scarves -- what if you could only have one?

Aug 22, 2006
let's play 'what if' to give us a chance to talk about some of our favorite scarves. what if you could only have one design? which one would it be, and what do you love about it that makes it the ONE? which others are in the running?

i haven't been able to decide myself yet -- the current front runner is les amazones, which is so fun and ties beautifully. it's primarily ladies riding sidesaddle -- in french a sidesaddle is an "amazone" sadle. i'm KICKING myself that i cheaped out and didn't go for it with the chiffon amazones that was recently on ebay:

the other contenders:
races de chevaux de monde,

cheval suprise (SUCH fun to find the hidden horses -- at first i thought it was just a horse sneeze, as in 'surprise - you're shirt's dirty!' :Push:smile:

and a rare non-equine favorite, au borde de l'eau:

ooh that's tough. i personally would pick the insturction scarf with all the pics on how to tie a scarf. i just think it's gorgeous.

second choice is cheveaux des emperours in my blue colorway. that one goes with everything and it was my first.

3rd choice black dahlia mousseline. the only scarf i have that i can wear on my neck all day and not feel like i need to take it off and the design is so pretty and it looks fresh with everything.

4th (can i have a 4th) is the ex libres in grey. i just love the color, it's so sophisticated and it looks good with so many things but is still so simple...

now all my other scarves hate me. lol.

You guys are hilarious.
First, DQ says you can only have one, then picks 4.

Then H picks 4.

I am going to follow the rules strictly and pick one, which is my champs de course mousseline, because DD ordered it for me her own little cute self from H.That would be only in the event that I absolutely had to pick only one, which will never happen, thank goodness!

I guess tomorrow I will pick another!! Because I :heart::heart: them ALL.

I know I am going to be that crazy old lady with the scarves, all gnarled and ancient, and petting my scarves every day, like the old lady with all the cats, but with scarves!!!

my latest carre, Champs de Courses for me:

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's so calm and understated with a beautiful contrast hem, I love it, the colour is good on me too. I am sorely tempted to buy the same in mousseline.

I love your 'cheval surprise' - I seem to remember there are 17 horses to be found in the design, is this true do you know?

Attachments

• champs7.jpg
    champs7.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 259
  • champs6.jpg
    champs6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 287
oohhh...this is a tough one...there're so many that I can't really decide! hmm...ok, the current THE ONE will be the red berries, so so so simple yet it makes me so so so happy! It's cute and sweet and bright and cheerie!

Thank god I don't have to have just one IRL! I'd be a mess! LOL

But if I had to pick, I'd say the silk/cashmere shawl of Jungle Love in beige/browns. I live in that thing three seasons out of the year.

Agree with you DQ --- it would be the 'Cheval Suprise' I have thanks to our lovely, hermeslady:heart:, all the way ...and btw, I'd be very happy to take your stunning colorway off your hands at anytime. Honestly, I think I love every single piece you own.

Right now it is the black dahlia mousseline. It is understated chic and just so easy to wear.
(runners up include the fleurs de fuschia stole in fuschia and the peonies in fuschia)

If I had to pick just one it would be my very first - Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident in black/orange colorway. I wore this one the other night to dinner at Bouley. It is just so elegant (with the lovely birds and pearls) that it will always be my fave. I can't post pix from my Q but I'll try to post a pic when I can get to my computer.

My next fave is whichever mousse I buy next!!