Scars on Columella from Open Rhino?

For those of you who have had open rhino (with a cut on the columella)... how many of you can still see your scars?

Do they truly become invisible even *without* makeup?
Hi Wishingstar,

I had open rhino about 2.5 weeks ago. The scar on the columella is barely visible. I have to really look closely in the mirror to see it. Otherwise, it is very faint and I am sure it will not be noticeable as time passed but not sure about completely invisible.

I've read online about using a scar minimizing gel called Kelo Cote. I've just start using it so I can't say whether it is effective or not yet. You may want to look it up.

Hi Wishingstar,

I had open rhino about 2.5 weeks ago. The scar on the columella is barely visible. I have to really look closely in the mirror to see it. Otherwise, it is very faint and I am sure it will not be noticeable as time passed but not sure about completely invisible.

I've read online about using a scar minimizing gel called Kelo Cote. I've just start using it so I can't say whether it is effective or not yet. You may want to look it up.

Hey Dor3mi~~
Glad to hear that you are doing better now :biggrin:

I just went for consultations with 3 clinics on doing the tip of my nose - and almost all of them recommended open rhino.... Can't remember what they said about the difference between open and close rhino.. But when I asked about the scars, they all assured that it will fade away with time ~ a few months after you do your surgery..

@wishingstar

I heard depending on the doctor's skill. i managed to chat up with some girls via kakako n they mentioned it is almost invisible unless you point a torch light lol...

For those of you who have had open rhino (with a cut on the columella)... how many of you can still see your scars?

When I had a much better surgeon and used an implant strut, it healed. Now, with septal shield graft, no.

Try NewGel plus E or Avene's Cicalfate (helped me a lot) on the scar. It has nothing to do with being happy. Good luck.

I have very terrible scars on left side.my right side scars is ok.i had open rhino about 18 months ago.
Have you tried kenacort? I injected kenacort into my lower lid and upperlid I also used kelocote to further reduce the scarring more. Kenacort was the one that did most of the work tho. It dissolved the scar tissue.

I had my open rhino 7 months ago and I can see my scar (pink/brown). Although, it is not noticeable and u have to look at the scar in concentration to see it. So, don't believe doctors when they say it will be invisible. There is a scar even if a good doctor does it, but it is just hard to see.

It depends on if you have your columnellar strut (I can see my scar now because the strut is pressing against the skin...so awful) and if your surgeon is skilled and gives you a good anti scar gel.

I can see it but people have to really look.