Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That maxi-twilly is tdf! So chic!
Thank you kindly xcs!

That’s a lot for one week! The leather MT is a perfect antithesis to the week though. Very glamorous indeed (I do NOT look like this after repairs and yard work!)
It's a lot any time... :lol: And then there's the one about how during Icepocalypse I trekked on foot to the nearest Walgreens (1 mile) bought cat litter, canned soup, cat food and a spare blanket) and trekked back with all 25 lbs of stuff on foot. (I had to stop every 3-5 minutes to switch hands). When I finally got home, I was so tired I filled the tub (we DID have hot water) and jumped in. However, since we had no power, and no cell connections, I had no way of knowing my mom was braving the streets with no traffic signals and coming to our house. (She delivered some Bar BQ :doh: ) And when I heard the knock, I crawled out of the tub and yelled at the door "Who is it??! And what do you want???!!! Because I had used my last nerve for the day on that walk... :roflmfao:

Thank you kindly xcs!

It's a lot any time... :lol: And then there's the one about how during Icepocalypse I trekked on foot to the nearest Walgreens (1 mile) bought cat litter, canned soup, cat food and a spare blanket) and trekked back with all 25 lbs of stuff on foot. (I had to stop every 3-5 minutes to switch hands). When I finally got home, I was so tired I filled the tub (we DID have hot water) and jumped in. However, since we had no power, and no cell connections, I had no way of knowing my mom was braving the streets with no traffic signals and coming to our house. (She delivered some Bar BQ :doh: ) And when I heard the knock, I crawled out of the tub and yelled at the door "Who is it??! And what do you want???!!! Because I had used my last nerve for the day on that walk... :roflmfao:
Totally understandable. And I love that your mom would brave the icepocalypse to bring you bbq!

big hugs.

Totally understandable. And I love that your mom would brave the icepocalypse to bring you bbq!

big hugs.
It was a good thought and MR BC (and the cats) loved every bit of it. I had to put it in an ice chest, since we couldn't open the fridge or freezer and undo what cold we had in there. There was plenty of ice outside and I collected it falling out the trees before Mr BC made it to the store with a friend and picked up 3 bags for the cooler.

I will never forget how she quietly meeped "it's me....squeeeeeekkkk...." I felt terrible but we get a whole lot of unannounced door knockers and the video doorbell was (of course) not working. Next time, I'll just tell her to :bagslap: me... :lol:

And then there's the one about how during Icepocalypse I trekked on foot to the nearest Walgreens (1 mile) bought cat litter, canned soup, cat food and a spare blanket) and trekked back with all 25 lbs of stuff on foot. (I had to stop every 3-5 minutes to switch hands).
May I suggest a small trolley/grocery cart or other wheeled container to add to your Icepocalyse prep? I had a good foldable one that I used for short trips to the supermart.

These are all fabulous @Barbette and I love that Animapolis twilly!

I’ve never thought to identify the different flowers in a design (beyond roses) - the beauty is in the details! Lovely mums @xincinsin

Your giraffes are lovely @Coco2606

Lovely blues @FizzyWater

@Living.la.vida.fifi your new-ins are uh MAY zing! That moussie does have a changeant effect!

More fabulous giraffes! Love this pairing @Naessi

@Croisette7 this ensemble is fantastic!

Perfect top with PeF @Redbirdhermes / makes the blues really pop

That top is the perfect match for that divine hem @mktlim

Who can resist a good pink? Both are gorgeous @Cookiefiend

Gorgeous riot of color @EtsyBoss

@Karenska this is just lovely against the soft pink! The @Cookiefiend knot is always elegant!

@hermesguy I’m with you in my avoidance of large patterns but this is such a classic and pairing it with the navy makes the light blue and pink come alive

Congrats @sparklehop and love the shawl too!

Always masterful pairings and knots @LKBNOLA snd I adore the earrings you’re wearing with Triplets
Thank you so much!
Ok, whipped out the Magic Umbrella yesterday and inspired by @Living.la.vida.fifi paired it with a chunky necklace. Ha - I should wear this on Mardi Gras!
View attachment 5712027

And today I took the paper tags off two Amis gavs
View attachment 5712028
Your Magic Umbrella is tdf!

I am starting to get caught up. Everything from the past week has created an avalanche of things to be done around here. In addition to all of the research for solar equipment (for next time) and beginning a safety update for my studio, I got up on the roof after everything melted to trim some limbs, and we did get some roof damage. So we immediately called a roofing place recommended to us to try and get an appointment since more rain was on the way. Luckily, he fit us in, and did a quick patch to protect the torn shingles and will come and replace them when it dries up here. So very very many plants in the yard to either cut back, dig up or just plain replace after all this. I spent the other day chopping back the big prickly pear that didn't make it and replanting any of the firm (I don't know what it is called in English) nopales in hopes they will root and cutting back two ratty Crepe Myrtles. That wore me out!

As for scarves- Acte iii hasn't seen the sun since last year some time, so I took an opportunity to wear that the other day (before all the yard work and roof climbing...)
View attachment 5712031

And today, the leather ended maxi twilly that rarely sees the light of day, because it is fairly dressy, and since 2020 I have been living the opposite of dressy. I didn't even want to attempt to put a scarf ring on it to hold it, so I used one of my Hapi bracelets as a scarf ring belt for it. :smile:

View attachment 5712032
Glad you are safe after such a week, Bunnycat. I love the way you tied your Acte III and you look so glam in your chic MT.

Sleeping Beauty week is forcing me to re-evaluate my strategy of seasonal duplicates-- do I really need to do that when I have the number of scarves I do now? I need to rethink my approach so as to give more beauties fewer naps. Here's an example of where my good intentions went a bit astray. Inspired by @GloWW0rM -- I thought, "Oh, i haven't worn my pink Zambeze recently." Well when I reviewed my mod shots "recently" was April 2020 or so. Partly because I succumbed to the black Zambeze and that just took up all the Zambeze oxygen in the room for a good while. Then I went a bit berserk when I heard the wash scarves were being discontinued and got a light blue one too! Eek. Oooops. Gah!
BUT, sometimes the kiss of another scarf will wake a beauty up and lure her out of her thorny bier. @Lellabelle mentioned pairing her Lanternes with a raspberry top as I had and suddenly it occured to me that I could "winterize" the pink Zambeze by matching it up with some jewel tones instead of linen pastels and neutrals...
View attachment 5711502
Yes! Great strategy, Lkb, your blouse and sweater bring out the berry colors beautifully.

Reactions: LKBNOLA and Nomad
Forgive the double post, dear Scarfies but I am traveling to New Orleans in the morning and will not have time tomorrow!
I promise to give my Very Useful Raspberry Colored top a rest after today, but I'd been meaning to try this color with my Sleeping Zabavushka, who tends to wake up only in December... I had tried it with bright blue to see if I needed a blue Costumes de Fete and I saw @Croisette7 post my twin cw with deep pink and I thought Hello! What a great idea.
View attachment 5711960
And here's some recent scarf mail from a dear (and generous) scarfie friend. So delighted to have this charming design! I do not usually seek out orange, but this adorable Les Triples is truly cute in this cw. I may look a bit like a Creamsicle, but those three little imps and their Paris antics make me smile... (flat photo below for those curious)
View attachment 5711969
View attachment 5711971
Safe journey, Lkb, and enjoy. Zabavushka definitely gets a new look with your versatile blouse. Lovely. Congratulations on Les Triplets - will be lovely in spring, much like my Regina, which shares similar colors. And you don’t look like a creamsicle at all! Although I might resemble a popsicle with my orange sweater :lol:.
243B5E08-9537-420B-9CAE-FE3DB836DB1A.jpeg

Thank you kindly xcs!

Bunny, you are heroic! So is your mom.

I had been waiting for this Peuple du Vent (my other obsession besides Tapis Persans) mousseline changeante to pop up on my local resseller platform for so long! 3 years, I would say. I was overjoyed when I found it, late December, at a decent price; but I have been working so hard since then that I couldn't find some time to go to the shops and look for a sweater THE right color. I like it against black but I think that this color (or this no-color!) doesn't really do it justice. It deserves better; I actually don't know which color, though. I have admired it from time to time, between two work sessions and it has been sadly sitting in my drawer, awaiting less hectic times. Poor thing ;).

View attachment 5711094
It is STUNNING, Marie-the-Mary :faint:. What beauty, especially not sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.