Scarves for men

Ok. I put quotes on the "wife" b/c I personally found it strange that there is this guy who posts his face all over the internet in various H scarf forums but we never see or hear from his "wife" who also supposedly also wears H scarves. This made me go Hmmmm.

This is just my opinion, of course.

Ok. I put quotes on the "wife" b/c I personally found it strange that there is this guy who posts his face all over the internet in various H scarf forums but we never see or hear from his "wife" who also supposedly also wears H scarves. This made me go Hmmmm.

This is just my opinion, of course.

hahahaha

attachment.php

He is gorgeous, he's been a poster forever on the scarf boards and I just love him. What style! And yes, he is very happily married to his (female) wife - what, can't a straight guy be chic?? ;)

Allen, I can't wait to see you rockin those scarves. And I know you will! I think about what seduced me into scarves when I was a kid, and, being a full-on tomboy, most of it was the cowboys and pirates and all the rough and ready guys who wore those scarves with such devil-may-care PANACHE - then when I found out they were for *women* too, well...I was well away. Bye :wlae: off to scarf hunt..... :heart:

Spotted -- Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl wearing scarves? Hhhhhmmm... He definitely pulls it off every time.

XOXO

Attachments

• ChuckBass.jpg
    ChuckBass.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,067
He is gorgeous, he's been a poster forever on the scarf boards and I just love him. What style! And yes, he is very happily married to his (female) wife - what, can't a straight guy be chic?? ;)

Allen, I can't wait to see you rockin those scarves. And I know you will! I think about what seduced me into scarves when I was a kid, and, being a full-on tomboy, most of it was the cowboys and pirates and all the rough and ready guys who wore those scarves with such devil-may-care PANACHE - then when I found out they were for *women* too, well...I was well away. Bye :wlae: off to scarf hunt..... :heart:

He is poster here too, love him.

I never expected to be one. I guess when one hangs out too much in here, one tends to find things to obsess about.

True! Well, at least you're going from bags to scarves, instead of the other way around like I did. The new things I've found to obsess about are so much more expensive. :sad: But pretty!

It's not a matter of whether a straight guy cant be chic. I dont care if he's gay or not. It's the coy way he refers to his "wife" that sets off my hinkmeter. <shrugs>

scan of 1987 Monde. this is a 90cm cash/silk

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 552
He is poster here too, love him.

I know....I love him on the scarf thread aussi :yes:

I love him cuz he does what he wants with his scarves! And, since he's posted family pics of he and his wife (during a loss of a beloved pet, I believe) on his site, I never read the references to his wife as coy. But to each his own interpretation, non? That's what makes the world go round. :heart:

I know....I love him on the scarf thread aussi :yes:

I love him cuz he does what he wants with his scarves! And, since he's posted family pics of he and his wife (during a loss of a beloved pet, I believe) on his site, I never read the references to his wife as coy. But to each his own interpretation, non? That's what makes the world go round. :heart:

He posts a lot of pics of women on his site. In fact, there are 4 women pics on there now. Something tells me none of these are his "wife". But you seems to know him better than me so I'll just take your word for it. :smile:

For an everyday look under a button down shirt, a 70cm "vintage style" scarf works best. I just fold two opposite corners in and keep repeating until I have a strip of silk and then wrap around the neck and make a knot. I just tuck the ends in and then have a more casual look than wearing an ascot. I get compliments all the time.

You can also do that with a 90cm classic carre, but it will be a bit more bulky and perhaps more appropriate in warmer weather. I believe that is what is shown twisted with the cashmere scarves.

This season they did special men's editions of the 70cm vintage scarves in darker colors. Navys, plums, purples, greys. They even did some in cashmere/silk that are beautiful. You can see them in the Fall/Winter tie catalogue. Some of those designs can be reversible.

There is also a men's silk twill losange that comes in more muted "foulard" patterns that is even easier to wear, because it does not have the bulk of the square scarves, but it is probably not as versatile.

WOW thanks for starting this thread allan! I've been meaning to start one for a long time but I thought I should've browsed through the "what scarf are you wearing today" thread first, but never really got around to it...:blush:

I've always thought that only male H models could wear scarves and not make them look effemiate, but from the responses on this thread, it turns out I've been totally wrong.

I wonder, can you do the same with pocket squares? They're a quarter of the size, so I'm wondering if there's enough silk to go around the neck :P If so, does anyone have modeling pics?

A pocket square is too small to be worn around the neck of a man, unless you maybe have a 14" neck. I love pocket squares just stuffed in a blazer/suit pocket. They are a great little indulgence.

He posts a lot of pics of women on his site. In fact, there are 4 women pics on there now. Something tells me none of these are his "wife". But you seems to know him better than me so I'll just take your word for it. :smile:

Not that it's really any of our business, and here's another flog but....yes, I guess I do know him better. The picture was a private family one of he, his wife, and their deceased dog.

Those lady pics on his site are obviously stock model shots.

No need to mount the guard here. We are all entitled to our opinions.

and re: this great topic:

I love this look on men and women, castorny
A pocket square is too small to be worn around the neck of a man, unless you maybe have a 14" neck. I love pocket squares just stuffed in a blazer/suit pocket. They are a great little indulgence.