Scarf question. Do you remove your care tags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just wondering if anyone removes the care tags on the Hermes scarves. Im about a second away from cutting mine off. It seems to always be showing and I have to always redo the scarf or try to tuck it. :s

2. I guess if it depends if you think you may ever part company with it. I probably wouldn't because I like things whole if you KWIM

3. Yes, I know. That is the only thing holding me back right now...

4. I'd like to but the dry-cleaners (where I live) request that care tags haven't been removed.

5. ^^^^^ that makes sense.

but sometimes I do think they should be removed, they are sometime hanging by a thread in which case I do get rid of them.

6. Yes, I have cut and thrown some away.

7. Nope I don´t.

8. On the whole, I leave the tags on but I have removed two. The first was on my small mousseline chiffon lozange - there was no way to hide it - too sheer plus the tag made the scarf sag a bit as it's so light. The second one was a cashmere scarf bought in the sale, the tag was already half-off so I just removed it completely. In both cases, I didn't need to cut anything, I just worked at the thread very gently, there's no knot and I have kept the tags and even the thread that I removed, lol. My taste in scarves has changed over the years and I have sold a couple on ebay so I like to keep tags on 'just in case', also, it just feels wrong removing the tags, although I know people who think it's wrong to leave them on. I suspect they probably should be removed but I can't usually bring myself to do the deed.

9. I mostly wear my scarves in a way that requires me to start off with the basic fold. I make sure the care tag goes into the first fold - that way it doesn't show. Sometimes this is not practical though, for instance if the care tag corner is prettier than the other ones. In that case, it's a question whether I love the scarf so much that I want to keep it forever... if the answer is yes, the scissors come out!

10. Never. I once had a conversation with a very sophisticated lady who worked on the continent a great deal and spoke perfect French and she told me that the French have no shame in allowing the care tage to show. I have no idea whether that was a load of flannel or not but she did operate in some very high circles so I took the view that I would follow the French.
    I do feel that removing the care tag in some way emasculates the scarf but I can see where there are good reasons to take them off very light weight items. If a corner comes loose ( and this has only happened once in many years of heavy-duty scarf wearing) I resew it on - very carefully!

11. I NEVER remove the care tags, and always wear the scarf so the tag is hidden.

12. I haven't removed the tags from any of the scarves I currently own and don't plan to. However, I recently purchased a scarf from ebay that doesn't have a care tag and I'll see when I get it whether it perturbs me or not!

13. Always (I keep them with the info label and stories in labeled envelopes).

14. I don't but if it comes off with heavy use, I don't bother to stitch it back either

15. Good advice, ladies. :smile:
    I think I would keep the care tags on as well. :smile: