Scarf / shawl ring (or holder)

Lady Luna

Jun 24, 2008
I was searching the whole database for a tread dedicated to scarf rings, but found only occasional comments here and there.
Was there ever a thread dedicated to scarf rings, their shapes, materials, colors. Weight consideration would be helpful, as I had some rings, or rather a square in my hands and was afraid that due to the weight it might slide down?
Mai Tai often uses them, but in some cases only a piece of it could be visible. And the selection in the stores is far from full, as I noticed.

I have a horn shawl ring (I guess it's the bigger size?) and it works GREAT on shawls, as well as scarves... :tup: And it is not very lightweight... I don't own a metal one but I did try one on in Bergdorf and it seemed to work great as well...

All of the metal ones are heavy to some degree, but the ones that look like an anchor chain are the heaviest of the bunch. I prefer my horn, mother of pearl/wood, palladium chain instead.

Does anyone collect scarf rings to share pictures with us.
I cannot use the scarves without some holding device, they untie immediately on me, no matter what I do. The only other way is to use glue or pins, but that would be a sacrilege.

That's why I want to know about as many types of rings that are in existence. I have 4 at the moment but always on the lookout for the new or different concept.

Me too is interested in horn rings Rose, I love the way they look on scarves

Can anyone tell me how to tell an authentic Hermes scarf ring, from a fake? What would I look for? For example, on some the Hermes name is stamped in sans serif lettering; on others, it's different. Any tips for telling if a ring is real? thanks:okay:

Reactions: Fashionprinces_
Me too is interested in horn rings Rose, I love the way they look on scarves

Lady Luna...if you click on the link that Rose posted, it will take you to a thread with lots of scarf ring info. You actually have to click on the words in her post.

I have the horn ring and the wood ring - both are very lightweight, so I don't find that they slide down the scarf. Another option for you would be to go directly to the Hermes website...under the "Silk" heading, click "Women", then "Scarf Rings". They have a pretty good selection, although no horn or wood.

Best of luck with your search!!

Last edited:
I love the Chain d'Ancre - is that what they are called? The heavy ones - an oval with a bar across the middle. I have them in several colors and metals. I like them because they are heavy so they hold the scarf down and I don't have to worry about my scarf blowing up and "kissing" me - and getting lipstick all over it. I have never had a problem with them falling off, but if you are worried, you can run the ends of the scarf through the ring from different directions.

The Cosmos rings - they are kind of like a ball with a bar across the middle - are quite light. I also use Murano glass rings - on those I definitely run one end of the scarf through from different directions because if one of those rings falls off, it is a goner. I have also gone to a high end fabric store and purchased belt rings that are variations on the round or oval shape with a bar across them. The only thing you need to be careful about on belt rings or glass rings is that there are no snags. I always run my finger around all of the edges a few times to make sure there is nothing which could snag a scarf.

I love scarf rings - plus I am knot challenged so this is the easiest way for me to wear my scarves!!

LadyLuna, here's an additional comparision pic of the 'Regate' (available on h.com) with the Chain d'Ancre horn and the Gavroche ring. I use the Regate ring quite often. It also works great with Plissés and the 70 Vintage scarves. Even though it's metal, it's lightweight.
Good luck!

Attachments

• DSC07318.jpg
    DSC07318.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,049
Dragonfly, what is the scarf you are using to model the scarf rings in that set? It's gorgeous!
It is a pochette, and we have always referred to it as "constellations". it was never released in a full carre size. I think it was released sometime in the late 90's came from the men's section sold as a pocket square.

Thank you for the nice compliment.

Thank you Dragonfly, MaiTai for pictures and everyone responding to my question.
I love to wear my scarves with rings, they sit better then tied ones, and I always check rings on H.com and in the store.
I do own chain d'ancre, cosmos, shawl ring that looks like chain(name?), 2 others are coming soon, but I am always on the lookout for something new and different.
Unfortunately, the store open display does not provide the big selection and to get inside the drawers I have to explain my SA what exactly I am looking for. Unfortunately it does not work so far for me "open your secret drawer and i will select what I like". Thanks to Kallie girl displays I discovered those gorgeous enamel rings, on TPF I saw horn and wood ones, but I was wondering which other versions are there that are not seen often.