Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnycat

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2024
O.G.
Oct 14, 2013
continued from here

THEME WEEKS for 2023 from TEAM SCARF MISTRESS

Just for fun, each Sunday begins a new Theme Week. This year, we continue to have a full compliment of SMs and GSMs on file for the year! I believe our total for this year will be a whopping 13 SMs! I can't remember who everyone is off the top of my head except that I know @LKBNOLA and @Redbirdhermes will return for a round or two, but thank you in advance to all who volunteered for a theme or two! You know who you are and we appreciate you greatly. The variety and individuality really keeps SOTD a welcoming and fun space.

Once again, our ever fabulous calendar mastermind @xincinsin, along with @Cookiefiend, @Living.la.vida.fifi, @Karenska and yours truly brainstormed to (hopefully) give a fun and variety filled Silky Calendar for 2023. Of course, there is always room for more! If you’d like to be a host, start a Conversation with one of us (@bunnycat, @Cookiefiend, @Living.la.vida.fifi, or @xincinsin ) by clicking the Inbox in the upper right corner. (I promise it is really fun and we're here to help you any time!)

For 2023, we're visiting some old favorites and added on a few spins to old ideas that I hope will make for fun games. :smile:

Everyone on this thread is a Scarfie who loves learning about specific designers, discovering new scarf knots, examining scarf details more carefully, and seeing MORE SCARVES. Even if it's off-theme, your SOTD is always welcome. Be creative, have fun with the topics, and SHOW US YOUR SCARVES — talk about them and add links to more information. We’re all friends here (definitely no Scarf Police) – so smile at your selfie camera and come play with us!

THE SILKY CALENDER 2023:

JANUARY

01 Jan 2023- New Year Resolutions. Scarves for the CCP?(Color Correction Program Copyright @LKBNOLA) Learn new knots? Hunt a grail? Buy more blue scarves?
08 Jan 2023- Happy Hems & Bodacious Borders: Edgy Style Statements.
15 Jan 2023- Something Old, Something New. Explore vintage vs new designs which share similar themes.
22 Jan 2023- Paws for Thought. Bunnies, kitties, dogs and other furbabies (CNY Year of the Rabbit).
29 Jan 2023- Pattern on Pattern. Set your mix and match instincts free!

FEBRUARY
05 Feb 2023- Sleeping Beauty. Scarves you’ve not worn for some time or never worn.
12 Feb 2023 -Hearts for Valentine’s. Red scarves, scarves with hearts or symbols of love.
19 Feb 2023- Sew Beautiful. Scarves which show handicraft. (With or without needles!)
26 Feb 2023- Shakespeare for Scarves. Link a scarf to the Bard’s plays or poems .

MARCH
05 Mar 2023- Surprises! Amazing bargains, accidental buys and unexpected acquisitions that delighted you on your scarf journey.
12 Mar 2023 -Neutrals of Any Hue. Black, white and your personal neutrals.
19 Mar 2023- Everything Under the Sun. The myriad designs by Dmitri Rybaltchenko (and his dad).
26 Mar 2023- Culture Shock. Scarves depicting cultures foreign to you.

APRIL
02 Apr 2023- Fool for Love. Scarves you adore and bought one or more, or wish you’d bought more than one.
09 Apr 2023- Chicken & Egg. Which comes first? Outfit or scarf?
16 Apr 2023- Ring Round My Heart. Circles & ovals, blobs and rings.
23 Apr 2023- The Stuff of Legends. From traditional myths to urban legends.
30 Apr 2023- Scarf Bingo! Match those squares and score a win!

MAY
07 May 2023- My Kingdom for a Scarf! Royal themes and Imperial colours.
14 May 2023- Bouquet of Love. Gardens, flowers and pastels for Mother’s Day.
21 May 2023- Hidden Delights. Annie Faivre and that all-time fave - her monkeys!
28 May 2023- The Silk Road: Origins. Countries which produce silk or are famous for silk, inspirational designs and your personal slide down the orange slope

JUNE
04 Jun 2023- The Silk Road: Many Roads lead to H. Show us scarves which you acquired from different sources.
11 Jun 2023- The Silk Road: For the Future. Your forever scarves and the classics.
18 Jun 2023- Going Green. Show off the verdancy in your scarves!
25 Jun 2023- Your Cheating Heart. The non-H scarves you love.

JULY
02 Jul 2023- Liberty Bell. Scarves about America, especially those by Kermit Oliver.
09 Jul 2023- Silken Passport. How many and which scarves would you take when you travel?
16 Jul 2023- Keeping Cool: Cottons & Pareos. Wear a head scarf against the sun or show us a minimal skin-contact knot.
23 Jul 2023- Apart from Primary. Scarves that are NOT red, blue or yellow.
30 Jul 2023- Secret Combo. Tips, tricks, wardrobe & accessories for looking your scarfie best.

AUGUST
06 Aug 2023- Foulards Sans Frontières. Scarves without borders. Designs which go all the way to the edges or with clear space at the borders.
13 Aug 2023- Lilliputian Love. Twillies and gavs, nanos and mufflers.
20 Aug 2023- Philippe et Philippe. Sweet on Ledoux, Dive into Dumas.
27 Aug 2023- WYSIWYG. Design names which match or don't match the subject, and designs which totally transform when folded.

SEPTEMBER
03 Sep 2023- Bzzzzzy as a Bee. Scarves with really busy designs.
10 Sep 2023- Too Many To Count. The vast oeuvre of Pierre Marie.
17 Sep 2023 -Songbird. From feathers to birdies to songs to musicals to … How far can you stretch this theme?
24 Sep 2023- Not Blue Over Blue. Blue scarves, especially bright and brilliant shades!

OCTOBER
01 Oct 2023- If Only I Had 9 Necks! - Share with us your top 9 picks.
08 Oct 2023 - Scarf Poker. A little luck to counter Friday the 13th.
15 Oct 2023 -Pink is for Hope. From Baby to Dusty, pink is never sad or boring.
22 Oct 2023- Skull & Crossbones. C’est Le Fete & Scarves with X in the design.
29 Oct 2023- Trick or Treat. Candy coloured scarves. (Bonus points for matching candy!)

NOVEMBER
05 Nov 2023- C is for Cookie. Catherine Baschet, Caty Latham, Christiane Vauzelles, Christine Henry and other Cool designers.
12 Nov 2023- Not in Civvies. From soldiers and sailors to actors and dancers.
19 Nov 2023- Stormy Weather. Raincloud grey, lightning yellow, snow white. Bonus points for umbrellas and raingear!
26 Nov 2023 - Alice in Wonderland. Beauty in the eyes of Alice Shirley.

DECEMBER
03 Dec 2023- Horses, Zebras & Unicorns. Equine and unusual or rare scarves.
10 Dec 2023- Down South. Designers from & scarf designs depicting places south of the equator.
17 Dec 2023- Glitterfest. Designs depicting jewelry or match your jewelry and your scarf.
24 Dec 2023- Keep Off the Chill. Cashmeres and other large formats.
31 Dec 2023- The Oscarfs Return! Awards for the best of the best buys of 2023.

Good morning Scarflandia and Happy New Year to everyone!

I am sort of awake, and officially ready to start up with our kick off to 2023 now that we have kicked 2022 out the door. Let's start this year off right, with a theme we as scarfies probably spend a fair chunk of time contemplating.

01 Jan 2023- New Year Resolutions. Scarves for the CCP? (Color Correction Program Copyright @LKBNOLA) Learn new knots? Hunt a grail? Buy more blue scarves? Practice One in One Out theory?

At New Year, it is traditional among many people to take some vows of resolution for the New Year. For myself, I tend to go with the "best laid plans" theory and just don't bother. :lol: But this year (or this week at least) I am going to try to be strong. You might say my resolution is to turn over a new leaf if the scarf department. That is at least something I feel I have a hope of adhering to. Diets? Nope. Eat less chocolate? You're kitten me, right? Be less sarcastic at home? :roflmfao: Good luck....

So this is my official Segue Sunday post as well as the official start to 2023.

Last week, you may recall I went a little :cray: in the scarf purchasing department during 2022. Let me show you my 2 separate pictures together.

View attachment 5681386
2022higlights.jpg

2022otherhalf.jpg

Ok, now we see I have a problem, Houston. :lol: So my official New Years resolution is to cut my purchasing down a few notches. I mean, I am already not doing so well here with the new season scarves, but I digress. Perhaps I should start with something easier like a color correction program candidate, or buy fewer pink scarves.

In actuality, I did practice a one in and one out on the pocket squares during 2022 and hope to continue this practice. I bought exactly 1 pocket square in 2022, and one went to a new home! It even got a good home with a fellow tpfer so I know it is in GOOD HANDS! :tup:

After seeing a mod shot by our fair @LKBNOLA I could not pass up Peinture Fraiche with the striped hem! So that was my one in for 2022. I'd like to apply that idea a little more heavily in 2023. :yes:

peinturefraiche1.jpg

Happy 2023 from Snickers and me! Bring on your New Year's scarf resolutions (even if they only last for the week!) and delight us with pics of your CCP possibilities and "how many more blue/purple/neutral scarves does one need?" conundrums. :biggrin:

snick2023.jpg

Last edited:
Dear all, Happy New Year all scarf lovers and wearers 2023. I declare this thread open

Thanks to @bunnycat and all the scarf mistresses past, present and future :winkiss:

I was very restrained (for me) in 2022 and only bought 3 H scarves. My NY resolution is to get healthier so I look and feel better in my scarves.
A beautiful resolution for 2023 papertiger. Happy New Year!

What a great thread and I'm glad I joined in time to start fresh with the new year.

New years resolution - this year I probably won't buy any new scarves, but: I have enough to be happy about the ones I have.

General NY resolutions: I am planing 12 cities in 12 months and HOPE that I'll be a) lucky and b) successfull. Will open a thread, too! Diet: as always. Beeing more patient: hell NO! I am too patient, so my resolution would be " be less patient" ;)

Scarves for the CCP: unfortunately, I really have a few scarves that don't suit me at all in terms of colors. First and foremost is the Mythiques Phoenix scarf, which always makes me pale and colorless with its orange tones (I'm a cold winter type.....). And unfortunately also the double face c'est la fete with light blue and orange - but I can hang it on the wall ;)

I'm looking forward to tonight when I'll look through my scarves and photograph the ones I need to think about.

Until then, happy new year to y'all!

What a great thread and I'm glad I joined in time to start fresh with the new year.

New years resolution - this year I probably won't buy any new scarves, but: I have enough to be happy about the ones I have.

General NY resolutions: I am planing 12 cities in 12 months and HOPE that I'll be a) lucky and b) successfull. Will open a thread, too! Diet: as always. Beeing more patient: hell NO! I am too patient, so my resolution would be " be less patient" ;)

Scarves for the CCP: unfortunately, I really have a few scarves that don't suit me at all in terms of colors. First and foremost is the Mythiques Phoenix scarf, which always makes me pale and colorless with its orange tones (I'm a cold winter type.....). And unfortunately also the double face c'est la fete with light blue and orange - but I can hang it on the wall ;)

I'm looking forward to tonight when I'll look through my scarves and photograph the ones I need to think about.

Until then, happy new year to y'all!

Great resolutions! Looking forward to your thoughts and musings!

Dear all, Happy New Year all scarf lovers and wearers 2023. I declare this thread open

Thanks to @bunnycat and all the scarf mistresses past, present and future :winkiss:

I was very restrained (for me) in 2022 and only bought 3 H scarves. My NY resolution is to get healthier so I look and feel better in my scarves.
A worthy goal, Papertiger! Happy New Year!

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
Best wishes for 2023!
My resolutions...
Low by (which means only one square for Easter, one for my birthday, one for my holiday and one for Christmas + two bonuses) so 6 in all - my lucky number- grails AND new collections included.
So brave.
I'm counting on your advice to select the squares whose colours suit me best and maybe (I say maybe) I'll let one or the other join a new home.
To start the year well, here is Objets de curiosité which goes with everything Resized_20230101_091905.jpeg

Good morning Scarflandia and Happy New Year to everyone!

I am sort of awake, and officially ready to start up with our kick off to 2023 now that we have kicked 2022 out the door. Let's start this year off right, with a theme we as scarfies probably spend a fair chunk of time contemplating.

01 Jan 2023- New Year Resolutions. Scarves for the CCP? (Color Correction Program Copyright @LKBNOLA) Learn new knots? Hunt a grail? Buy more blue scarves? Practice One in One Out theory?

At New Year, it is traditional among many people to take some vows of resolution for the New Year. For myself, I tend to go with the "best laid plans" theory and just don't bother. :lol: But this year (or this week at least) I am going to try to be strong. You might say my resolution is to turn over a new leaf if the scarf department. That is at least something I feel I have a hope of adhering to. Diets? Nope. Eat less chocolate? You're kitten me, right? Be less sarcastic at home? :roflmfao: Good luck....

So this is my official Segue Sunday post as well as the official start to 2023.

Last week, you may recall I went a little :cray: in the scarf purchasing department during 2022. Let me show you my 2 separate pictures together.

View attachment 5681386
View attachment 5681427

View attachment 5681425

Ok, now we see I have a problem, Houston. :lol: So my official New Years resolution is to cut my purchasing down a few notches. I mean, I am already not doing so well here with the new season scarves, but I digress. Perhaps I should start with something easier like a color correction program candidate, or buy fewer pink scarves.

In actuality, I did practice a one in and one out on the pocket squares during 2022 and hope to continue this practice. I bought exactly 1 pocket square in 2022, and one went to a new home! It even got a good home with a fellow tpfer so I know it is in GOOD HANDS! :tup:

After seeing a mod shot by our fair @LKBNOLA I could not pass up Peinture Fraiche with the striped hem! So that was my one in for 2022. I'd like to apply that idea a little more heavily in 2023. :yes:

View attachment 5681423

Happy 2023 from Snickers and me! Bring on your New Year's scarf resolutions (even if they only last for the week!) and delight us with pics of your CCP possibilities and "how many more blue/purple/neutral scarves does one need?" conundrums. :biggrin:

View attachment 5681424
An inspiring and fun intro, Bunnycat, and so nice to see your sweet Snickers.
I prematurely posted a resolution not 30 minutes ago before the 2022 thread was locked :lol:. It is… Improve My Mod Shots. We’ll see.
For @Marie-the-Mary , a photo of my necklace and earrings that I talked about a few minutes ago on the 22Thread.
A3A19AFA-A031-4A63-9618-13C0A9D06BE7.jpeg

Best wishes for 2023!
My resolutions...
Low by (which means only one square for Easter, one for my birthday, one for my holiday and one for Christmas + two bonuses) so 6 in all - my lucky number- grails AND new collections included.
So brave.
I'm counting on your advice to select the squares whose colours suit me best and maybe (I say maybe) I'll let one or the other join a new home.
To start the year well, here is Objets de curiosité which goes with everything View attachment 5681438

You are brave Coco! I am hoping to cut by half. Six is a worthy goal for me, but right now probably too close to cold turkey. :lol:

I can definitely see that OdeC would go with everything and so a great example of what to look for in a scarf. Beautiful pastels on you!

An inspiring and fun intro, Bunnycat, and so nice to see your sweet Snickers.
I prematurely posted a resolution not 30 minutes ago before the 2022 thread was locked :lol:. It is… Improve My Mod Shots. We’ll see.
For @Marie-the-Mary , a photo of my necklace and earrings that I talked about a few minutes ago on the 22Thread.
View attachment 5681439

That is an enjoyable goal! Good choice!

• Love
Reactions: Karenska
continued from here

THEME WEEKS for 2023 from TEAM SCARF MISTRESS

Just for fun, each Sunday begins a new Theme Week. This year, we continue to have a full compliment of SMs and GSMs on file for the year! I believe our total for this year will be a whopping 13 SMs! I can't remember who everyone is off the top of my head except that I know @LKBNOLA and @Redbirdhermes will return for a round or two, but thank you in advance to all who volunteered for a theme or two! You know who you are and we appreciate you greatly. The variety and individuality really keeps SOTD a welcoming and fun space.

Once again, our ever fabulous calendar mastermind @xincinsin, along with @Cookiefiend, @Living.la.vida.fifi, @Karenska and yours truly brainstormed to (hopefully) give a fun and variety filled Silky Calendar for 2023. Of course, there is always room for more! If you’d like to be a host, start a Conversation with one of us (@bunnycat, @Cookiefiend, @Living.la.vida.fifi, or @xincinsin ) by clicking the Inbox in the upper right corner. (I promise it is really fun and we're here to help you any time!)

For 2023, we're visiting some old favorites and added on a few spins to old ideas that I hope will make for fun games. :smile:

Everyone on this thread is a Scarfie who loves learning about specific designers, discovering new scarf knots, examining scarf details more carefully, and seeing MORE SCARVES. Even if it's off-theme, your SOTD is always welcome. Be creative, have fun with the topics, and SHOW US YOUR SCARVES — talk about them and add links to more information. We’re all friends here (definitely no Scarf Police) – so smile at your selfie camera and come play with us!

THE SILKY CALENDER 2023:

JANUARY
01 Jan 2023- New Year Resolutions. Scarves for the CCP?(Color Correction Program Copyright @LKBNOLA) Learn new knots? Hunt a grail? Buy more blue scarves?
08 Jan 2023- Happy Hems & Bodacious Borders: Edgy Style Statements.
15 Jan 2023- Something Old, Something New. Explore vintage vs new designs which share similar themes.
22 Jan 2023- Paws for Thought. Bunnies, kitties, dogs and other furbabies (CNY Year of the Rabbit).
29 Jan 2023- Pattern on Pattern. Set your mix and match instincts free!

FEBRUARY
05 Feb 2023- Sleeping Beauty. Scarves you’ve not worn for some time or never worn.
12 Feb 2023 -Hearts for Valentine’s. Red scarves, scarves with hearts or symbols of love.
19 Feb 2023- Sew Beautiful. Scarves which show handicraft. (With or without needles!)
26 Feb 2023- Shakespeare for Scarves. Link a scarf to the Bard’s plays or poems .

MARCH
05 Mar 2023- Surprises! Amazing bargains, accidental buys and unexpected acquisitions that delighted you on your scarf journey.
12 Mar 2023 -Neutrals of Any Hue. Black, white and your personal neutrals.
19 Mar 2023- Everything Under the Sun. The myriad designs by Dmitri Rybaltchenko (and his dad).
26 Mar 2023- Culture Shock. Scarves depicting cultures foreign to you.

APRIL
02 Apr 2023- Fool for Love. Scarves you adore and bought one or more, or wish you’d bought more than one.
09 Apr 2023- Chicken & Egg. Which comes first? Outfit or scarf?
16 Apr 2023- Ring Round My Heart. Circles & ovals, blobs and rings.
23 Apr 2023- The Stuff of Legends. From traditional myths to urban legends.
30 Apr 2023- Scarf Bingo! Match those squares and score a win!

MAY
07 May 2023- My Kingdom for a Scarf! Royal themes and Imperial colours.
14 May 2023- Bouquet of Love. Gardens, flowers and pastels for Mother’s Day.
21 May 2023- Hidden Delights. Annie Faivre and that all-time fave - her monkeys!
28 May 2023- The Silk Road: Origins. Countries which produce silk or are famous for silk, inspirational designs and your personal slide down the orange slope

JUNE
04 Jun 2023- The Silk Road: Many Roads lead to H. Show us scarves which you acquired from different sources.
11 Jun 2023- The Silk Road: For the Future. Your forever scarves and the classics.
18 Jun 2023- Going Green. Show off the verdancy in your scarves!
25 Jun 2023- Your Cheating Heart. The non-H scarves you love.

JULY
02 Jul 2023- Liberty Bell. Scarves about America, especially those by Kermit Oliver.
09 Jul 2023- Silken Passport. How many and which scarves would you take when you travel?
16 Jul 2023- Keeping Cool: Cottons & Pareos. Wear a head scarf against the sun or show us a minimal skin-contact knot.
23 Jul 2023- Apart from Primary. Scarves that are NOT red, blue or yellow.
30 Jul 2023- Secret Combo. Tips, tricks, wardrobe & accessories for looking your scarfie best.

AUGUST
06 Aug 2023- Foulards Sans Frontières. Scarves without borders. Designs which go all the way to the edges or with clear space at the borders.
13 Aug 2023- Lilliputian Love. Twillies and gavs, nanos and mufflers.
20 Aug 2023- Philippe et Philippe. Sweet on Ledoux, Dive into Dumas.
27 Aug 2023- WYSIWYG. Design names which match or don't match the subject, and designs which totally transform when folded.

SEPTEMBER
03 Sep 2023- Bzzzzzy as a Bee. Scarves with really busy designs.
10 Sep 2023- Too Many To Count. The vast oeuvre of Pierre Marie.
17 Sep 2023 -Songbird. From feathers to birdies to songs to musicals to … How far can you stretch this theme?
24 Sep 2023- Not Blue Over Blue. Blue scarves, especially bright and brilliant shades!

OCTOBER
01 Oct 2023- If Only I Had 9 Necks! - Share with us your top 9 picks.
08 Oct 2023 - Scarf Poker. A little luck to counter Friday the 13th.
15 Oct 2023 -Pink is for Hope. From Baby to Dusty, pink is never sad or boring.
22 Oct 2023- Skull & Crossbones. C’est Le Fete & Scarves with X in the design.
29 Oct 2023- Trick or Treat. Candy coloured scarves. (Bonus points for matching candy!)

NOVEMBER
05 Nov 2023- C is for Cookie. Catherine Baschet, Caty Latham, Christiane Vauzelles, Christine Henry and other Cool designers.
12 Nov 2023- Not in Civvies. From soldiers and sailors to actors and dancers.
19 Nov 2023- Stormy Weather. Raincloud grey, lightning yellow, snow white. Bonus points for umbrellas and raingear!
26 Nov 2023 - Alice in Wonderland. Beauty in the eyes of Alice Shirley.

DECEMBER
03 Dec 2023- Horses, Zebras & Unicorns. Equine and unusual or rare scarves.
10 Dec 2023- Down South. Designers from & scarf designs depicting places south of the equator.
17 Dec 2023- Glitterfest. Designs depicting jewelry or match your jewelry and your scarf.
24 Dec 2023- Keep Off the Chill. Cashmeres and other large formats.
31 Dec 2023- The Oscarfs Return! Awards for the best of the best buys of 2023.
Inspiring!!

Best wishes for 2023!
My resolutions...
So brave.
To start the year well, here is Objets de curiosité which goes with everything View attachment 5681438
Coco, this is so pretty on you! Six is definitely a worthy goal. I’m shooting for a low number like that myself. The new season isn’t helping :lol:. I already see three designs I would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.