School and COach

MsWestchesterNY

call me Kelly
Feb 4, 2010
Ladies and Gents:
Planning on buying a bag for school. Need something with a hand AND shoulder strap, that will fit a 5 subject notebook, pens, food( like small snacks) wallet, such
please help I'm kind of new to Coach so I'm not sure about these bags.

I would go with anything Poppy... Great for school and if you have an Outlet near you they have serveral at with a good size...

I tried the poppy book tote and it didn't fit my huge binder! It fit in there but it didn't zip, and I just couldn't justify keeping something that expensive (even at outlet price) that didn't zip w/ my binder in it. I was worried because it does rain sometimes where I live so zipping is a must.

If the biggest item you have is a five subject notebook (spiral type) the poppy book tote might work for you! It is super cute and available at some outlets. It has handles and a shoulder strap. You can see pictures of it on ebay. I would call up and see which outlets or even Macy*s have it in. Other poppy styles might work too, from what I have seen the book tote is the largest and most structured for school use. Good luck!

the inlaid peyton seems to work for me. it's patent leather so i don't worry too much about setting it down on the floor beside me; it has an open top (dog leash clip) so i don't have to fuss w/ a zipper; and it's freakin' sexy so that's my main reason LOL.

there are a lot of girls at my university that rock the poppy op art glam but it looks a little weak to have a university load of texts, laptop and girly necessities.

i wanted the book tote for a while now but my sister keeps talking me out of it because she hates the big fat poppy logo. i agree w/ italiahaircolor's suggestion of the tribeca or alex - i'd love to get me a tribeca tote one day and the alex is similar to the inlaid peyton in size so that's a good match.

love to see what you end up choosing!

I have an Alex tote... I should cram some stuff in it and see how it does. Some of the Alex totes are at the outlet now, too!

Let me stick some notebooks and stuff in it and snap a picture.

Binder and a Livescribe (they are about as thick as a 3-5 subject, depending on what brand you buy) notebook:
DSCF2798.jpg

Holding the handles up:
DSCF2799.jpg

Top view:
DSCF2800.jpg

With a text book:
DSCF2801.jpg

With 14" laptop:
DSCF2802.jpg

HTH! She wouldn't zip, by the way.

Also would suggest some of the diaper bags/multifunctioning totes that are still at the outlets *see my avatar*. The heritage stripe one is nice b/c of the canvas cover, and they also have the signature stripe ones. It's got both handles and shoulder strap and can fit a fair amount inside of it (plus the interior pockets are handy for storing lipgloss, waterbottle, other little odds and ends).

I wouldn't necessarily recommend poppy if you've gotta carry a LOT of stuff--they're good for a couple of books, but it's hard to zip the bag up if it's overstuffed. I use my tartan poppys when I need to carry maybe one notebook and a few smaller books, but not a lot of binders and such.