school shopping..what did you get?

May 12, 2008
for those of you still in school or if you work at a school, what have you bought so far? i did a little shopping today and thought i'd share. i am a young teacher, and was going through my wardrobe and realized i don't have many basics. so that's what i was hoping to get- basics for my 'professional' wardrobe.

1st pic- all from marshalls- they were having a crazy sale- whatever you buy (clothes and shoes only) is tax free unless its over 300 dollars. woohoo
the red and grey striped shirt is from juicy couture for $20, the black long sleeved is express $3.00 haha, the grey shirt is the limited $12.00, and the dark blue flats are tommy $19.99. nothing too flashy or expensive, but all good for work. :smile:

2nd pic- has nothing to do with work, i just found it at marshalls, by matty m (never heard of it), its a silk dress, i LOVE how it fits and the pockets and it was only $19.99...do you think it looks ok? i'm always weirded out by this kind of neckline. i think i obviously need a different bra, as you can kinda see the top of the bra cups...hmm

3rd pic is stuff i got at banana- all on sale as well- socks (you can never have enough trouser socks- $3.99 each pair, and the pants were on sale for 14.99

i know its silly, but i just love a good sale :yahoo:

Attachments

• marsh.jpg
    marsh.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 128
  • dressss.jpg
    dressss.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 148
  • banana.jpg
    banana.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 86
Great purchases! I too, am a young(er) teacher and I have trouble finding things for work. I have been looking and looking without much luck. I will have to try Marshall's :smile:

I know the brand Matty M is sold at Nordstrom's. I've bought a couple of their shirts and loved them. The dress looks great and I think you definitely got a deal!

OP great finds!!!! I love Marshall's and TJ Maxx.

I am a senior college student I bought the following:

1 GAP brown maxi dress
1 black Calvin Klein sleeveless Dress
1 no name sleeveless shirt
1 NY and Co Brown and White print dress
2 mary janes shoes from Colin Stuart in Natural and Black
1 Michael by Michael Kors flats in black piping and twill material
1 no name pair of flats that are blue paisley
1 pair of gold Nina sandals
1 pair of gladiators sandals
2 pairs of flats abaete for payless
1 pair of abaete heels from payless
1 hardrock Grand Cayman Shirt
2 dresses from forever 21
1 sweater from forever 21
3 pair of shoes from Ann Taylor/Ann taylor Loft
2 dresses from ann taylor loft
1 sleeveless top from ann taylor loft
2 cashmere silk blend cardigans from Victoria's Secret in Cobalt and Raspberry
1 pair of kitson flats that are brown with a teal bow

That is my shopping thus far for the school year. I didn't buy with the intentions of school, but random good sales. This was bought and ordered between July and August. Lately I have the shopping bug for shoes. I can't wait to hear what everyone else bought.

I went on an AE shopping spree (darn you 30% off coupons:cursing: lol). I got...
- grey skinny pants
- tan pants (we can't wear jeans or logo T's to school :sad: )
- blue patterned short sleeved shirt
- hot pink tank top
- white button down
- Tshirt

Then Forever 21, and I got...
- plaid headband
- silver necklace
- grey high-waisted skirt

Plus I got a knit navy blue and red dress that I'll probably wear the first day of school! I need to go to the outlets soon and do some REAL school shopping :nuts:

for those of you still in school or if you work at a school, what have you bought so far? i did a little shopping today and thought i'd share. i am a young teacher, and was going through my wardrobe and realized i don't have many basics. so that's what i was hoping to get- basics for my 'professional' wardrobe.

1st pic- all from marshalls- they were having a crazy sale- whatever you buy (clothes and shoes only) is tax free unless its over 300 dollars. woohoo
the red and grey striped shirt is from juicy couture for $20, the black long sleeved is express $3.00 haha, the grey shirt is the limited $12.00, and the dark blue flats are tommy $19.99. nothing too flashy or expensive, but all good for work. :smile:

2nd pic- has nothing to do with work, i just found it at marshalls, by matty m (never heard of it), its a silk dress, i LOVE how it fits and the pockets and it was only $19.99...do you think it looks ok? i'm always weirded out by this kind of neckline. i think i obviously need a different bra, as you can kinda see the top of the bra cups...hmm

3rd pic is stuff i got at banana- all on sale as well- socks (you can never have enough trouser socks- $3.99 each pair, and the pants were on sale for 14.99

i know its silly, but i just love a good sale :yahoo:

I love that silk dress! It would look SO cute with a thin black patent belt :smile:

I went shopping but not for school [private *sigh*] and this is what I got:
3 free people tops [on sale/clearance for cheap]
matty m dress which is deep red
madewell skinny jeans
madewell top
madewell skinny belt
steven by steve madden flats
urban outfitters skinny belt
hollister seagull shorts
juicy charm [empire state building]
dooney and burke purse [only $30!]
2 h&m headbands
more but i forget

I haven't gotten that much this summer...all I wear during school are sweats :lol: but I went to American Eagle earlier this summer with some b day money and got a few shirts and some jeans. I need new jewlery though, I'm such a jewlery fiend!!

BTW Candypants: I LOVE LOVE that silk dress!! Maybe wear it to our tPF meet on Saturday!! ;);) hahaha