School buses scare me, why don't they ....

I guess Im in the minority here, all of the school buses I've ever been on have had seat belts. Unfortunately, a seat belt rule was not applied, so none of the kids every wore them, including me.

I do think they should be,a t the very least, available on all school buses. Seat belts really can save a life. But, shouldnt they be on public transit buses too? I havent been on a public bus since I was like 13, but they didnt have seat belts then.

I guess Im in the minority here, all of the school buses I've ever been on have had seat belts. Unfortunately, a seat belt rule was not applied, so none of the kids every wore them, including me.

I do think they should be,a t the very least, available on all school buses. Seat belts really can save a life. But, shouldnt they be on public transit buses too? I havent been on a public bus since I was like 13, but they didnt have seat belts then.

I'm OT Diggin Your avatar!

As it was stated before, supposedly, the design of the seats and placement of the seats was ruled to be a safer option under all possible circumstances. From what I can remember, I think there's an average of 11 children killed each year, in the whole country, from accidents with school buses. And while it sucks that there's 11 fewer kids in the country, that's pretty low.

The bus that we were in didn't have seatbelts and the seats were very close together. Felt claustrophobic. :wondering

The seats are designed that way for safety. Tall backs, lots of padding, closed in, and close to each other. That way if there is an accident, the children have less chance to be slung across the bus, thus minimizing possible injury.

The seats are designed that way for safety. Tall backs, lots of padding, closed in, and close to each other. That way if there is an accident, the children have less chance to be slung across the bus, thus minimizing possible injury.

Yeah, if they are too spacious then it will be much easier for a child to fly around or fall on the ground.

I think seat belts are sort of a risk, whether you use them or not on a schoolbus. If the bus rolls over then yeah, it will probably be much safer if the children are buckled in. But in a regular accident I don't know how much safer they will be... especially if in a situation where you need to get the children out as quickly as possible.