Scented body oils - Need recs!

Sep 7, 2006
Berlin, Germany.
I LOVE using body oil after a bath or shower. To me, they're much more effective than moisturizer. I've been using Neutrogena Body Oil and good old baby oil, but I'd love one with a stronger scent. I'd try Jo Malone, but something a bit more affordable would be better...Something either fresh and citrusy, or flowery... or just plain good smelling would do. I need recommendations on good products. Thanks :biggrin:

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
I have one I got at the Gap last year. It was <$20 for a huge bottle of it in the "Love Shack" scent. I add some to my bath water once in awhile and I've barely put a dent in it! I'm not sure if they still sell them though. I was just at the outlet last weekend and all the GapBody stuff was 50% off, but I didn't see any oils :hrmm:

You could also buy some fragrance oils and add them to unscented oil to make your own.

JSH812

horses&hounds
Jan 23, 2008
wild&wonderful
I haven't seen the Jo Malone ones. I LOVE baby oil, or the new one by Vaseline.. and I even like the skin so soft scents by avon.

pippop

O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
You should check out Weleda...they have some great oils. They have a couple different kinds, I've tried the Rose and Sea Buckthorn, which is kind of citrusy. I really like them both, and they are pretty affordable!

pippop

O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
^I like them, and there's a couple to choose from. They sell them at some Walgreens stores. I like the wild rose and citrus. They have a lavender scented one, if you like lavender. The scent does linger for a while, and leaves your skin really soft! :smile:

Here's a variety pack with little versions so you could try out each scent without buying a whole bottle: http://www.MotherNature.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/59379

Hope this helps!

MissTiss

Shopping Issues
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
tPF rocks my stripey socks!
I've actually been using sweet almond oil (it has no scent) because I am trying to avoid mineral oils. BUT what's great is you can customize this any way you want by adding essential oils.

I am with you, oils rock. I am new to this, but my skin loves it!

Sep 7, 2006
Berlin, Germany.
I've actually been using sweet almond oil (it has no scent) because I am trying to avoid mineral oils. BUT what's great is you can customize this any way you want by adding essential oils.

I am with you, oils rock. I am new to this, but my skin loves it!
Yeah, I think oils are much more effective than body lotion, the scent also lasts longer. Especially when your skin is still kinda damp. it's the perfect scent I'm looking for tho... :smile:

Bagluvluv

ALMA HUNTER
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Chanel No. 5 has a dry oil spray that is lovley....

The frgrance really lasts but its not as moisturizing as I would like...love the stuff though, cant get enough!!!

Ive heard that Fresh makes alot of oils that are really great for the skin with lovely fragrances...you should check them out.