school shopping..what did you get?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. for those of you still in school or if you work at a school, what have you bought so far? i did a little shopping today and thought i'd share. i am a young teacher, and was going through my wardrobe and realized i don't have many basics. so that's what i was hoping to get- basics for my 'professional' wardrobe.

1st pic- all from marshalls- they were having a crazy sale- whatever you buy (clothes and shoes only) is tax free unless its over 300 dollars. woohoo
    the red and grey striped shirt is from juicy couture for $20, the black long sleeved is express $3.00 haha, the grey shirt is the limited $12.00, and the dark blue flats are tommy $19.99. nothing too flashy or expensive, but all good for work. :smile:

2nd pic- has nothing to do with work, i just found it at marshalls, by matty m (never heard of it), its a silk dress, i LOVE how it fits and the pockets and it was only $19.99...do you think it looks ok? i'm always weirded out by this kind of neckline. i think i obviously need a different bra, as you can kinda see the top of the bra cups...hmm

3rd pic is stuff i got at banana- all on sale as well- socks (you can never have enough trouser socks- $3.99 each pair, and the pants were on sale for 14.99

i know its silly, but i just love a good sale :yahoo:

Attached Files:

2. Great purchases! I too, am a young(er) teacher and I have trouble finding things for work. I have been looking and looking without much luck. I will have to try Marshall's :smile:

I know the brand Matty M is sold at Nordstrom's. I've bought a couple of their shirts and loved them. The dress looks great and I think you definitely got a deal!

3. OP great finds!!!! I love Marshall's and TJ Maxx.

I am a senior college student I bought the following:

1 GAP brown maxi dress
    1 black Calvin Klein sleeveless Dress
    1 no name sleeveless shirt
    1 NY and Co Brown and White print dress
    2 mary janes shoes from Colin Stuart in Natural and Black
    1 Michael by Michael Kors flats in black piping and twill material
    1 no name pair of flats that are blue paisley
    1 pair of gold Nina sandals
    1 pair of gladiators sandals
    2 pairs of flats abaete for payless
    1 pair of abaete heels from payless
    1 hardrock Grand Cayman Shirt
    2 dresses from forever 21
    1 sweater from forever 21
    3 pair of shoes from Ann Taylor/Ann taylor Loft
    2 dresses from ann taylor loft
    1 sleeveless top from ann taylor loft
    2 cashmere silk blend cardigans from Victoria's Secret in Cobalt and Raspberry
    1 pair of kitson flats that are brown with a teal bow

That is my shopping thus far for the school year. I didn't buy with the intentions of school, but random good sales. This was bought and ordered between July and August. Lately I have the shopping bug for shoes. I can't wait to hear what everyone else bought.

4. I went on an AE shopping spree (darn you 30% off coupons:cursing: lol). I got...
    - grey skinny pants
    - tan pants (we can't wear jeans or logo T's to school :sad: )
    - blue patterned short sleeved shirt
    - hot pink tank top
    - white button down
    - Tshirt

Then Forever 21, and I got...
    - plaid headband
    - silver necklace
    - grey high-waisted skirt

Plus I got a knit navy blue and red dress that I'll probably wear the first day of school! I need to go to the outlets soon and do some REAL school shopping :nuts:

5. I love that silk dress! It would look SO cute with a thin black patent belt :smile:

6. The juicy is so cute!! I wish they had Marshalls in Canada.. =__='

7. I went shopping but not for school [private *sigh*] and this is what I got:
    3 free people tops [on sale/clearance for cheap]
    matty m dress which is deep red
    madewell skinny jeans
    madewell top
    madewell skinny belt
    steven by steve madden flats
    urban outfitters skinny belt
    hollister seagull shorts
    juicy charm [empire state building]
    dooney and burke purse [only $30!]
    2 h&m headbands
    more but i forget

8. i NEVER find such good deals! love the juicy top and the dress looks GREAT on you!!

9. I haven't gotten that much this summer...all I wear during school are sweats :lol: but I went to American Eagle earlier this summer with some b day money and got a few shirts and some jeans. I need new jewlery though, I'm such a jewlery fiend!!

BTW Candypants: I LOVE LOVE that silk dress!! Maybe wear it to our tPF meet on Saturday!! ;);) hahaha

10. school uniforms for my 4 year old son:throwup: