Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go, Moma! The design of Les Amoureaux de Paris (designed in 1951 by Maurice Tranchant) depicts a map of Paris, complete with famous landmarks, and silhouettes of 23 sets of lovers (listed pretty much left to right, top to bottom). This is my list, so I apologize for any errors -- I learned a lot, though! (Google each couple for remarkable histories)
1. Rodin – Rose (Bueret)
2. Le Chateau de Verre (film) Michèle Morgan– Jean Marais* (actors)
3. Louise – Julien* (opera “Louise”)
4. Chopin – George Sand
5. Jean-Jacques Rousseau – Sophie d’Houdetot
6. Josephine – Bonaparte
7. Moliere – Armande Béjart
8. Lauzun – La Grande Mademoiselle (Antoine Nompar de Caumont, duc de Lauzun and Anne Marie Louise d'Orléans, Duchess of Montpensier)
9. Victor Hugo and Juliette Drouet
10. Manon – Des Grieux* (novel Manon Lescaut, then opera Manon)
11. Marguerite Gautier – Armand Duval* (novel La Dame aux Camélias)
12. Henry IV – La Belle Gabrielle
13. André Chénier – Aimée de Coigny
14. Madame Recamier – Chateaubriand
15. Mme. de Staël – Benjamin Constant
16. Ninon de Lenclos – Villarceaux
17. Villon – la Grosse Margot* (poem “Ballad of the Fat Margot”)
18. Lamartine – Elvire* (poem “A Elvire”)
19. Duchesse de Langeais – Armand de Montriveau* (novel “Scènes de la vie Parisienne” section of La Comédie Humaine)
20. Julien Sorel – Mme. de Rênal* (novel Le Rouge et Le Noir)
21. Balzac – Mme Deberny
22. Héloïse – Abélard
23. Mimi – Rodolphe* (opera La Bohème)
Thank you ABQ2ATL! I like very much being a student at the Hermès Academy and you are my favourite lecturer!

Thank you, frou frou, for the excellent article on Bali Barret. Loved it! I think in my next life I will come back for her job!
These photos are from yesterday - not accurate for theme but shared to show how hard my scarves work on a daily basis. Often they 'migrate', whether from one knot to the next or, as in this example, from my head down to my neck and then into various knots to address the internal and external temperature fluctuations that are part of daily existence. My long-standing trick for getting a scarf to stay on as a turban : small pieces of fashion tape on the skin behind my ears. Yes, I essentially tape the scarf to my head. :hrmm: I know this sounds crazy but it works for me. The tape is invisible to the eye, keeps the scarf in place and has never damaged any silk so I go with it. This is a day in the life of my 90cm Flore et Faune du Texas. Happy weekend to all.

Attachments

• IMG_9465.jpg
    IMG_9465.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_9471.jpg
    IMG_9471.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_9478.jpg
    IMG_9478.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 756
  • IMG_9494.jpg
    IMG_9494.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 765
Reactions: Pudfish
IMG_4749.JPG A bit late, but here are some of the architectural elements on Escales Mediterranéenes, already posted by our esteemed Scarf Mistress.

I am feeling pretty excited because I managed to get one of my HG scarves via eBay yesterday! It wouldn't be anyone else's, I don't suppose, but it fits nicely with my interest in the ancient world. Will show it next week when it arrives.

Also, for anyone following my blog, my latest post is on Zebra Pegasus. I only have the gavroche, but I know lots of tPF members have multiple colourways in multiple formats! Please le me know if you don't want me to mention my blog on here. It is not a money-making enterprise, but simply a way of helping my mental health as I cope with being chronically ill and bedridden most of the time. It has really helped me to do something creative again and fulfills my Librarian's need to do research!

Hello all!:flowers:This is such a great theme, but I haven't worn a scarf all week! I have a pic of a couple of my scarves with contrast hems. I do have one "action" pic to share, Its not of me and and it's not my scarf! So here is my LO wearing grandmas Jardin d'hiver on a crisp spring day in the park. Thank you for letting me share and I have enjoyed all the contrast scarves! :flowers:

Attachments

• IMG_3065.JPG
    IMG_3065.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_3064.JPG
    IMG_3064.JPG
    493.1 KB · Views: 369
Status
Not open for further replies.