Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have any Annie Faivre but I do have 1 design that has a monkey!!

I wore Lanternes gavroche today (I have two and wore them together). I love the colors on these :smile:View attachment 5790433View attachment 5790434
Oh my gosh so beautiful!! Two of the same color way, or different color ways? I've picked up 45's in complimentary cw's and wear them together or separately... but now I'm wondering if I should try two of the same color? :idea:

Last edited:
Hi there. I happened to be at a monkey exhibition today (true story) and found these two H models. Red shanked duc and colobus monkey.

I am warming up to wanting the Hermes story scarf. I have abstained due to the iPhone in the motive, which I find misplaced, but there are so many great animals in there. Hmmm. Choises, choises. And which cw?? Please Give me your best advice!
View attachment 5790274
@HermesEchidna, love that you happened to be at a monkey exhibition today! What synchronicity.

I, too, had been hesitant about the Story scarf - for me, it was the rocking horse. My DD is way to grown up for this design in her bedroom (in fact she's graduating college tomorrow!) and I couldn't see it around my neck. But thanks to you, @FlaTiger, @EtsyBoss, and @LKBNOLA, I've circled back to take a closer look and... that marron glacé / bleu nuit / petrol has just taken up residence in my heart. Alors, you're all wonderful enablers! @HermesEchidna let us know which color way you choose!

I have the Hermes story in that blue CW you have shown in the top left corner. It's a good CW for me. It's really up to you as to the 'best' colorway for you. There is the colorway with the brown background that has mostly navy animals that loads of TPFers went wild over. It was too dark on me. I found the white background one too muted for me. The medium blue was 'just right'...LOL :smile: There is also a black one, red one, light pink and light blue. If you look through the Spring/Summer 2022 thread, you can find lots of pics.

Hermes Story.. to enable @HermesEchidna :yahoo: I had to have this one because it has 3 different primates on it, none very well hidden, but that's okay! Originally I picked up the pink one because I was going to frame and hang it then ooops I love wearing it too much. Then I decided I needed the black one too, and am definitely open to a third.

Here's to the douc langur, ring-tailed lemur, and beautiful little marmoset which in French is oustiti .. a name I have always loved the sound of. And then to learn it's what French say instead of 'cheese' when posing for a photo. You cannot *not* smile when saying "oustiti."

Incidentally, there are also little monkeys called "titi monkey" that live in South America. They form such close pair bonds that couples sitting together twine their tails tightly together like corkscrews. Primatologists have studied them to learn more about monogamy and pair bonding and found they show physiological evidence of depression when separated from their partner. Sad, but so sweet.

View attachment 5790340

View attachment 5790341

View attachment 5790342
Love learning more about these amazing primates @EtsyBoss! And the scarf is fantastic on you with your hair.

For further enabling, I am twins on the black and have another as well. @EtsyBoss, I love your primate "glosses" on our scarves. Did you know that your pink colorway is the exact base/border as the pink nacre Lanternes Ballons & Cockardes? It is amazing how the other colors can change how the same colors "read" in a design...For @HermesEchidna-- I was a late convert to this one but was lured to the black cw by @laurenad and am so happy I succumbed. Sorry for the color nerding!
Hermes Story 09- rose nacre/bleu/beige
Lanternes, Ballons 07 - beige/rose nacre/bordeaux
Color nerding is always welcome here @LKBNOLA! And this is so interesting to point out - H approaches color like no other.

Oh my gosh so beautiful!! Two of the same color way, or different color ways? I've picked up 45's in complimentary cw's and wear them together or separately... but now I'm wondering if I should try two of the same color? :idea:

Thank you MsMarzipan! These are the same color way. I loved this color way so much and wanted some more versatility for knotting. I have a big face and a big chest and one gavroche feels so small on me ;)

I like the result but for the price of these two one could almost have a 90... So I will try to stick to 90' but the 45' are so lovely this season, I have a hard time resisting lol

I woke up this morning and was in the frame of mind to wear On the Beach. I remembered seeing a monkey on it, so I wasn't straying too far off theme. Turns out that I was wrong :woot: It wasn't just one monkey. It was a whole troop of them! I counted 18! :faint:
View attachment 5787565
I am not fond of monkeys. So I was horrified when a monkey entered my house through a back door last month. It opened my fridge. Luckily, I have a 2-door fridge and the bottom half is the freezer. When all it saw were the freezer drawer fronts, it shut the door and left. DH spotted it roaming nearby 2 weeks ago, so it's still around somewhere. DS2 was home during the primate invasion and I think the noise he made moving around was one of the reasons the monkey left. He snapped this pic of it. :nogood:
View attachment 5787566
Oh my word! We all like to think monkeys are clever, curious and charming, but wow, opening and closing a refrigerator is BEYOND!
Must have been frightening for both parties !

And I relate, people think deer are so cute here but they are truly invaders and have lethal horns and kicks ! Our little pup went out using his doggie door and collided with a momma deer that kicked him feeling threatened he was rushing for her baby. Fortunately he was xrayed and no serious damage except for some bruising and now he looks very carefully before going out he doggie door! Lessons learned!

Back on topic- this scarf detail is awesome!

Hi there. I happened to be at a monkey exhibition today (true story) and found these two H models. Red shanked duc and colobus monkey.

I am warming up to wanting the Hermes story scarf. I have abstained due to the iPhone in the motive, which I find misplaced, but there are so many great animals in there. Hmmm. Choises, choises. And which cw?? Please Give me your best advice!
View attachment 5790274
I keep being tempted by that cute bird!

I

This scarf is so versatile! it really suits you!

I do not own hermes story either, it as a lovely scarf ;)

So summery and fresh, love it!

I love how you wear more classic styles in such a modern way! This is very inspirational, thank you for sharing!

Both are stunning, but the black one is very special imo, really gorgeous!

Thank you so much!!!

I wore Lanternes gavroche today (I have two and wore them together). I love the colors on these :smile:
View attachment 5790434

Omg I love this too!!! You have two in the same color? Show us more about how this tie job is working?

Reactions: CedarWaxWing
Thank you MsMarzipan! These are the same color way. I loved this color way so much and wanted some more versatility for knotting. I have a big face and a big chest and one gavroche feels so small on me ;)

I like the result but for the price of these two one could almost have a 90... So I will try to stick to 90' but the 45' are so lovely this season, I have a hard time resisting lol
I understand what you mean about wanting more silk surface for your knotting. Brilliant solution! And what a lovely 45 it is - agree, it's a good year for gavs!

I’m theme-adjacent today… Sous le Charme D’Orphee has lots of animals but apparently no monkeys. Including a pic of the leopard instead.

View attachment 5790261

View attachment 5790262
Beautiful @Jereni-- lovely sweater to go with it too.
That scarf is amazing but so is your jacket! What a lovely pink! Both go very well together.

I wore Lanternes gavroche today (I have two and wore them together). I love the colors on these :smile:View attachment 5790433View attachment 5790434
Your cw of the Lanternes gav is wonderful @redheaddem and the two gav strategy is one employed here by @Cookiefiend and @Snausages-- I tried it because of them-- using two different designs then same design in two cws. It is a great way to finesse a 90 size! (and thank you for the jacket compliment!)
Oh my word! We all like to think monkeys are clever, curious and charming, but wow, opening and closing a refrigerator is BEYOND!
Must have been frightening for both parties !

And I relate, people think deer are so cute here but they are truly invaders and have lethal horns and kicks ! Our little pup went out using his doggie door and collided with a momma deer that kicked him feeling threatened he was rushing for her baby. Fortunately he was xrayed and no serious damage except for some bruising and now he looks very carefully before going out he doggie door! Lessons learned!

Back on topic- this scarf detail is awesome!
That sounds truly scary for you and your little pup @lanit! We have coyotes here (or rather coy-wolves) and some people leave food for them but they are very predatory to small pets! I am sure there are scarves with wolves such as Le Premier Chant, which I mention to stay on topic! ;)
I keep being tempted by that cute bird!
You mean this one? (No enablement intended, of course @Teaforparrots!) Just remember what Oscar Wilde said, "I can resist everything except temptation."
Hermes Story 6.jpg
Omg I love this too!!! You have two in the same color? Show us more about how this tie job is working?
The way that I do it, @Jereni is to bias fold both gavs and knot one end (a very small chain d'ancre like the Mai Tai petite size also works well to secure the ends). Place the tie behind your neck and voila! Proceed to knot in any bias fold style. I usually just use a ring or tie it.
I, too, had been hesitant about the Story scarf - for me, it was the rocking horse. My DD is way to grown up for this design in her bedroom (in fact she's graduating college tomorrow!) and I couldn't see it around my neck. But thanks to you, @FlaTiger, @EtsyBoss, and @LKBNOLA, I've circled back to take a closer look and... that marron glacé / bleu nuit / petrol has just taken up residence in my heart. Alors, you're all wonderful enablers! @HermesEchidna let us know which color way you choose!

Color nerding is always welcome here @LKBNOLA! And this is so interesting to point out - H approaches color like no other.
I have to confess that I have been on a major color-nerding jag lately! And a propos of that, @MsMarzipan, that marron glace H Story (I think @Jereni recently acquired it) is a stunning cw. I don't often buy a scarf *just* for color but the marron glace of that season (it was also on Bouquets Selliers GT, Grand Tralala CSGM and Sous l'Egide de Mars wash 90!) was irresistible.

Last edited:
Happy Friday, dear scarifies! I am a huge AF fan and have quite a few monkeys but my work kept me too busy this week to search for them - alas I will catch up at some other time. I still wanted to share my scarf of the day - it is not on topic, but isn’t 90 percent to success just showing up (according to Woody Allen)? :smile: I am off to dinner and wearing my Sieste. This CW reminds me of the Japanese lacquer boxes - the gold etching is so intricate! Have a great weekend everyone!

C822D31B-35B9-435B-A6DA-23C50C11151C.jpeg

Thank you @Maedi! I think it would also look nice with a neutral camo sweater I got inspired by you, actually!

I don't think I have seen this cw of Sintra @HermesEchidna-- it looks perfect with your blue top and brooch.

Well, your Japanese Baboon may have the right attitude, but you have the right scarf @Coco2606! This is lovely on you!

I am surprised by how true this is too, @orchard! I have added many more brights to my collection in the last few years...

Beautiful colors @monteverdi! I absolutely love the green/blue/teal combination. What a nice scarf mail-- congratulations!
Thank you. Zenobia is gorgeous on you and I enjoy your DH weighing in.

Last edited:
@HermesEchidna, love that you happened to be at a monkey exhibition today! What synchronicity.

Love learning more about these amazing primates @EtsyBoss! And the scarf is fantastic on you with your hair.

It’s a charming design and congratulations on your DD’s college graduation.

Reactions: Lellabelle
Happy Friday, dear scarifies! I am a huge AF fan and have quite a few monkeys but my work kept me too busy this week to search for them - alas I will catch up at some other time. I still wanted to share my scarf of the day - it is not on topic, but isn’t 90 percent to success just showing up (according to Woody Allen)? :smile: I am off to dinner and wearing my Sieste. This CW reminds me of the Japanese lacquer boxes - the gold etching is so intricate! Have a great weekend everyone!

View attachment 5790488
Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.