Scientology - Leah Rimini (Tom Cruise and John Travolta not filmed) A&E Nov 29th - 10pm

Was it explained how her entire family decided to bail while most families get separated?
There is something in the milk.....

That confuses me too. Leah keeps saying and said it in her book you can leave the church, as long as you do so quietly and not bad mouth them. Yet, if that was the case none of these people would be stalked and hunted down when they left. It makes no sense. On her reality show she had friends that left before her and were on one episode and they all seem to have left with no issues. None of them said they were hunted down.

There seems to be a difference in the treatment of Sea org members leaving and a general 'parishioner'. Also the higher the member is in the 'church'.

Leah seems to have been a long time parishioner. Those being seen on the show were Sea org or other management. Maybe Sea org members "know" more- about how sketchy Scientology is.

Sea Org members are more isolated, they generally live and work within the compounds and are not able to come and go as they please.
They have no access to internet to research things etc. Leah and her family lived and worked outside the church walls and she was able to question things on her own, she said she would go on the internet to look things up and saw how her church was lying to her.
Most sea org member don't even live with their spouse and lots of other members don't live with their kids, it would be hard to organize a mass family exodus when you barely can communicate with your own family.

Reactions: TinksDelite
Was it explained how her entire family decided to bail while most families get separated?
There is something in the milk.....
As slang said above... sea org members are totally cut off from the real world, watched every step and cannot organize.

Remember when David Miscavige's father received a birthday gift, a Kindle, and was able to access the internet? That's how he started googling and discovering. The rest don't have that access.

I was wondering why Mark Rathbun wasn't in Leah's doc and watching 20/20 last night (otherwise a boring and uninformative episode to those who have watched all the documentaries) we find out he stopped criticizing the church and started criticizing the criticizers. That is so odd. He was featured in Going Clear and did, as they said last night, a complete turnaround.

I guess Leah won't comment as to why, but I'd love to hear her thoughts.

I was wondering why Mark Rathbun wasn't in Leah's doc and watching 20/20 last night (otherwise a boring and uninformative episode to those who have watched all the documentaries) we find out he stopped criticizing the church and started criticizing the criticizers. That is so odd. He was featured in Going Clear and did, as they said last night, a complete turnaround.

I guess Leah won't comment as to why, but I'd love to hear her thoughts.

I wondered that too when I first started watching Leah's show several weeks ago so I was looking online and the "gossip" is he was paid off and now can't criticize the "church" and may even be going back...his lawsuit against the CoS was actually going good when he suddenly just dropped it (even his lawyers were surprised and had no notice) and his sudden criticism of people that speak out against the church is bizarre since he started that movement

I wondered that too when I first started watching Leah's show several weeks ago so I was looking online and the "gossip" is he was paid off and now can't criticize the "church" and may even be going back...his lawsuit against the CoS was actually going good when he suddenly just dropped it (even his lawyers were surprised and had no notice) and his sudden criticism of people that speak out against the church is bizarre since he started that movement
That was his wife Monique's lawsuit that was dropped though...so I wonder if Marty didn't take some kind of payoff on his end and encourage her to drop the suit. He was featured so much in Going Clear I was very surprised that he did a turnaround. Didn't really care much for the 20/20 show didn't tell us much.. the younger guy near the end..seemed to be skirting around the topic of childhood sexual abuse but didn't want to come right out and say it.

That was his wife Monique's lawsuit that was dropped though...so I wonder if Marty didn't take some kind of payoff on his end and encourage her to drop the suit. He was featured so much in Going Clear I was very surprised that he did a turnaround. Didn't really care much for the 20/20 show didn't tell us much.. the younger guy near the end..seemed to be skirting around the topic of childhood sexual abuse but didn't want to come right out and say it.

Yes, I should have been clearer. The speculation is that Monique dropped her lawsuit & took no settlement (if she did, her lawyers would have received a portion of it and they have stated that no payment was made to Monique). The gossip is that Marty was paid off instead, although he has denied it.
Regardless, it is bizarre that he has done a complete turn around is is now defending David Miscavige & the CoS, and is critical of all who speak out against it

Sea Org members are more isolated, they generally live and work within the compounds and are not able to come and go as they please.
They have no access to internet to research things etc. Leah and her family lived and worked outside the church walls and she was able to question things on her own, she said she would go on the internet to look things up and saw how her church was lying to her.
Most sea org member don't even live with their spouse and lots of other members don't live with their kids, it would be hard to organize a mass family exodus when you barely can communicate with your own family.

As slang said above... sea org members are totally cut off from the real world, watched every step and cannot organize.

Remember when David Miscavige's father received a birthday gift, a Kindle, and was able to access the internet? That's how he started googling and discovering. The rest don't have that access.

In her book, Leah and her older sister were in the Sea org as teenagers in Florida. She got kicked out for kissing a boy and being difficult. Her mother and sister left with her and moved to Los Angeles and all were still members. None of this makes sense. They were never stalked when they left the sea org and Leah's sister and mother were not told to disown her, when she was kicked out. Once they moved to LA she worked out jobs for people in Scientology then got into acting.

IMG_0238.PNG

Last edited:
In her book, Leah and her older sister were in the Sea org as teenagers in Florida. She got kicked out for kissing a boy and being difficult. Her mother and sister left with her and moved to Los Angeles and all were still members. None of this makes sense. They were never stalked when they left the sea org and Leah's sister and mother were not told to disown her, when she was kicked out. Once they moved to LA she worked out jobs for people in Scientology then got into acting.

View attachment 3567977

When she left the Seaorg she didn't leave the CoS, they were all still members after they moved. Lots of people move from seaorg to different areas within the organization, that's not an issue because you're still a member.
The people that have been stalked were those who tried to leave the CoS completely and even then I doubt every person who leaves is stalked. The real issue starts when you speak out against them after you leave

Yes, attack the attacker. That's their motto.

I kept expecting the guy from last night's 20/20 to talk about the freedom to discuss his sexuality, but he just seemed to like the exposure and being on camera... or maybe it was the way those networks film. They cut too quickly and show the subject gazing mournfully and thoughtfully into the sunset or a reflective walk down the hall of his apartment.

I prefer HBO and well made documentaries rather than the network style of producing.