scored a mbmj bag at nordstrom rack for $60 but...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. it's "altered or refinished" lol one corner patch on the back is weird but you cant really tell unless you look close up, didnt take a pic of that corner though.

(it's the Little Kelsey Crossbody bag in hazelnut)

anywhoooo, you can also tell that one half of the STRAP is replaced/altered/refinished, it's cracked/has been folded A LOT, i dont know how to make it better, i tried leather conditioner on it and it seemed to only help a teeeenie bit, feels a lot less soft than the rest of the strap and is also thinner and a more fragile. i sorta cant get over how fragile the altered part of the strap is. other than that, i think it's really cute especially on how cheap it was, kinda like i got it off ebay. it was even EXTREMELYYYYYYY dirty when i bought it, i had to clean it like crazy. :nuts:

one pic shows the part of the strap that is fine and another shows the weird folded up, fragile, thin part.

Attached Files:

2. If you can overlook those flaws for the price you got it at then it's fine! Enjoy! Is the folded part of the strap on the underside?

3. I think it's fine for the price.

I bought a MbMJ at the rack with denim color transfer on it. I got it for a good price so it didn't really bother me.

4. no, it's on both sides and it's on the top part.

5. I think for the price you paid its great! Use it as your "bumming around bag"~ its adorable. I love the MbMJ Flash-style bags!
    Congrats on scoring this lil' cutie~

6. I think it's ok cuz it was a steal! It wouldn't bother me. ;)

7. Great score!

8. that's a great deal.... do you think the leather variation is causing the straps marks? the leather on this line is really distressed in general.

9. no, i can see where a new different strap in the same color was stitched on in the middle. but yeah, i'll chalk it up to the distressed leather category :smile:

im just worried it might wear down or rip fast since the person who had it before me seemed to keep folding it in the middle, i guess they tried making a knot on it to make the strap shorter.

10. wellll.....even if the strap doesnt hold up over time, you could always get a cobbler or local leather repair place to fix this one, or heck, even make you a new one!
    The $60 price is well worth it!!!!
    It's lovely~ just enjoy it!!!!!
    :biggrin:

11. what a great price!!!

12. good point, he could just shorten it and reattach it and it wouldnt matter much because the strap was very long to begin with lol thanks!! :P

13. yeah i was shocked lol kinda made a big deal about the price when i first saw it at the store, hope nobody paid attention to me while i was on my way to the cashier lmao. i was looking for a light colored bag since i mostly had "boring" black ones that werent crossbody. :smile:

14. Cute! I love this bag. What a score, really!

15. Even with the damage, that was a nice find! Hope you can make it work for you.