Scored a job interview at Coach! Any Tips or Advice?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got a call tonight from Coach asking me to come in on Saturday at 8am for a job interview!!! It's to work there in a seasonal position, but I wouldn't mind working there permanently either! I asked for part time (I have a day job), and right now I have an evening job until Nov working for Cirque Du Soleil. When I handed in a resume and filled out the stuff Coach required they said they would be looking for people to start working in November so perfect timing!

Now I have like no retail experience! I just started working in Merchandise for Cirque Du Soleil and sadly this is the first time I have ever worked in a fashion retail environment. I'm not sure what they will want to know in the interview, what I should wear, etc etc.
    I'm excited but nervous because I would REALLY like to work there!

2. Congratulations on your interview!!!!!!
    Just be yourself!!! I don't work at Coach but have a lot of retail experience. Smile and be enthusiastic!! (which I am sure you are being on TPF!!!)
    Lucky you!!! Good Luck!!:woohoo::yahoo:

Lynne :biggrin:

3. Thanks! Guess it doesn't hurt that I pretty much want to buy the entire store out of bags LOL! Hopefully they hire me! I have been trying to get myself into high end retail as a for fun evening/weekend job and this would be a pretty good start even if they only need me for a few months!

4. Congrats on the interview, fingers crossed for you.

5. Early congrats! Which store did you apply at?

6. The one at the Eaton Centre in Toronto :biggrin:

7. Check out this thread and good luck!
    http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/i-have-an-interview-at-coach-on-friday-772738.html

8. Awesome thanks! I figured there was probably already something like this out there...off to go read and hopefully get some pointers since it's been a long time since I've done an actual interview...and I definitely don't work in a job even near similar to high end retail right now as my day job LOL

9. From my experience, most retail stores hire for the Holiday season and if you do a great job (which I am sure you will!), they will hire you on permanently.
    Coach would be my dream job but all my money would be going toward handbags and not to pay off bills like it should! LOL

10. LOL! Well I am on a ban until I either get school funding, or work enough to pay off said school debt for this year...Hence why I actually need a second job once my Cirque Du Soleil job ends in about 6 weeks. I wouldn't mind working part time for them all the time! Actually I would love it since I am finished school next year anyway and would have all my evenings and weekends free to do basically nothing. Might as well be working some place that is fun and getting to spend said pay cheque on fun things! That way I can keep my day job pay cheque for the boring things like paying bills LOL!
    I'm just wondering if the pay is min wage or more? That's one of those questions I never want to ask in an interview so I hope they tell us straight up what we will make since I'm being spoiled by my cirque pay currently...I make more in a weekend at cirque than I do working all week at my day job! Granted it's sometimes 10 hour days, but the pay is very very good. There was a spot on the sheet to put what you would like to make and I always hate filling that out cause I worry about putting too high a number so I just wrote down what I am currently making at Cirque per hour and I guess that didn't scare them off so we will see!

I do have my eyes on a Coach boyfriend watch and one of the new Willis bags in black right now...I really like the shape of the newer Willis and have been dying for a good quality boyfriend watch for a couple of years now, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money right now. Every time I get the urge to go in and buy one or both of my lemmings I just have to look at my budget and see how much debt I am in this year so far and I quickly turn into a cheapskate again. :lol:
    Crossing my fingers that Saturday morning goes well.

11. Hi~
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you too!!! Cirque Du Soleil sound like a really fun job!!! I have never been to one of their shows! Maybe someday ~~
    A New Willis would be fun!!! I have bought and returned a couple of the new Willis' because I they are too small for me. (I have the Original Willis) I want to downsize my bag but never truly take the plunge!!! A new watch is always fun!!! (Not to enable!! LOL ) Maybe when you get the Coach job, you can treat yourself!!!
    Congrats and Good Luck!!!!

12. Good luck Ladyash! Wear your Pandora bracelet for good luck! I really hope you get the job.

13. I know that when I interviewed there years ago they asked me to come in dress code. So maybe you should go in the current dress code.
    Dark denim jeans,
    navy cardigan no v-neck with a white t-shirt or tank top (only place it should show is the bottom of the cardigan.)
    Or navy V-neck pullover sweater with button down white or chambray shirt.
    or navy blazer with white or chambray button down
    Brown shoes (british tan)

Good luck I hope you get the job!

14. I would go dressed in the uniform if I owned anything that would work but unfortunately I don't :sad: I only have the dark wash jeans. I would have to go buy the other stuff if I did get the job but am going to wait until I know if I have the job for sure since I am on a spending ban until my school debt is paid off. Apparently I'm not a navy fan since I don't own anything in navy other than jeans! Also, most of the girls there were wearing black ballet style flats...so maybe the shoe guidelines have changed?

15. It is a fun job and we got to see the show during the friends and family night! It was my first and it was amazing!
    They have two sizes of the Willis one is small and one is larger. I'm definitely going for the larger more expensive one if I get the job LOL! Plus the watch because I don't actually have a watch here with me...My other one I bought is a bit too dressy for everyday wear and I left it at my parents house. I definitely want a plain boyfriend style watch that I can wear every day.
    I'm treating myself to both with my first Coach pay cheque if I get the job!!!!