Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. I love the black and red mix.

Love this.

These things tend to happen. I wear 140 mousselines way more than I ever thought I would.

The red lover in me is in awe. Wow!!!!!

Stunning!!!! I love the coat. Do you know what color the CDC is? I have been trying to expand my lizard CDC collection…

Lovely. I have been hunting for this specific one for a while. It looks wonderful with this top.
Thank you, Anna. Encadre, simple as it is, is a beautiful draping shawl that showcases the delicate, elegant CS weave. I just love it.

A horseback riding day typically means a cotton 70 for me (you can’t really see in the horse picture, but obviously I can’t resist posting it). This is Gardiens Des Arbres.

View attachment 5709448

View attachment 5709449
Beautiful pics. You, the horse and the scarf - and how happy you look! I do like cotton squares too - as well as jersey silk, which I find very easy to wear in summer, and they are somewhat more resistant to sweat and the elements:smile: I wish H would produce more cotton!

I had a realization along the same lines: I only have 2 csgms and I wear them much more than all my 90s combined. I didn’t think csgms would be practical for me, but history tells a different tale!
Hehe - same here. I always reach for CSGM - and tend to carry one with me every day in summer. They are small when folded, don't get wrinkled (especially vintage ones with thicker cashmere). They are also more resistant to wear. I got stranded once under one of those epic thunderstorms (Ida I think), it was in Manhattan, I had an umbrella but nevertheless before I made it to the subway everything was soaking wet - including my H shawl. I was so upset - I thought I ruined it. I came home, air dryed it - and voila - it is good as new. I was stunned - and impressed with quality. I doubt the silk would be able to handle such heavy duty elements!

Hehe - same here. I always reach for CSGM - and tend to carry one with me every day in summer. They are small when folded, don't get wrinkled (especially vintage ones with thicker cashmere). They are also more resistant to wear. I got stranded once under one of those epic thunderstorms (Ida I think), it was in Manhattan, I had an umbrella but nevertheless before I made it to the subway everything was soaking wet - including my H shawl. I was so upset - I thought I ruined it. I came home, air dryed it - and voila - it is good as new. I was stunned - and impressed with quality. I doubt the silk would be able to handle such heavy duty elements!
Silk is actually very strong - I hand wash my 90's and they dry quickly as good as new! :smile:

Thank you to everyone for your warm words of appreciation and support. So glad that you al enjoyed the week as I had so much fun too-- and learned so much, and now have an exploded wish list of not only scarves, but tops, jackets and sweaters. May have to find myself a Bernina!
So lovely to see these pairing witht hese fun prints @Pirula. More inspiration!
For the end of this week now a bit of colorblocking and another two-scarf-day with black shirt and a bright blue cardigan. Hemisphaerium Coeli Boreale in the morning for my errands.
And for my relaxed afternoon at home with La Charmante aux Animaux gavroche.
View attachment 5709102View attachment 5709103
I love this @Katharina Luise, and you are proving a little point that color-blocking allows for quick change artistry on those two scarf days! I am sisters on the Charmante gav-- a favorite and would love to find Boreale (I shortened the name!). My father kept a telescope on the roof of my childhood home and regularly quizzed us on the night sky so it's a must for me!
No pattern mixing here, but a little attempt at colorblocking by adding layers. Worn out for a date with darling dude who endorses my H addiction, he's a keeper! It has warmed up here this morning to a drizzle instead of the freezing and frost of the last few days.

View attachment 5709145
Aw, you look so pretty for your date @EtsyBoss and I think color-blocking is THE way to go with this design-- don't think I'd want to compete with the color blocking that is going on on the scarf itself! A great look and the black top, scarf and the bright hem really bring out your hair and complexion... My dude is Supportive Partner camp too (only occasional eye rolls :rolleyes: )
Hi all! I have been hanging onto this all week. Amazing week, Lorna!

View attachment 5709149
Fantastic pairing @laurenad-- and so nice to see you! (and thanks!)
I had a realization along the same lines: I only have 2 csgms and I wear them much more than all my 90s combined. I didn’t think csgms would be practical for me, but history tells a different tale!
Oh dear. Same. I thought I'd never use them in New Orleans much either but...We are in trouble @Marmota!
Stay warm and cosy, dear ‘Nola, and enjoy that second coffee! (Still on my first). Great pairing all, and THANK YOU for your planning, thought, inspiration and encouragement this week. It is greatly appreciated.

Great pairings all (the ombre/camo is inspired), but... Those shoes with C’est la Fete!?! WOW! LOVE!!
:lol: I used to post scarf and shoe combos on this thread on occasion @Lellabelle! I have an embarassing number of velvet and linen and needlepoint loafer slippers with scarf-appropriate motifs. Have we talked about the support group for Shoe Addicts? And thank you for the camo complement! I also love it with "our" Lanternes... ahem.
SOTD color block Encadre with a vermillion sweater. Keeping warm on this frigid day. So this is soft texture on soft texture, I guess. What a fun week thanks to our Lkbnola! :woohoo:
View attachment 5709182
This is exactly the "color-blocking" encadre example I hoped you would share @Karenska!
Thank you for a wonderful week of pattern matching, @LKBNOLA . You truly outdid yourself each and every day. Pattern matching is one of my more dreaded topic weeks since I generally wear solid color tops, but your ideas really helped me to see additional possibilities in my wardrobe. And, the outfits posted by those here have been both beautiful and inspiring. Thank you, everyone.

I’m heading closer to my comfort zone today, with a textured top and Chorus Stellarum for my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5709186
Thank you so much for your lovely remarks @Redbirdhermes -- I loved seeing your choices. And since I already "did a thing" with this design, I am now wondering why I did not get this cw? Perfect match with your sweater and it is a great color for you...
Les Jardins d‘Hiver with my gobelin coat

View attachment 5709265
I have only three things to say: perfection, stunning and wow. Amazing @Croisette7. Your coats and jackets are totally the equal of your beautiful scarf collection and that is an amazing achievement. I have a vintage gobelin jacket I must now retrieve and play with. Thank you so much for the beautiful inspiration. Your linen duster coat is a wonder.
Thanks for a wonderful week LKBNOLA!
Loving all the amazing examples (food for thought) and thanks for all the likes and comments.

A couple of last minute additions..
DuJA with animal print shirt
View attachment 5709276

Chasse with textured jacket
View attachment 5709277

Can't leave out a Liberty blouse.. or two!
View attachment 5709278

View attachment 5709279
Oh, @orchard these are fabulous-- so happy to see the Liberty print blouses and that beautiful textured jacket. And I am thrilled that I will be your and @Croisette7's Early America Twin-- a cw I searched for based on mod shots here...the border looks amazing on that blouse...
Hello Ladies, your posts have been so gorgeous.
My new-to-me scarf of the day is Photosynthèse by Téo De Gueltzl. It is a pattern on pattern design. One half (on a diagonal) represents flowers and the other half represents the shadows of these flowers drawn with tiny dots and tiny squares. I tried it on on a warm textured jumper but isn't the contrast between the lightness of the scarf and the thickness of the woolen jumper too sharp? This scarf was a lucky find for me, as I love flowery designs and am always on the lookout for some!

View attachment 5709282

View attachment 5709283
I think it looks wonderful with this tone on tone look echoing the scarf action @Marie-the-Mary. Congratulations on this find! It is a beauty and I love the fact that the floral diagonal side is mitigated by the pointillist side-- truly interesting visual effect and it makes it so versatile. it did not appear here in US and I know a few scarfies who were disappointed. A lovely addition.
I love you wearing this scarf under the blazer.

Did I compliment your intro already? Because I want to do it again.

Got to say that CW wasn’t even on my ears, but it’s stunning.

What an elegant match ❤️

Beautiful

Love all of these, but especially the top one
A horseback riding day typically means a cotton 70 for me (you can’t really see in the horse picture, but obviously I can’t resist posting it). This is Gardiens Des Arbres.

View attachment 5709448

View attachment 5709449
Thank you for the sweet compliments @AnnaE. I love cotton 70s also and wish they came up more! Your adorable photo with your beautiful horse looks like the cover of a children's book that could be titled A Girl and Her Horse! Just wonderful.
A marvelous finale, LKB, and so many inspirational looks. This week gave me lots of ideas! Thank you for hosting a truly fun week.

View attachment 5709462
View attachment 5709463
View attachment 5709464
View attachment 5709465
Beautiful looks but you still have Day 7 for even more inspiration! This has been a fun week for me. Thank you @Karenska!

Okay, these are all flat lays as it’s too cold at the moment for multiple wardrobe changes and I’m wrapped in layers. Apparently, after a little deeper digging at the back of the closet, I do have some prints, even a flower or two and a polka dot dress that I forgot I had! I don’t think we’ve seen any Ikat designs this week - so including a little summer shift that also has a colour blocked hem.

I’ve only tried one of these combos in real life (the Index Palmarum with the floral top, which also has matching pants). I will have to try a few of these out when summer comes!

52B4934A-A846-4EDA-862D-76DC79BA4B1C.jpeg

Edited to add scarf names, as I forgot to identify these. Left to right:
top row: Marche du Zambeze, Index Palmarum, Lazy Leopardesses
bottom row: Jungle Love Rainbow, Lazy Leopardesses (again), Robe Legere and Parures des Samourais

Last edited:
Pattern-Mixing Day 6: Buffer Zones and Color-Blocking

In New Orleans, the divider between one side of an Avenue or Street and the other-- what is elsewhere called "the median"-- is referred to as the Neutral Ground. Due to the influx of settlers after the Louisiana Purchase in 1793, Americans built across Canal Street, opposite the French Quarter and its European residents. Canal Street became the “neutral ground” for all races and classes to trade – so naming all medians throughout the City thereafter. During Mardi Gras, locals will even designate their meeting/viewing spots as "Sidewalk Side" or Neutral Ground Side." Here are some Mardi Gras parade watchers separated by multiple floats of yellow ducks...
View attachment 5707949

Well sometimes we may want a "neutral ground" for our scares when we are worried that the parade of pattern mixing is getting a little like the happy chaos pictured above! So for today, we are going to have a look at some other mix-and-match strategies, like color blocking, choosing a top that picks up the colors in your scarf without featuring a print.

Esprit de la Foret
View attachment 5707996
Kachinas (featuring stripes and color blocking!)
View attachment 5707997
J'aime Mon Carre
View attachment 5707998

Another strategy for toning things down during your print parade, is to use a buffer zone. Choose a neutral top and a patterned skirt or pants that complement your scarf instead. @Coco2606 and @MAGJES showed us this option earlier in the week...

Jaguar Quetzal hogging all the attention but a pair of fun print capris are not being shy either!
View attachment 5707999

Nouveaux Amoreux de Paris Bandana going neutral all the way with gingham pants and a white top
View attachment 5708001
La Danse de Chevaux double face (that @lalame just purchased) used as a cummerbund with a floral print skirt
View attachment 5708002

Another suggestion for toning down your pattern mixing is to consider the dip-dye, or surteint! These scarves are monochrome or minimally colored after having received a special dye bath so even if your scarf is a bright (which mine are not), they are a nice alternative to mix with prints, as the design is secondary to the color.

La Danse de Cheval Marwari (my favorite dip-dye but please don't tell the others) combined with a color block cardigan
View attachment 5708003

Aloha 70 with patterned trousers
View attachment 5708005

Brides de Gala dip-dye with a striped top
View attachment 5708006

And last but not least, the Perforé-- one color poked full of holes to outline the design! If you are really after color only, the perforé is your friend. And I hope those of you that have encadre or other basically single color or color with border silks will share those, too.
View attachment 5708007

So Scarflandia, please poke around in your closets and drawers and find some examples to put on parade. After all, Mardi Gras season is in full swing in New Orleans, so take a page from the Big Easy and have some fun experimenting with your costumes-- I mean outfits, of course! Of course. But please join the fun no matter what your SOTD! Laissez les bons temps rouler, y'all!
View attachment 5708030

Thank you, LKB, for hosting a compelling week, not only providing us with a framework every day, but also providing us with abundant inspiration, and one beautifully curated example after another from your own closet. From where I stand, you are certainly no imposter, but the authentic real real who shares and cares! It’s such a delight to have you on this forum, and I know everyone feels the same. Amazing week.

I would definitely appreciate more PdV archive shots of your beauties! My DD has "borrowed" my gris chine/marine but I think I need to shop for a bright-- they are so very very pretty.

Hello Scarflandia! After a really awful week, with many many problems, among them no power, no cell phone reception, and of course, trees falling down everywhere with the weight of thousands of pounds of ice, we finally appear to have power back as of this morning. It's going to be a lot of clean up, and a lot of re-thinking our current winter readiness prep here in this House of Cats... Our meager assortment of solar charging and storage batteries, and a few solar lamps and lights wasn't nearly enough. And while I liked sleeping in my cashmere scarves (along with a coat, 2 sweaters, gloves, knitted hat, long pants, socks and 3 blankets) I don't want to make a regular habit of it.

I hope you all had a great pattern on pattern week, and so sad I missed one of my favorite weeks.

I am so sorry to hear you went through this, Bunnycat! What a lot of discomfort, angst and annoyance to endure. Hopefully the cats snuggled with you and you had at least a Three Cat Night every night. It reminds me to reevaluate our earthquake preparedness because I know there’s more we should do for that. We have extra water, food, some lanterns, batteries, etc. in the city house. I even bought an REI tent to pitch in the living room to pile in together for sleeping at night to help maintain body heat in a small area, but we only have one dog at present unlike you with your treasure of cats. So glad your CGSMs also came to the rescue! I will consider that part of the plan! :smile:. Hopefully the clean-up goes more quickly than anticipated.

View attachment 5709448

View attachment 5709449
I love this photo of you with your horse. Magnificent! And I can just see a peak of your scarf in that one.
Happy belated birthday, CedarWaxWing, I hope you had a wonderful day and dinner. Both looks are lovely.
Thank you, Karenska!

Birthday Bootie from DW:
1) This last night, (I already have the silver but was wanting the brass too.) 561AACF1-4F8F-4126-ADF4-29672F004BBF.jpeg
2) And she ordered this, which is waiting for me back home.
Twins with @Snausages, and several of you! I was originally dubious about this design, but have watched all of you model the different colorways of Costumes En Fete, and am really looking forward to enjoying it. Thank you all for your help!
Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 9.55.55 AM.png

Hello Scarflandia! After a really awful week, with many many problems, among them no power, no cell phone reception, and of course, trees falling down everywhere with the weight of thousands of pounds of ice, we finally appear to have power back as of this morning. It's going to be a lot of clean up, and a lot of re-thinking our current winter readiness prep here in this House of Cats... Our meager assortment of solar charging and storage batteries, and a few solar lamps and lights wasn't nearly enough. And while I liked sleeping in my cashmere scarves (along with a coat, 2 sweaters, gloves, knitted hat, long pants, socks and 3 blankets) I don't want to make a regular habit of it.

I hope you all had a great pattern on pattern week, and so sad I missed one of my favorite weeks.
Oh honey. I'm so sorry - it has truly been awful for you and Chez BC. ❤️❤️❤️
I love you wearing this scarf under the blazer.

Did I compliment your intro already? Because I want to do it again.

Got to say that CW wasn’t even on my ears, but it’s stunning.

What an elegant match ❤️

Beautiful

Love all of these, but especially the top one
Thank you sweetheart!

View attachment 5709448

View attachment 5709449
You’re gonna break the internet with these fab photos! ❤️❤️❤️

We missed you too @bunnycat but I am relieved to hear that things are on an upward trajectory. Hope to see you back here very soon once you are thawed out and regrouped. Post storm clean-up is a bear. Good luck with it all... Sending my best wishes to you and Mr, BCat and the kitties.

Birthday Bootie from DW:
1) This last night, (I already have the silver but was wanting the brass too.) View attachment 5709558
2) And she ordered this, which is waiting for me back home.
Twins with @Snausages, and several of you! I was originally dubious about this design, but have watched all of you model the different colorways of Costumes En Fete, and am really looking forward to enjoying it. Thank you all for your help!
View attachment 5709559
Congratulations on your lovely thoughtful gifts! Your DW knows you well @CedarWaxWing -- and thank you-- I am happy you enjoyed the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.