Scarf without a box? Is it a problem??

Luva Pug

In a H dream...
O.G.
Dec 26, 2006
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a scarf from a seller that comes without a box?
I understand its not really that big of a deal but would it put you off?
Is it true that you can't purchase boxes from H; therefore i am worried about storage!:rolleyes:

TIA xx

No you can't purchase boxes from H, but the scarf will do just fine without it. If you do a search on storage you will see that many of the ladies here keep their scarfs in drawers, ziplocks or envelopes, instead of the boxes.

Yeah, my first scarf-- my grail-- came without a box, and it was perfect! And there are some great ladies on here that will help you locate a scarf box if you need it; CobaltBlu was a sweetie and did that for me when I got my first H scarf and needed a box!

i don't always keep the scarf boxes. whenever i buy small items (belt, scarf) abroad, i always throw away the boxes or if i happen to buy in the airport, i'd tell the SA not to bother with box/paper bag.

i just store those scarves in a drawer. and when traveling, i pop them into ziplock bags.

I have bought many scarves without boxes. I do keep mine in boxes, which is not very efficient since I can't see them and many have "roommates" - because they were purchased without boxes. You can find boxes for sale from time to time on eBay. But a lot of people have wonderful systems for scarf storage and don't use boxes, so it doesn't hurt the scarf at all. It isn't good to keep silk in plastic bags all the time, as the silk needs to breathe, but plastic bags are good when you travel. I also keep one in my purse to pop my cashmere GM into so I can take it off and not worry about it getting lost or snagged.

If you really want one, there are plenty of H boxes for sale on eBay, as luvbolide indicated -- which is one reason why the fact that a scarf comes with a box is no guarantee of the scarf's authenticity.

Thank you everyone!! At least I know now it doesn't take away from the value of the scarf!
I am soo upset though, i missed out on my grail the feux de ciel scarf!! =(((

((hugs)) to you, luva pug. i'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your grail scarf this time. however, i'm sure the right one (better condition/price) would come to you...

Thank you everyone!! At least I know now it doesn't take away from the value of the scarf!
I am soo upset though, i missed out on my grail the feux de ciel scarf!! =(((

I can relate - I used to feel so sad when I missed out on a favorite...but truly, they always come around again. Sometimes you may have to wait for awhile, but it will happen. (And soon you will have so many scarves they will have to have "roommates" like mine do - 2 and 3 to a box!) :graucho:

While I don't think buying a scarf without the box reduces its value, I feel that a vendor that includes the box makes the item more marketable. I store my scarves in their boxes (with a name label on the end for ID) so if I don't get a box, it tend to calculate the cost of buying another into my bid.