed quilted MJ. Congratulations again. Great choices!

Hey Samantha, nice to hear from you, and thanks for sharing in my excitement. :tup: I didn't realize that you like MJ too. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your new haul!

I think either the Alyona or Mix Quilted Tote would be a great choice; they are very similar designs. Originally, I had thought that I wanted a Teal Alyona, but I ended up going this route instead--mainly because I have several allover-quilted black Chanel bags, and I figured that a black Alyona would be too similar to those.

(And yes, you know me, I'm a sucker for a nice green bag. Someday I WILL have a green Birkin!)

Congratulations! Both of those bags are gorgeous. The mixed quilted line looks amazing up close. I'll be running up to Bloomingdales at lunch today to see what they have left. Barneys has the Mayfair on sale now, too! Cosmo - You should get some type of commission from MJ. Your pictures really make those bags pop! :tup:

Hey neighbor, thanks a lot! Bloomingdales at Chevy Chase had one black Mix Quilted Tote left when I was there yesterday afternoon! Lots of navy Seventies Satchels on sale too. :graucho:

cosmopolitan, your bags are gorgeous! i really love the mix quilted line. i haven't been this crazy about a mj collection since the striping line of last fall. the mix quilted tote is the best purchase i've made this year and it sounds like you're loving it just as much. the teal mayfair is beautiful too. most stock photos of the teal did not do the color any justice. it looks perfect. congrats!

Thanks tadpole! :ty:

I was totally unfamiliar with the Mix Quilted Tote until I saw your posts about it a couple of months ago. So I owe it all to you, lol!

Have you received your Teal Alyona yet????

no. :sad: i'm anxiously waiting for it. i've seen the alyona irl and now that i've seen pics of the teal mayfair, i'm almost positive i will love it, which makes it even harder to be patient. you can be sure i'll post pics when i get it. i'll even have them up in a timely matter this time!

no. :sad: i'm anxiously waiting for it. i've seen the alyona irl and now that i've seen pics of the teal mayfair, i'm almost positive i will love it, which makes it even harder to be patient. you can be sure i'll post pics when i get it. i'll even have them up in a timely matter this time!

Don't worry, it'll come! :okay: The teal is a great color; real sophisticated and different. I think it looks fabulous with denim, but will also work well with black, of course.

(Incidentally, be warned that it is REALLY difficult to get the teal color to photograph properly. My earlier pics kept making it look sort of aqua blue, which its not at all... :shrugs:)

cosmopolitan - i ordered the mix quilted tote in grey (gray?) from the barney's sale.

i can't wait to get it. the leather on yours looks AMAZING!

Congrats BagLover21!!!! The leather is fantastic, and its just so roomy and organized and easy to use because of the three compartments. You're gonna love it. :yes: Another member, tadpolenyc, owns the Mix Quilted Tote in grey, and you can see a pic of her's here: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/finally-pictures-my-bordeaux-zc-mix-quilted-tote-206160.html