Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Today's rainy and chilly weather called for CSGM and colorful, which happen to be the case of my only horse-themed scarf, Cavaliers du Caucase.

Per Hermès, these horsemen are Circassians, from the Republic of Karbardino-Balkaria in the Caucasus, "noted for their fine looks, fierce pride and courage. Women hold a place of honor in this matriarchal society. In the past, richly-attired men and women would ride out together on the region’s Kabarda horses, bred for their robust strength, agility and endurance".

I know very little about horses, and have never heard of Kabarda or Kabardin horses, so I found this fascinating article about this ancient breed, "which is said to be the best mountain breed in the world"

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0853 (1).jpegIMG_0852.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh swooooon! That magenta is magnificent on you!!!!
Thank you so much! :hugs:
View attachment 6001762View attachment 6001763View attachment 6001764View attachment 6001765I have more horse related scarves than I realised!

Galop Chromatique 3 ways and Tea Time
Fantastic - I think Galop Chromatique is just a wonderful design!
And Space Derby with the futuristic horses in various ways, two formats (90 and twilly) and two colours.

View attachment 6001768View attachment 6001769View attachment 6001770View attachment 6001771
That hem is incredible!
Thank you, Cookie!

Congrats on this beauty ... it is sublime!
Thank you sweetheart! :hugs:
View attachment 6001773View attachment 6001774On a roll here:

Cheval Punk from the mens collection, jacquard Cosmos, special edition for the Queen's Jubilee and Cite Cavaliere
Gorgeous!
The most amazing Grail Mail arrived yesterday just in time for Horse Week -----> Hippopolis. Hippos is the Greek word for Horse so this scarf is basically horse city! The detail is outstanding. I showed it to my 14 year old daughter and she said mom you should get that, so I did. What a treasure she is!

The whole design appears to be one horse jumping over another in a statuesque array reminiscent of the Eiffel Tower. There are loads of nods to Hermès from its famous caleche logo to the words Sellier and Saut and even the rather large winged foot of Mercury / Hermes, all that remins of the statue that must have broken from the various shenanigans the horses have gotten up to.

It's a joy to peruse this work of art and I'm so happy to own this one now. The little horse in sunnies on the roof of the bulding supported by two columnular horses is my favorite. And the little plump man riding one fo the horse head's in a Pinochio style mask.... oh reminds me a of a certain controversial public figure in the US.

Just a quick mod shot before I wear it for real :heart:

View attachment 6001782View attachment 6001781
Congratulations - I love a scarf that invites a person to take a close look at all the shenanigans!
Today's rainy and chilly weather called for CSGM and colorful, which happen to be the case of my only horse-themed scarf, Cavaliers du Caucase.

Per Hermès, these horsemen are Circassians, from the Republic of Karbardino-Balkaria in the Caucasus, "noted for their fine looks, fierce pride and courage. Women hold a place of honor in this matriarchal society. In the past, richly-attired men and women would ride out together on the region’s Kabarda horses, bred for their robust strength, agility and endurance".

I know very little about horses, and have never heard of Kabarda or Kabardin horses, so I found this fascinating article about this ancient breed, "which is said to be the best mountain breed in the world"

View attachment 6001783

View attachment 6001785View attachment 6001784
Such a lovely design and a marvelous color!

View attachment 6001783

View attachment 6001785View attachment 6001784
Very neat details. It looks like an Annie Faivre design.

Reactions: Helena7
Love all the reds and pinks!

You always look so good in grey, and I love the rose accents.

Kitty!!! Looking forward to seeing the scarf mail.

A beautiful scarf
Thank you AnnaE!!!

SOTD with La Promenade de Platon. There are some horses on this oneView attachment 6001714
The mix of deep reds and blue is a beautiful combo for you AnnaE!

Thank you sweetheart! It is still rainy and gray here too…sorry… Imma keeping my ‘sunshine’! :lol:

Fantastic looks Bunny!

Oh gosh - that is really pretty on you!

Gorgeous.

Beautiful scarves!

Beautiful grays!
I - uh - love the knot but in the explanation my brain got confuzzled…
I think I understand what you did, but ain’t no way I’ll ever manage it! :lol:

Beautiful moussies are always on theme! Besides - I honestly thought Ceintures et Liens had something to do with horse reins!
So - ahem - on topic! :woot:

Fascinating Anna!
(And thank you for giving me some ideas!)

Gorgeous blues!
Thank you Cookie!

So today, I’m off theme - but I had scarf mail! :dothewave:

So… people ride horses right?
How about a man riding a turtle?
View attachment 6001720
Lookie there - back on theme! :lol:

Urashima Taro
View attachment 6001721
Congrats on this stupendous swath of pinkness!!!!

View attachment 6001762View attachment 6001763View attachment 6001764View attachment 6001765I have more horse related scarves than I realised!

Galop Chromatique 3 ways and Tea Time
LOOOVE that Gallop Chromatique!!! Such pretty shades.

And Space Derby with the futuristic horses in various ways, two formats (90 and twilly) and two colours.

View attachment 6001768View attachment 6001769View attachment 6001770View attachment 6001771
Fantastic bright red on this!

View attachment 6001773View attachment 6001774On a roll here:

Cheval Punk from the mens collection, jacquard Cosmos, special edition for the Queen's Jubilee and Cite Cavaliere
Cosmos is always :love:

The most amazing Grail Mail arrived yesterday just in time for Horse Week -----> Hippopolis. Hippos is the Greek word for Horse so this scarf is basically horse city! The detail is outstanding. I showed it to my 14 year old daughter and she said mom you should get that, so I did. What a treasure she is!

The whole design appears to be one horse jumping over another in a statuesque array reminiscent of the Eiffel Tower. There are loads of nods to Hermès from its famous caleche logo to the words Sellier and Saut and even the rather large winged foot of Mercury / Hermes, all that remains of the statue that must have broken from the various shenanigans the horses have gotten up to.

It's a joy to peruse this work of art and I'm so happy to own this one now. The little horse in sunnies on the roof of the building supported by two columnular horses is my favorite. And the little plump man riding one of the horse head's in a Pinocchio style mask.... oh reminds me a of a certain controversial public figure in the US.

Just a quick mod shot before I wear it for real :heart:

View attachment 6001782View attachment 6001781
Blow me down!!! Fantastic and congratulations!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: paula24jen
Finally wore my Selle Imaginaire for the first time. It still had the paper tag attached to the fabric tag! I had thought this was one of the very few 90s I have with no animals on it, but then I saw Kluska peeking out by my shoulder. Twins with @redheaddem I believe.

View attachment 6001541

Ooh, so good of you to finally wear this one 😍 We are twins indeed! I struggled with this one in the beginning, but know it is one of my favourite designs and cw for summer 😋

• Love
Reactions: EtsyBoss
Big hugs yo my silky friends!
Today is blue t shirt day for me, so here are my cheval scarves for today.
1. Pani Shar La Pawnee bandana in cw 02. (55 cm) K. Oliver
2. Les Mustangs cw 04 reissue in 70cm
3. Les Mustangs II cw 01 (double sided, modern take on the original) 90cm
4. Pony Express cw 03 ( reissue in 70cm) K. Oliver
5. Les Ameriques 90 cm K. Oliver
6. Texas Wildlife 90cm K. Oliver

Now for the photos😊

IMG_5573.jpegIMG_5578.jpegIMG_5587.jpegIMG_5583.jpegIMG_5589.jpegIMG_5591.jpegIMG_5601.jpegIMG_5603.jpegIMG_5604.jpegIMG_5610.jpegIMG_5611.jpegIMG_5616.jpeg

Big hugs yo my silky friends!
Today is blue t shirt day for me, so here are my cheval scarves for today.
1. Pani Shar La Pawnee bandana in cw 02. (55 cm) K. Oliver
2. Les Mustangs cw 04 reissue in 70cm
3. Les Mustangs II cw 01 (double sided, modern take on the original) 90cm
4. Pony Express cw 03 ( reissue in 70cm) K. Oliver
5. Les Ameriques 90 cm K. Oliver
6. Texas Wildlife 90cm K. Oliver

Now for the photos😊

View attachment 6001985View attachment 6001988View attachment 6001989View attachment 6001990View attachment 6001991View attachment 6001992View attachment 6001994View attachment 6001996View attachment 6001999View attachment 6002000View attachment 6002001View attachment 6002002
I die! That's a lot of KO on display. I could not survive this flurry of beauties. I believe I am officially Knocked Out -- KO'd by KO!

That bandana to lead off is such a gorgeous shade of blue, probably my favorite of all of the blues ever. I must find one..... and the way you've tied Les Ameriques to show off the howler monkey.... back on my radar. And the Texas Wildlife, I'll never find one in that shade of blue. You are one lucky lady @Ladybaga! Not to mention the prettiest smile on tPF too.