Scarfs wrapped on Speedy handles?

JuiceBox

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
UK
I did a search so I apologise if there is a thread based on my question. I've heard of people wrapping scarfs on their speedy handles I was wondering if anyone had any photo's? Also, what kind of scarf do you use? (bandeau, scarf etc.) I might try it because I don't like my handles getting dirty so quickly.

TIA! :flowers:

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
hmmm... Are you referring to the knitted "wraps" found online?

I don't recall seeing anyone wrap a scarf completely around handles... but there's a thread of scarfs decorating bags...

JuiceBox

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
UK
hmmm... Are you referring to the knitted "wraps" found online?

I don't recall seeing anyone wrap a scarf completely around handles... but there's a thread of scarfs decorating bags...
I heard its quite common with hermes bags... so no-one has photoS?

teknerd122

Oct 21, 2007
It's common to see a scarf tied around the base of one of the handles of a purse, but I've NEVER seen both handles WRAPPED up in any material.

kuuipo627

Sep 18, 2006
I remember a member put some knitted covers over her speedy handles but that was about it. It's probably more a hermes thing. I've yet to see a post where someone here on the LV forum wrap a scarf or bandeau around their handles.

photoobsessive

hold me back, girls
Oct 26, 2006
"Sunny Sunny" So Fla
i do know what you are talking about.
i can't remember who it was.
maybe Mick. she was totally into sharing scarf info for a while. do a few different searches. i would say it was about, 6 months ago though.

if i find anything i will pm you.

and it was just that. wrapping a scarf around the vachetta handles so that your hand's own oils wouldn't prematurely darken the handles.

good luck!

JuiceBox

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
UK

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
I heard its quite common with hermes bags... so no-one has photoS?
hmmm... well not very common with LV bags...lol

I personally think it's kinda weird..... and I recall a thread about the knitted wraps and most people thought they were kinda odd too. I think the difference with LV bags is that many members here LIKE the patina on the vachetta, so they don't wrap up the handles... just a guess

PurseFanatic

Feb 8, 2006
Hey, who are we to call it odd, to each her own...if you want to wrap your handles do it honey!! I think it looks cute. Make your LV bag stand out. I have a bandeau and I am going to try it.

ETA: I tried it real quick on my Speedy 40. I may try another way to tuck in the excess on the left side and just show the bow. But I think it's cute...

Attachments

JuiceBox

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
UK
Hey, who are we to call it odd, to each her own...if you want to wrap your handles do it honey!! I think it looks cute. Make your LV bag stand out. I have a bandeau and I am going to try it.

ETA: I tried it real quick on my Speedy 40. I may try another way to tuck in the excess on the left side and just show the bow. But I think it's cute...
I think thats really nice :tup: