Scarves as Handbag Accessories

Personally and generally I'm a handbag purist. Though I love the idea in theory, I very rarely accessorize my bags (ie: add a keyfob or scarf). I absolutely adore the Coach skull keyfob - and I think it'd look great on my black balenciaga - but I just can't seem to make myself do it. As good as a keyfob would look on the bag, it looks better nekkid IMO ;)

I love to dress my bags up with scarves...it completes an outfit sometimes, or just puts a little extra flair to your day. I have LV, Coach and just random silk scarves that I picked up from the department store. Love 'em.

I posted about this very same thing a few months ago -
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/scarfs-on-bags-what-are-your-thoughts-205604.html

I bought a cute Pucci scarf to go with the RM bags I bought on sale at Nordstroms (see attached). I've actually gotten some nice compliments on them! I only recently removed the Pucci scarf from my bag because I was out in the snow and didn't want the colors to run, but once it dries out a little, I'll probably be tying it back on to my current bag!

For now, I have a Marc Jacobs key ring with a gold colored mini Venetia bag at the end. It goes perfectly w/the gold hardware of my new MJ Mina!

Attachments

• DCFC0163.JPG
    DCFC0163.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 38
I have a bunch of scarves and Hermes Twillies that I use on my bags. Here are a few pics:

ChanelSpeedyBrides.JPG
Fendi24.JPG
ChanelSpeedyPinkH1.JPG
ChanelSpeedyPinkH2.JPG

Thank you for all of the great suggestions everyone! I'll check out LV, Hermes, Coach, J Crew, and a few of the thrift shops nearby... I'll be sure to post pics of my scarves soon! If anyone knows of other designers that have nice scarves please let me know!

Thank you for all of the great suggestions everyone! I'll check out LV, Hermes, Coach, J Crew, and a few of the thrift shops nearby... I'll be sure to post pics of my scarves soon! If anyone knows of other designers that have nice scarves please let me know!

Pucci makes some really fun ones IMO. I wouldn't wear Pucci clothes but I think their designs are really cheerful and fun. Etro is cool too!

You can never go wrong with something vintage. I love it when I see somebody dressed to kill then has something vintage conntected to the outfit. Just looks great to me.

Love the scarves on the black Chanel!

I like the scarves-as-bag-accessories look, especially for monochromatic, plain bags. I bought the blue Coach silk head scarf to go with my khaki-colored Slim Carly. I just like the pop of color it adds. It's a little more casual, though--just strung through the hardware on one side and knotted loosely, no bow. Would post a picture but I'm still on vacation and away from my main desktop with my camera software! I've never even considered tying a scarf on my Patchwork Gallery Tote--it just sounds too busy.