School me on Facials!

cuddle x bear

Feb 1, 2008
With summer coming to an end and Fall Semester coming up I really want to get a facial to treat myself before school starts again. I'm 19 with oily skin. I don't break out much though so acne is not an issue but I have pretty uneven skin. My forehead is darker than the rest of my face and I have redness in the area between where the sides of my nose ends and where my cheeks begin. Any suggestions? I haven't gotten one before and I don't really know which one to be looking for. Suggestions??

hmmm surprised no one's commented yet.
maybe u could get a detoxifying clay mask??
I know it helps with oiliness and un even tone, that's what I do once a week...and my skins pretty even ^_^

try a brightening lotion bremenn has a nice one called lumedia. you should also use a clay mask often. i use dermalogica clay cleanser. its a cleanser but it is clay based and it keeps my oil levels down. do you have clogged pores? because that is the only thing i would recommend facials for.

yeah i get clogged pores between my oily skin & make up. thanks for the advice ladies. i'll def look into clay-based mask too. is there a particular product anyone suggests and where can i find it?

dermalogica clay cleanser is my absolute favorite, you can grab it at most spa's. its a cleanser and a clay mask all in one. its actually on my face now as i type i'll try and upload a pic.

are u talking about actually getting a facial? in that case, ur best bet is to talk to them before u get it. he/she *should* ask you questions about your skin and skin care regimen and then tailor the facial to fit your needs.