Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All sorts of hooves, scales and fur on this beauty. Annie Faivre’s Jardin de La Maharani in blue/rose/white.
View attachment 5702126
I haven’t seen this CW before. It is gorgeous! And wonderful for your hair and skintone! :love:
Truly vintage, "bottom of the drawer" re-discovered this am...Harnais A L'Anglaise.
View attachment 5702139
View attachment 5702140
Very chic dear Hermesguy! And interesting what’s sleeping at the bottom of your drawer ;)
Oh I love it dear Coco! All of them, horse, donkey and scarf :love: And I absolutely need one of those scarves with slightly crazy horses in action! :lol:
SoTD - En Liberte!
View attachment 5702222
Archive of Sweet Dreams and a wild beast that’s probably on the scarf too.. :shocked:
(He was enjoying the sun on Sunset Key)
View attachment 5702223
View attachment 5702232
Beautiful scarf and interesting but scary beast! I am really happy to live in a part of the world where we don’t have visitors of this kind. And no bears, lions, tigers or anything dangerous like these! Though wolves are moving back in to our forests ;)
Mot my SOTD but on theme. New to me Kenya by Dallet with the leopard spots jacquard. I bought this to serve as a talisman hoping to see "cats" on a recent trip to Namibia. Wore it each night at dinner and the next day was successful spotting many cats (total 50+ [!!!] in 6 weeks).
View attachment 5702254View attachment 5702255View attachment 5702256
A classic as talisman! And beautiful photos! :heart:
Falling in love again with this beauty my DH gave me for Christmas one year, 12 Leopards. It's been almost a year since I've worn it. I love the kitties lounging amongst the books. My favorite little detail .. this time.. is the one who looks lost in a daydream, perhaps thinking of travels. I don't have a photo but I will always remember an exhilarating safari experience at night in a jeep with just a spot light, crashing through the bush hot on the trail of a leopard that had been spotted. We *did* see it and it was unforgettable. The only wild cat I saw before that was a bobcat on the side of the road in Montana. I wish I could see them more regularly like @Snausages! Lions were my first love though. If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I'd be in South Africa on safari watching the lions sleep.
View attachment 5702342
View attachment 5702344
It is really beautiful tied! :heart:

Not on theme, but actual SOTD. I was in need of some armour today, and so:
View attachment 5702533
This was a birthday gift last year, and (shame) is just getting its first proper outing. I don’t know why I keep thinking I have nothing that goes with it. I have lots that goes with it in the grey and blue spectrum. It’s my yellow-hesitance, I think!
This silk really should not remain in your drawer! This steely grey is gorgeous! Love it! The yellow is just the tiny bit of contrast that makes it shine even more imo! And with a crisp white shirt in summer and silver jewelry it would be stunning :love:
Good morning, having difficulties to keep up with the speed of this thread! SOTD is Les Jardins d’Arménie. Many paws, though I could not find any rabbit. Earlier this week DUJA and Orphée. View attachment 5702624View attachment 5702625View attachment 5702626View attachment 5702627View attachment 5702628View attachment 5702629
The more I see the Orphée the more I love it. But all three are absolutely beautiful :love:

Good morning, having difficulties to keep up with the speed of this thread! SOTD is Les Jardins d’Arménie. Many paws, though I could not find any rabbit. Earlier this week DUJA and Orphée. View attachment 5702624View attachment 5702625View attachment 5702626View attachment 5702627View attachment 5702628View attachment 5702629
Beautiful!
As my scarf of the day a big fat owl on my Kawa Ora :smile: View attachment 5702657View attachment 5702658
Gorgeous!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Agrume
Welcome to Day 2 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on kitties*! Housecats. Kittycats. Pussycats. Tomcats. Grimalkins. There are somewhere between fifteen and 73 breeds of cat, depending on your source. These include the fluffy Persian, the sleek Siamese, the tail-less Manx and the hairless Sphynx. The smallest breed is the Singapura, which weighs under 5 pounds. The largest breed is the Maine Coon (aka fluff monster) which can weigh as much as 25 pounds.

There are many famous cats: Morris, Grumpy, Smudge, Puss in Boots, Garfield, Sylvester, the Cheshire Cat.

Man’s love of feline companionship is not new. In ancient Egypt, cats were sacred animals, and often mummified at the sanctuary of the cat goddess Bastet or entombed with their owners’ remains. Abraham Lincoln had two cats, one which was fed with a gold fork, and the other which was reputed to be smarter than Lincoln’s whole cabinet. France launched a cat into space (Felicette, who was chosen for her calm disposition, survived the flight), and tradition has a mouser with Britain’s Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street.

Kitties are featured prominently in Daphne Duchesne’s Les Chats, Christine Henry’s Cave Felem, and Florence Manlik’s Le Chat Carre.

View attachment 5698836View attachment 5698830
View attachment 5698832I went searching my scarf drawer for a good ol’ grimalkin, and found them in Pierre Marie’s La Maison des Carres, and Dimitri Rybaltchenko’s Sur Mon Nuage.
View attachment 5698831View attachment 5698833
View attachment 5698834View attachment 5698835

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your kitties! Bonus points for showing your real life catkins!

(*Have no fear – wild cats will be featured later this week! And remember, any SOTD is on-theme!)
Hello, Scarfies! I am back in a limited way and will never be able to catch up, but I want to join in and so will start by following dear @Snausages’ journey as host, starting with Monday, as I already chimed in on bunnies.

These are wonderful examples of our feline-themed scarves, Snausages, and I love the cat information, being krazy for kitties. Le Chat is iconic. The reclining Sealpoint in the foreground reminds me of my beauty, Minette, a queen if ever there was one. You’ve seen this before but it’s worth showing again for this theme.
4D3FC0E4-3129-4865-9E68-FD55EC6692C3.jpeg

This is her son, Chiff, my beloved boy who left us on September 19. Wearing Dans un Jardin Anglais twilly.
3B947FA2-E45A-4915-A60B-6EBEAF2DD21D.jpeg
And a photo of a most adorable birthday card I received, photo by Rachel Hale, this little darling is all dressed up for tea and crumpets. She would look so fab in H silk :giggle:.
94F17D82-8B9D-4C92-A19C-E045B34E7267.jpeg

Oh, my goodness! Pages and pages of wonderful posts and silks-- I can never hope to catch up! I had a lovely lovely lunch with a scarfie friend on Wednesday and got home to a bit of a curve ball and have not been to surface until just now. All will be well and a few deep breaths later, here are some mod shots in my attempt to jump back in to the thread and the theme...
A shared twin goodness with my lovely young scarfie friend-- I was reminded how very very beautiful this cw of Into the Canadian Wild is. My first duplicate; started with the red hemmed one and added this because it was so soft and spring-like. But it is full of the wildlife even if they are a fauna of a different color...
Editing to add: The lovely glass ring on my twilly was made by our own @bunnycat!
ITCW .jpg
And here are some doggies from way back in the week on the twilly version of En Liberte, just as fetching (pun intended) as the 90!...
Twilly En Liberte!.jpg
And here, with my slightly uncooperative little Scout as a model, is my attempt at a "meta" mod shot with Tea for Two. This one gets me a rabbit, a cat, a horse, even a tiny dragon and of course, a pup. As a lifelong multi-generation four o clock tea drinker with a new puppy, y'all can see why I had to have this scarf!
Tea4Two.jpg
And now to scroll through the Week That Was...

Last edited:
Oh, good morning and thank you @Snausages-- what great scarves and examples. I wish we could have cats at my house but everyone is so allergic (including me!) so we have to admire from afar and love our hypo-allergenic dogs! If I did have a cat, it might be tempted to nestle into one of my orange boxes and become as flat as the little kitty on my SOTD: Le Chat Carre!
View attachment 5698838
Gorgeous and very dramatic, Lkb!

• Thanks
Reactions: LKBNOLA
Welcome to Day 3 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on dogs*! Puppers. Doggos. Pooches. Hounds. Man’s best friend. The largest registry of dog breeds identifies 300+ internationally-accepted breeds. The AKC breaks these down into seven groupings, organized by the original work that each breed was developed to do: Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding.

If you've known me for longer than a nanosecond, you know I'm crazy about my pups! My mom grew up with a cocker spaniel, so I grew up with a cocker spaniel, and since 1996 I've owned 7 and fostered 15 cocker spaniels. Spaniels don't appear much on Hermes scarves and when they do I'm a fan. I've got two colorways of Carl de Parcevaux's Chiens au Rapport which features four life-like drawings of field spaniels with their masters' hunted fowl (cocker spaniels are so named for specializing in retrieving fallen woodcocks), and two formats of Virginie Jamin's Colliers et Chiens (an evolution of Colliers de Chien, which I also have in two formats). Most recently Dimitri Rybaltchenko's Sur Mon Nuage includes his cocker spaniel Misty playing with a ball - looking an awful lot like my Elsa chasing Maple chasing a ball.

View attachment 5699548View attachment 5699549View attachment 5699547View attachment 5699546
View attachment 5699557
View attachment 5699555View attachment 5699554View attachment 5699553View attachment 5699552View attachment 5699551
View attachment 5699559
View attachment 5699566
And, as so many have noted Jan Bajtlik usually finds some way to work in his Corgi Kluska (Polish for "Noodle", the name of my second cocker!). While Kluska is often easy to spot, sometimes she's integrated so well she's hard to find!

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your pups! Bonus points for showing your real life doggaroonis!

(*Have no fear – wild canines will be featured later this week! And remember, any SOTD is on-theme!)
Hitting it out of the (dog) park, Snausages! And BTW, your handle is very expressive of your love of doggies :dog: - he wants a treat.
Your pups are so beautiful.
Les Bassetts (but they are sweet dachshunds):
81FEFD19-E1FA-408F-89EA-D81449EB0B6C.jpeg
Colliers de Chiens, the second of two clinker scarves bought internationally not as described - too much trouble to return so I lobbied for discounts to marginal success (the other was Appaloosa des Steppes 90 in the raspberry/canard cw). This CdC one will never lose its perfume odor, I fear. CB62AB3C-ABAC-4640-A4AF-7C7B4B897A17.jpeg

Oh, my goodness! Pages and pages of wonderful posts and silks-- I can never hope to catch up! I had a lovely lovely lunch with a scarfie friend on Wednesday and got home to a bit of a curve ball and have not been to surface until just now. All will be well and a few deep breaths later, here are some mod shots in my attempt to jump back in to the thread and the theme...
A shared twin goodness with my lovely young scarfie friend-- I was reminded how very very beautiful this cw of Into the Canadian Wild is. My first duplicate; started with the red hemmed one and added this because it was so soft and spring-like. But it is full of the wildlife even if they are a fauna of a different color...
View attachment 5702769
And here are some doggies from way back in the week on the twilly version of En Liberte, just as fetching (pun intended) as the 90!...
View attachment 5702771
And here, with my slightly uncooperative little Scout as a model, is my attempt at a "meta" mod shot with Tea for Two. This one gets me a rabbit, a cat, a horse, even a tiny dragon and of course, a pup. As a lifelong multi-generation four o clock tea drinker with a new puppy, y'all can see why I had to have this scarf!
View attachment 5702777
And now to scroll through the Week That Was...
Love this meta shot, LKB. I just imagine that you other hand is holding the tea, rather than the camera. Lovely scarf choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.